• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

    In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

    Thanks!

Motor doping thread

Page 164 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
brownbobby said:
veganrob said:
brownbobby said:
Cycle Chic said:
https://deadspin.com/secret-thermal-camera-footage-allegedly-shows-seven-pro-1771492666

Secret Thermal Camera Footage Allegedly Shows Seven Pro Cyclists Using Illegal Motors In Bikes

This article is from 2016 which has just been posted on twitter from Digger. I havent seen it before but it answers one of my questions as to why Froome hasnt done the Giro. When was the last time he did a race in Italy ?

Either way - the Italians dont mess about. Could this be why Froome wont go there ?

Because the TDF has always been the biggest bike race in the world and his number 1 priority.

There you go, I answered your question about why he hasn't done the Giro (not since he suddenly got really good anyway)
Doesn't stop him doing the Vuelta regularly does it.

Oh come on, surely we can all agree that the Giro Tour double is a whole different ball game to the Tour Vuelta double...
That wasn't what you said though, is it
 
veganrob said:
[quote=" Secret Thermal Camera Footage Allegedly Shows Seven Pro Cyclists Using Illegal Motors In Bikes


This article is from 2016 which has just been posted on twitter from Digger. I havent seen it before but it answers one of my questions as to why Froome hasnt done the Giro. When was the last time he did a race in Italy ?

Either way - the Italians dont mess about. Could this be why Froome wont go there ?[/quote]

Because the TDF has always been the biggest bike race in the world and his number 1 priority.

There you go, I answered your question about why he hasn't done the Giro (not since he suddenly got really good anyway)[/quote]
Doesn't stop him doing the Vuelta regularly does it.[/quote]

Oh come on, surely we can all agree that the Giro Tour double is a whole different ball game to the Tour Vuelta double...[/quote]
That wasn't what you said though, is it[/quote]

I thought it was clear enough that yes, that is exactly what I meant by what I said....but just in case let me elaborate....
Chris Froome sets the TDF as his number one priority each year. Riding the Giro, before the Tour, would be a risk to achieving this priority, hence the reason he doesn't ride the Giro. When he already has the TDF won, going along to the Vuelta is obviously not a risk to his chances of winning the TDF. Hence why I differentiate between the Giro and the Vuelta being doubled up with the Tour.
 
Wednesday I talked to one of the tech guys at work (a rare meeting at the coffee machine at my site), and asked him about video editing because I know that he does video/sound/light stuff for fun. I explained the "strange" situation we saw on a steep little ramp in la Vuelta. He said that he could easily manipulate like that. This is were the conversation went wrong for me :eek: <<<WARNING R Rated>>>he explaining to me how he can change the way boobs move in a video without changeling anything else in the video. It quickly moved from R to XXX, thankfully someone else came in.

Anyway, when we were all analyzing the video, I said that it would require really high level editing equipment/software to make only one part of a video move differently than the rest, but I was wrong. So maybe someone manipulated that video to show that motors exist in the pro platoon, maybe its not manipulated and motors do exist, or maybe its not manipulated and motors don't exist.
 
Re:

Anyway, when we were all analyzing the video, I said that it would require really high level editing equipment/software to make only one part of a video move differently than the rest, but I was wrong. So maybe someone manipulated that video to show that motors exist in the pro platoon, maybe its not manipulated and motors do exist, or maybe its not manipulated and motors don't exist.

There is fake news too, so maybe all of the news about motors is fake and they really don't exist. It's all a figment of our imagination.
 
Re:

jmdirt said:
Wednesday I talked to one of the tech guys at work (a rare meeting at the coffee machine at my site), and asked him about video editing because I know that he does video/sound/light stuff for fun. I explained the "strange" situation we saw on a steep little ramp in la Vuelta. He said that he could easily manipulate like that. This is were the conversation went wrong for me :eek: <<<WARNING R Rated>>>he explaining to me how he can change the way boobs move in a video without changeling anything else in the video. It quickly moved from R to XXX, thankfully someone else came in.

Anyway, when we were all analyzing the video, I said that it would require really high level editing equipment/software to make only one part of a video move differently than the rest, but I was wrong. So maybe someone manipulated that video to show that motors exist in the pro platoon, maybe its not manipulated and motors do exist, or maybe its not manipulated and motors don't exist.
It would take some pretty sophisticated software to edit the video before it appeared on my tv screen
 
Re: Re:

Eyeballs Out said:
jmdirt said:
Wednesday I talked to one of the tech guys at work (a rare meeting at the coffee machine at my site), and asked him about video editing because I know that he does video/sound/light stuff for fun. I explained the "strange" situation we saw on a steep little ramp in la Vuelta. He said that he could easily manipulate like that. This is were the conversation went wrong for me :eek: <<<WARNING R Rated>>>he explained to me how he can change the way boobs move in a video without changeling anything else in the video. It quickly moved from R to XXX, thankfully someone else came in.

