• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Most memorable doped perfomances?

Page 23 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

zlev11 said:
hahaha that Aru TT brings a tear to my eye, incredible old school doping stuff right there. he's gonna do a Sella this week.

No, he just drafted to a ridiculous degree.
The commissaires are now deliberating on possible penalties.

edit: as i wrote that, they've now announced a 20s penalty. That's clearly less than he gained with the blatant drafting.

Pedersen did about the same and got 30s

Ulissi and Conti got 2 minutes each.

The top ranks of professional cycling have pretty much buried the sport.
There seems to be a no-win situation.
Teams ride an entire peloton off their wheels and everyone is doped.
Froome takes a flyer 80 km from the finish and he's doped.
I'm sure both scenarios are true, but that's not the point.
Riders and team owners should have put their heads together years ago to find a solution to public perception.
I think it might be too late, but riders should have formed a union and bargained a contract with trade team owners and develop a system whereby it seems like there is a rigorous doping program in place.
Pretty much everyone in the NFL is a freak of nature, yet no one bats an eyelash.
This Giro has been a friggin bad joke from start to finish.

Well, I'm sorry for you.

I’m sorry that you can’t dream big.

I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles.

But this is one hell of a race. This is a great sporting event and you should stand around and believe it.

You should believe in these athletes, and you should believe in these people.

I'm not even mad, I just think it's hilarious.

Gewiss weren't this ridiculous

TRENDING THREADS