• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Music! What are you listening to now?

Page 190 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
It's taken a few listens as it isn't as immediate as Have One On Me (look, I know it's a triple album with songs averaging over 6 minutes, but it was clear from the first listen it was a masterpiece) but Joanna Newsom's "Divers" is spectacular. I wish there were more stripped back parts of the album though; the lush orchestration is great up to a point, but my favourite song of hers is Does Not Suffice, which has its beauty in its simplicity (and she doesn't even play the harp)...

I've just gotten home from seeing AC/DC (I know, a friend bought the tickets ok) supported by The Hives.

Good but not great for such a legendary band. Very formulaic, but well produced.

The Hives were great fun though! Pelle Armqvist is a funny guy with awesome stage presence. Did well to win a tough crowd

Re: Re:

Tricycle Rider said:
42x16ss said:
I've just gotten home from seeing AC/DC (I know, a friend bought the tickets ok) supported by The Hives.

Good but not great for such a legendary band. Very formulaic, but well produced.
:cool:

Was Angus Young still jumping around like a school boy? (I imagine at 60 he probably wasn't.)

And on that note ...

Let There Be Rock - AC/DC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTUgGPUrDpE
Yeah! He shared the stage as much as Brian Johnson. He's still got serious chops, Angus' playing is as slick as ever. Showing his age now though, there wasn't much left on top when his cap came off

Re:

42x16ss said:

The Hives were great fun though! Pelle Armqvist is a funny guy with awesome stage presence. Did well to win a tough crowd
In reality AC/DC are only one guitarist away from being a tribute band.
Would have liked to see The Hives though. :D

TRENDING THREADS