• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Motor doping thread

Page 179 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
According to the front page, Ricco says he'll race again after his ban, but he would never use motors. Which mean that there 6 of them in his hub alone. He built five of them and half are rusty.

John Swanson

ScienceIsCool said:
According to the front page, Ricco says he'll race again after his ban, but he would never use motors. Which mean that there 6 of them in his hub alone. He built five of them and half are rusty.

John Swanson

Man, Ricco is still only 34? Think of all the things he could have achieved had he been just a little bit less stupid.

Re:

spalco said:
ScienceIsCool said:

John Swanson

Man, Ricco is still only 34? Think of all the things he could have achieved had he been just a little bit less stupid.

Last time I saw Ricco in a race he was climbing like Floyd Landis riding a motorbike.

Re: Re:

movingtarget said:
spalco said:
ScienceIsCool said:

John Swanson

Last time I saw Ricco in a race he was climbing like Floyd Landis riding a motorbike.

Hahahahaha!! Good one!!!

http://www.petitbleu.fr/article/2017/12/25/81198-alexandre-geniez-ca-va-peter-un-jour.html (fr)
Interesting comments by Geniez following the news of the oncoming investigation.

"To me, at first, it can only concern one team, one of the best in the world, its leader and probably other of its riders, but also the UCI and the British federation."

"They never miss their goals, they're always ahead of the competition in the big events and they win what they have programmed. It's like the British on the track, we often believe that there is something. I think that it will blow up some day, that we will learn things."

"Electric bikes have existed for a long time and maybe more than you think but it has concerned, in my opinion, only four or five riders. We know the names."

Re:

Alexandre B. said:
http://www.petitbleu.fr/article/2017/12/25/81198-alexandre-geniez-ca-va-peter-un-jour.html (fr)
Interesting comments by Geniez following the news of the oncoming investigation.

"To me, at first, it can only concern one team, one of the best in the world, its leader and probably other of its riders, but also the UCI and the British federation."

"They never miss their goals, they're always ahead of the competition in the big events and they win what they have programmed. It's like the British on the track, we often believe that there is something. I think that it will blow up some day, that we will learn things."

"Electric bikes have existed for a long time and maybe more than you think but it has concerned, in my opinion, only four or five riders. We know the names."

but surprise : On the other hand, Alexandre Geniez does not imagine for a moment that ASO, the giant of the world organization, is involved in the case of corruption that interests the judges. "First because I do not see their interest, then because they have often proved that they were the first to fight against all fraud. Frankly no, I do not think so ...

These are the most obvious cases I've seen:

Cancellara at Muur
Link

Froome at Ventoux
Link

Froome and Porte at PSM
Link

In my opinion Cancellara is even more suspicious than Froome and his Sky pals. Sagan is another candidate.

People have also suspected Floyd Landis' solo ride in the 2006 Tour. That's a tougher one since he would've needed 50-100 watts for 2+ hours; I don't think hidden motors would would have been able to produce that much juice.

Re:

DanielSong39 said:

Cancellara at Muur
Link

Froome at Ventoux
Link

Froome and Porte at PSM
Link

In my opinion Cancellara is even more suspicious than Froome and his Sky pals. Sagan is another candidate.

People have also suspected Floyd Landis' solo ride in the 2006 Tour. That's a tougher one since he would've needed 50-100 watts for 2+ hours; I don't think hidden motors would would have been able to produce that much juice.

2013 Ax3 Porte and Froome. Porte especially who after his efforts for pedalled for a little while and then attacked and caught Quintana. That was insane.

Re:

DanielSong39 said:

Cancellara at Muur
Link

Froome at Ventoux
Link

Froome and Porte at PSM
Link

Froome and Poels at Angliru...

Re:

Alexandre B. said:
Nibali worries me as well on certain occasions (Tour 2014 comes to mind).

Wouldn't surprise me but all of his attacks are consistent with someone who is in A+ condition with the best dope available. Speeding away from Nieve at Hautacam is not the best evidence since Nieve had clearly cracked (and was caught by the pack soon afterwards), and his rivals ignored him while racing each other for a podium place.

Team Sunweb would be next when it comes to degrees of suspicion.

Looking at the bigger picture I think the 2017 Vuelta might be the most suspicious race of them all. Incredible wattages, stage after stage, have me believing that half the peloton may have been using motors. If Nibali has been dabbling with motors this is probably the most likely race.

DanielSong39 said:
Alexandre B. said:

Wouldn't surprise me but all of his attacks are consistent with someone who is in A+ condition with the best dope available. Speeding away from Nieve at Hautacam is not the best evidence since Nieve had clearly cracked (and was caught by the pack soon afterwards), and his rivals ignored him while racing each other for a podium place.

I'm primarily referring to the cobbled stage. He rode away from Cancellara, Sagan and the OPQS contingent with such ease. That's suspicion number one on my list.

Alexandre B. said:
DanielSong39 said:
Alexandre B. said:

I'm primarily referring to the cobbled stage. He rode away from Cancellara, Sagan and the OPQS contingent with such ease. That's suspicion number one on my list.

Bad weather made stage into a lottery. Given the road conditions it would be very dangerous to use a motor there. I lean more towards unbelievable doped performance.

May 13, 2015
Visit site

thehog said:
DanielSong39 said:

Cancellara at Muur
Link

Froome at Ventoux
Link

Froome and Porte at PSM
Link

2013 Ax3 Porte and Froome. Porte especially who after his efforts for pedalled for a little while and then attacked and caught Quintana. That was insane.
Froome & Sagan split the peloton in 2016.

Jimsnchz said:
thehog said:
DanielSong39 said:

Cancellara at Muur
Link

Froome at Ventoux
Link

Froome and Porte at PSM
Link

Froome & Sagan split the peloton in 2016.

Tyler Hamilton, TDF 2003, Stage 16

Re:

DanielSong39 said:

Cancellara at .........

Froome at ........

So your conclusion is that if it was too much for motor/battery technology it came from inside the body of Floyd,
which you think is more likely.

Do you understand how illogical that is. Having lost the Jersey the day before, Floyd had a good night's rest and then came up with an extra 50-100 Watts for 2+ hours the next day. That concept is up there with "Tyler's phantom unborn twin" and Froome's "I just lost the fat (that cannot be seen in contemporary photos - but trust me - it was there)".

DanielSong39 said:
Alexandre B. said:
DanielSong39 said:
Alexandre B. said:

Bad weather made stage into a lottery. Given the road conditions it would be very dangerous to use a motor there. I lean more towards unbelievable doped performance.
Fulsang shielded Nibs from the worst that day - all the way to the finish

Freddythefrog said:
DanielSong39 said:

Cancellara at .........

Froome at ........

So your conclusion is that if it was too much for motor/battery technology it came from inside the body of Floyd,
which you think is more likely.

Do you understand how illogical that is. Having lost the Jersey the day before, Floyd had a good night's rest and then came up with an extra 50-100 Watts for 2+ hours the next day. That concept is up there with "Tyler's phantom unborn twin" and Froome's "I just lost the fat (that cannot be seen in contemporary photos - but trust me - it was there)".

Well, plus a good amount of testo ("whiskey"), and who know what else.
As far as I know (could be wrong), Landis has never given a full, credible account of what happened that night.

TRENDING THREADS