• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Murcia - Almeria - Jaen (February 10th, 11th & 12th)

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Tronchon says he also punctured and had to chase for 30 km. The group he was together with was too slow, so he closed the gap solo. 2nd place is alright, but would have prefered to win.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbOFhAgU3X8

So I think it's fair to say, that he is much better than Wout van Aert as well.
Would have preferred to win... then maybe not sit on the wheel the whole time?

What a great race, Clásica Jaén Paraíso ...loved the terrain ...need more races like this

Great win by Loskano ...a bit of a beast

Not sure what UAE were up to ..one minute there were a load of them next they were all gone except Wellens

Touchon should have pulled ...everyone knew for ages the Prunhomme was dropped so what was the point sitting on with a leader up the road they couldnt catch...could maybe have won if he had chased ?? but he is a giant

If Wout van Aert's punctures are anything to go by, Vingegaard should be shitting bricks for the gravel stage in the Tour
Wout made sure to clarify that it was a nail. Nothing to see here folks! Bad luck strikes everyone!

What I don't understand is how they reacted to this problem so poorly. Plenty of teammates still there with him when it happened and somehow they can't get a wheel from one of them in a reasonable amount of time and get their star rider back to the peloton with well over an hour left to race? Are you telling me disc brakes are actually worse for the demands of road racing? :eek:

Reactions: Sandisfan
What I don't understand is how they reacted to this problem so poorly. Plenty of teammates still there with him when it happened and somehow they can't get a wheel from one of them in a reasonable amount of time and get their star rider back to the peloton with well over an hour left to race? Are you telling me disc brakes are actually worse for the demands of road racing?

Danish commentators were questioning why he didn't just swap bikes with Hagenes, said the looked to be about the same size (according to PCS, Hagenes is 1.85m, and Van Aert is 1.90m, don't know how big a difference that is in terms of being able to ride the other's bike).