• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Music! What are you listening to now?

Page 25 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Currently trying to do some work, so I'm listening to a lot of Charlie Parker, Dizzie Gillespie, Oscar Peterson, Lester Young and many others

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Barrus said:
Currently trying to do some work, so I'm listening to a lot of Charlie Parker, Dizzie Gillespie, Oscar Peterson, Lester Young and many others

Nice selection...a great era in jazz.
I'm puttering around to Dizzy, Coltrane, Miles and Billie Holiday.

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Bike Opera said:
Nice selection...a great era in jazz.
I'm puttering around to Dizzy, Coltrane, Miles and Billie Holiday.

To be quite honest, I don't like Miles Davis that much, his early work is quite good, but later on, he's just lost to me.

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Barrus said:
To be quite honest, I don't like Miles Davis that much, his early work is quite good, but later on, he's just lost to me.
Yeah, I never got into Davis' electric jazz fusion music either. I prefer listening to his work from the bop/cool/modal period.

Listening now to Mean Old May by Jerry Lee Lewis, which we downloaded this morning. Lots of fun.

Like the Johnny Cash cds, it is fascinating to hear certain songs as sung by an old man -- Lewis' Sunday Morning Coming Down is fantastic, and a whole different perspective than a young Kris Kristoferson singing it.

Susan

The other one we downloaded was the new Clapton CD, called -- you'll never guess -- "Clapton".

Outstanding! Bluesy, sentimental...

Has anyone heard all of Phil Collins' latest? Like his version of Heat WAve, but we haven't yet decide whether to buy it or not. And I understand it hasn't been released in the US yet.

Susan

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
One of my old standby after-work wind-down CD's by Clannad. Currently it's on their 1980-something version of Coinleach Ghilas An Fhomair. No idea what the song says but it is one of the most roundly depressing sounding songs on the CD, or that I've ever heard for that matter. Ugh!