Anyway, when we were all analyzing the video, I said that it would require really high level editing equipment/software to make only one part of a video move differently than the rest, but I was wrong. So maybe someone manipulated that video to show that motors exist in the pro platoon, maybe its not manipulated and motors do exist, or maybe its not manipulated and motors don't exist.
It would take some pretty sophisticated software to edit the video before it appeared on my tv screen
:lol: Hey, if you develop it, I will invest because we could make some serious $$ with that tech! I was referring to the clip that was Twitted though.

Time delay would allow for editing before it hits your eyeballs, but I can't imagine the motivation of a TV exec. doing that.
 
Re: Re:

Huapango said:
Anyway, when we were all analyzing the video, I said that it would require really high level editing equipment/software to make only one part of a video move differently than the rest, but I was wrong. So maybe someone manipulated that video to show that motors exist in the pro platoon, maybe its not manipulated and motors do exist, or maybe its not manipulated and motors don't exist.

There is fake news too, so maybe all of the news about motors is fake and they really don't exist. It's all a figment of our imagination.
Well, seat tube/BB motors certainly exist, and others are likely being tested. That said, there is quite a bit of false idea news about some of the motor possibilities.
 
Jul 19, 2009
949
0
0
Visit site
Re:

jmdirt said:
Wednesday I talked to one of the tech guys at work (a rare meeting at the coffee machine at my site), and asked him about video editing because I know that he does video/sound/light stuff for fun. I explained the "strange" situation we saw on a steep little ramp in la Vuelta. He said that he could easily manipulate like that. This is were the conversation went wrong for me :eek: <<<WARNING R Rated>>>he explaining to me how he can change the way boobs move in a video without changeling anything else in the video. It quickly moved from R to XXX, thankfully someone else came in.

Anyway, when we were all analyzing the video, I said that it would require really high level editing equipment/software to make only one part of a video move differently than the rest, but I was wrong. So maybe someone manipulated that video to show that motors exist in the pro platoon, maybe its not manipulated and motors do exist, or maybe its not manipulated and motors don't exist.
Ocam's razor would say that alien invadors with the help of nazi frogs created that video.
 
Re: Re:

Huapango said:
Anyway, when we were all analyzing the video, I said that it would require really high level editing equipment/software to make only one part of a video move differently than the rest, but I was wrong. So maybe someone manipulated that video to show that motors exist in the pro platoon, maybe its not manipulated and motors do exist, or maybe its not manipulated and motors don't exist.

There is fake news too, so maybe all of the news about motors is fake and they really don't exist. It's all a figment of our imagination.

Motors in Froome's bikes is fake news.
 
Re:

jmdirt said:
Wednesday I talked to one of the tech guys at work (a rare meeting at the coffee machine at my site), and asked him about video editing because I know that he does video/sound/light stuff for fun. I explained the "strange" situation we saw on a steep little ramp in la Vuelta. He said that he could easily manipulate like that. This is were the conversation went wrong for me :eek: <<<WARNING R Rated>>>he explaining to me how he can change the way boobs move in a video without changeling anything else in the video. It quickly moved from R to XXX, thankfully someone else came in.

Anyway, when we were all analyzing the video, I said that it would require really high level editing equipment/software to make only one part of a video move differently than the rest, but I was wrong. So maybe someone manipulated that video to show that motors exist in the pro platoon, maybe its not manipulated and motors do exist, or maybe its not manipulated and motors don't exist.

and why would anyone want to manipulate that section of the vuelta ? come on !! what possible reason would anyone have for doing that ?
 
Re: Re:

Cycle Chic said:
jmdirt said:
Wednesday I talked to one of the tech guys at work (a rare meeting at the coffee machine at my site), and asked him about video editing because I know that he does video/sound/light stuff for fun. I explained the "strange" situation we saw on a steep little ramp in la Vuelta. He said that he could easily manipulate like that. This is were the conversation went wrong for me :eek: <<<WARNING R Rated>>>he explaining to me how he can change the way boobs move in a video without changeling anything else in the video. It quickly moved from R to XXX, thankfully someone else came in.

Anyway, when we were all analyzing the video, I said that it would require really high level editing equipment/software to make only one part of a video move differently than the rest, but I was wrong. So maybe someone manipulated that video to show that motors exist in the pro platoon, maybe its not manipulated and motors do exist, or maybe its not manipulated and motors don't exist.

and why would anyone want to manipulate that section of the vuelta ? come on !! what possible reason would anyone have for doing that ?
Your "come on!!" has me wondering if that is TiC, but since you didn't give me emoji support: they would manipulate that because they want to prove that Sky is using motors.
 
Re:

jmdirt said:
Anyway, when we were all analyzing the video, I said that it would require really high level editing equipment/software to make only one part of a video move differently than the rest, but I was wrong. So maybe someone manipulated that video to show that motors exist in the pro platoon, maybe its not manipulated and motors do exist, or maybe its not manipulated and motors don't exist.
I remember during that stage, a Dutch person asked on twitter if someone could make a GIF of the moment "Poels cruised up a near-vertical inner corner while reading a book and solving a crossword puzzle" or something to that extent. Seems quite obvious that was referring to that moment so it was on TV and not manipulated afterwards.
 
