• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Motor doping thread

Page 18 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Its not additional its standard on the Wilier 101 E-Cyclocrosser. On the website I posted you can order a cantilever version which would make it an exact copy of the frame Femke was using on the Koppenberg.

Re:

Tienus said:
Its not additional its standard on the Wilier 101 E-Cyclocrosser. On the website I posted you can order a cantilever version which would make it an exact copy of the frame Femke was using on the Koppenberg.

It is additional as the Wilier 101 E-Cyclocrosser only exists on that website, it's a modified bike. I'm guessing they chose that Wilier because the bits happen to fit well in it, not sure though.

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
Re: Mechanical doping: first rider caught

Cancellara curious to see how motor investigations unfold

It didn't take long for us to find out just how the pros will react to all this.

Cancellara leading the way and setting the tone for the rest to follow.

It's done. They've got the sport they deserve.

And it's a complete and total joke.

When asked if mechanical cheating was somehow worse than doping, Guercilena suddenly interrupted the conversation.

“Excuse me, either we talk about the Dubai Tour, we’re not about engines. I’m sorry, don’t do all the interview on that,” the Italian team manager said bluntly, after carefully listening to every word Cancellara had said.

Cancellara was more relaxed but equally clear.

“I gave you my answer already,” Cancellara said. “If you want to ask me again, then I can go because that’s not what we want to talk about. Let’s talk about bike racing and the real ones. The rest, I don’t care about. I’m sorry."

Great. Just like chemical doping, you can't talk about it in the future, you can't talk about it in the past, and you can't talk about it in the present.

Cheating in the past? That was the past. Don't talk about it.
Cheating in the future? That's ridiculous. The sport is clean now. Don't talk about it.
Cheating in the present? Next question!

Jacques de Molay said:
Cancellara curious to see how motor investigations unfold

It didn't take long for us to find out just how the pros will react to all this.

Cancellara leading the way and setting the tone for the rest to follow.

It's done. They've got the sport they deserve.

And it's a complete and total joke.

When asked if mechanical cheating was somehow worse than doping, Guercilena suddenly interrupted the conversation.

“Excuse me, either we talk about the Dubai Tour, we’re not about engines. I’m sorry, don’t do all the interview on that,” the Italian team manager said bluntly, after carefully listening to every word Cancellara had said.

Cancellara was more relaxed but equally clear.

“I gave you my answer already,” Cancellara said. “If you want to ask me again, then I can go because that’s not what we want to talk about. Let’s talk about bike racing and the real ones. The rest, I don’t care about. I’m sorry."

Great. Just like chemical doping, you can't talk about it in the future, you can't talk about it in the past, and you can't talk about it in the present.

Cheating in the past? That was the past. Don't talk about it.
Cheating in the future? That's ridiculous. The sport is clean now. Don't talk about it.
Cheating in the present? Next question!

If only they can find a way to pin this on Armstrong, then things can go back to new generation cleans.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site

Jacques de Molay said:
Benotti69 said:
Better check the hour frame...oops too late!
Well, he does say this:
They did it after the Hour Record; they took my bike to pieces. They didn’t give up with it, which is a good thing.
Cookson is so compromised towards sky/BC, it makes a mockery of any kind of testing of Sky/BC bikes.

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
Sorry if this has already been covered but i really worry about cat 2/3/4 racing. They will never see any serious checks. You wouldn't even have to use it super overtly for example:

Attack without additional power, then use it once you are clear to recover.
Use it on hills while near the back of the bunch to keep your legs fresh

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site

dwyatt said:
sniper said:
Jacques de Molay said:
Benotti69 said:
Better check the hour frame...oops too late!
Well, he does say this:
They did it after the Hour Record; they took my bike to pieces. They didn’t give up with it, which is a good thing.
but most people here wouldn't trust sky/bc no matter what, so cookson makes little difference really.
sure, but without cookson one would've had some hope they might actually get caught someday.
with cookson not a chance in hell.
again, that's objectively speaking.
cookson is more compromised towards Sky than Phat/Verbruggen ever were towards USPS.

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site

thehog said:
If only they can find a way to pin this on Armstrong, then things can go back to new generation cleans.
Does this count?

Berzin said:
Hate to break it to all you grand conspiracy theorists, with your prognostications over new/undetectable drugs, UCI conspiracy with Sky, and whatever else have you, but Froome's attacks on the Ventoux were due to a motor, the same one Cancellara used and that Armstrong allegedly had access to back in 2001.
Berzin said:
Froome, from the looks of it, probably had a motor in his bike, the same one Armstrong and Cancellara used at different points in their career.

Re: Re:

Tienus said:
luckyboy said:
Here the guy from Salden talking about it - http://m.telegraaf.nl/article/25125876/prof-krijgt-van-mij-geen-motortje

That's a big battery in the saddle bag?

He's on twitter saying that they only sell to older people - https://twitter.com/RalphSalden/with_replies

At the end of the video he seems to know exactly how Femke tackled the hidden battery problem.

Can't speak Dutch, something about a bidon? Vivax makes a bidon battery.
Femke doesn't have a bidon in any of these videos though.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site

luckyboy said:
no, not the bidon.
he confirms what we knew, namely that in femke's case the battery was hidden in the bottom of the frame.

He says: "so in her case the frame was opened from the bottom and the battery hidden in it"

It would explain that a detailed picture of the frame as seen by Sabrina could be incriminating evidence. There must also be a charge connection somewhere.

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site

sniper said:
luckyboy said:
no, not the bidon.
he confirms what we knew, namely that in femke's case the battery was hidden in the bottom of the frame.

Frame tubes are huge these days, should be pretty easy.

Conspriacy nut question of the days - did frame tubes get more oversized becuase teams wanted more space for batteries and motors.

It's actually quite hard to get onto a worlds venue wth a bike as a non-rider, right? You just don't casually ride there and take the bike in for your convenience. With a team pass, yes. But then the team cannot get out of responsibility.

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site

LaFlorecita said:
luckyboy said:
Cosmo Catalano and Adam Myerson think Wout Van Aert is at it (4th guy, in all white. Video is from Hoogerheide) - https://www.facebook.com/cosmo.catalano/videos/10100653425172516/?fref=nf
Wow, that looks weird. Don't know how to explain the wheel movement.

Yeah... My personal experience is that when you lose traction the wheel slips and your pedal stroke goes from smooth to <stomp> <stomp> <stomp> and the wheel does the same - spinning and skidding to a halt with each stroke. This just looks funny. Could be totally legit, but hey, that's just the state our sport has devolved into.

John Swanson

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Cloxxki said:
It's actually quite hard to get onto a worlds venue wth a bike as a non-rider, right? You just don't casually ride there and take the bike in for your convenience. With a team pass, yes. But then the team cannot get out of responsibility.

I'd imagine it's impossible. In one of my last years of racing (I stopped a number of years ago) there was a bigger local event (Yaletown Grand Prix). I decided not to race because the course is sketchy, but tried to do a few warm-up laps with the rest of my team. This was at least half an hour before the first race and I was yanked within minutes by someone who spotted that I didn't have any numbers pinned.

A World Championships...? I just can't wrap my head around the thought of someone being on the course that wasn't supposed to be there.

John Swanson

TRENDING THREADS