Re:

jmdirt said:
Wednesday I talked to one of the tech guys at work (a rare meeting at the coffee machine at my site), and asked him about video editing because I know that he does video/sound/light stuff for fun.
So some random 'tech' (an accounting technician, perhaps?) who does AV for fun, is now being cited as a *** expert on this stuff? Hear that sound? That's not something edited in, that's the sound of the barrel being scraped.
 
Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
jmdirt said:
Anyway, when we were all analyzing the video, I said that it would require really high level editing equipment/software to make only one part of a video move differently than the rest, but I was wrong. So maybe someone manipulated that video to show that motors exist in the pro platoon, maybe its not manipulated and motors do exist, or maybe its not manipulated and motors don't exist.
I remember during that stage, a Dutch person asked on twitter if someone could make a GIF of the moment "Poels cruised up a near-vertical inner corner while reading a book and solving a crossword puzzle" or something to that extent. Seems quite obvious that was referring to that moment so it was on TV and not manipulated afterwards.
Could someone explain what stage is being discussed here? I thought the thermal video was from Italian races ...
 
Motor found at amateur race organized in Saint-Michel-de-Double, about fifty kilometers south-west of Périgueux. Discovery took place during a joint operation conducted by the Prosecutor's Office of Périgueux, the French Cycling Federation (FFC) and the French Anti-Doping Agency

deets (French)
"We were advised by an official of the French Anti-Doping Agency of a suspicion of cheating by means of an electrical system, probably a small engine," said the public prosecutor of the Republic of Périgueux, Jean-François Mailhes.
 
Re:

fmk_RoI said:
deets (French)
"We were advised by an official of the French Anti-Doping Agency of a suspicion of cheating by means of an electrical system, probably a small engine," said the public prosecutor of the Republic of Périgueux, Jean-François Mailhes.
So what's likely to have happened here, the AFLD popped someone for something and that person ratted out someone else in order to get a reduction in their ban?
 
Re: Re:

fmk_RoI said:
LaFlorecita said:
jmdirt said:
Anyway, when we were all analyzing the video, I said that it would require really high level editing equipment/software to make only one part of a video move differently than the rest, but I was wrong. So maybe someone manipulated that video to show that motors exist in the pro platoon, maybe its not manipulated and motors do exist, or maybe its not manipulated and motors don't exist.
I remember during that stage, a Dutch person asked on twitter if someone could make a GIF of the moment "Poels cruised up a near-vertical inner corner while reading a book and solving a crossword puzzle" or something to that extent. Seems quite obvious that was referring to that moment so it was on TV and not manipulated afterwards.
Could someone explain what stage is being discussed here? I thought the thermal video was from Italian races ...
I thought the discussion was about the Poels video from the Angliru stage.
 
Jul 19, 2009
949
0
0
Visit site
Re: Re:

fmk_RoI said:
fmk_RoI said:
deets (French)
"We were advised by an official of the French Anti-Doping Agency of a suspicion of cheating by means of an electrical system, probably a small engine," said the public prosecutor of the Republic of Périgueux, Jean-François Mailhes.
So what's likely to have happened here, the AFLD popped someone for something and that person ratted out someone else in order to get a reduction in their ban?
Apparently, that moto-rider had been too good at climbing on a precedent race, so riders spotted him!
 
Re: Re:

poupou said:
fmk_RoI said:
fmk_RoI said:
deets (French)
"We were advised by an official of the French Anti-Doping Agency of a suspicion of cheating by means of an electrical system, probably a small engine," said the public prosecutor of the Republic of Périgueux, Jean-François Mailhes.
So what's likely to have happened here, the AFLD popped someone for something and that person ratted out someone else in order to get a reduction in their ban?
Apparently, that moto-rider had been too good at climbing on a precedent race, so riders spotted him!

I pray for the day it's that easy to rat on a rider in the Pro Tour.
 
Re:

Giusepperides said:
Please google "Cippolini MCM2" if you are doubting this technology and it's availability.
These are for sale today.

You are posting in a thread with over 200 pages where the very first post is about the technology in those Cippo bikes being found in a CX race bike. Literally no-one in this thread is doubting that technology exists.
 
vwzc0p.jpg

Source: http://www.sudgirondecyclisme.fr/2017/09/cyril-fontayne-vainqueur-a-roumagne-47/

Nice bidon mismatch and button bulge on the right of the drops ;)

Compare the bike in the photo with the one in the article below (scroll down a bit) where it's being investigated:

http://www.sudouest.fr/2017/10/01/dordogne-un-moteur-decouvert-dans-un-velo-lors-d-une-course-amateur-3823059-4596.php

Seems like the type that LeMond demonstrated.