• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Music! What are you listening to now?

Page 356 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
How did I never know of this? They were on Sarah Records, and the band's frontman (as much as you can be a frontman in tweepop/shoegaze) went on to be a founder member of Slowdive. I love stuff like Another Sunny Day and the Field Mice, and I love stuff like My Bloody Valentine and Slowdive. How did this pass me by?

Kill The Lights - Alex Newell & DJ Cassidy with Nile Rodgers

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1P612HLe9o

I'm loving this disco vibe. Still am searching, and can't find, the song I had heard at the store while grocery shopping earlier today though, it had something to do with dancing all night to the radio. It sounded rather retro (thought it was The Clash, judging by the vocals), but which band didn't record a song that had something to do with dancing to the radio all night? So my search for that song that I had never heard before, but like, continues.

Last edited:
There's some really nice music in this thread. Do you have any recommendations for Spotify-Playlists? I like almost all genres (apart from minimal house) and all decades since the 50s, mostly emotional or dancable stuff (best with good or pleasant voices). I'm looking for some lists that introduce me to some lesser known songs or artists and that are not to tied to a single genre or theme.

There's some really nice music in this thread. Do you have any recommendations for Spotify-Playlists? I like almost all genres (apart from minimal house) and all decades since the 50s, mostly emotional or dancable stuff (best with good or pleasant voices). I'm looking for some lists that introduce me to some lesser known songs or artists and that are not to tied to a single genre or theme.
I have one large very general playlist (1000+ tracks), and a few smaller playlists distilled from the large one, with a more specific theme (funk, feel-good, dance...). I do not bother with AI generated playlists by Spotify. I could send you my "short" feel-good playlist, which has a lot of great mellow classy pop tunes you forgot existed (maybe from bands you couldn't remember the names of), and blast you back to the 70s or 80s. This playlist is only 90+ tracks. If you like that, you can check my other playlists as well.

I'm talking about artists like Hall & Oates, The Dooby Brothers, The Spinners, Steely Dan, George Benson, Chaka Khan, Marvin Gaye, Laid Back, Sade, ELO, Prince, Bill Withers... All top notch stuff to put a smile on your face.

Send me a PM if you are interested.

I will take this opportunity to spread some joy :cool: with a youtube vid. Unfortunately this artist isn't on Spotify. This is a track from an album released 11 months before Michael Jackson's (/Quincy Jones's) Thriller, to give you an idea about the timeframe. This guy made a lot of great tracks, but he isn't known in Europe (or i assume the US).

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3sU6DMzG1I

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS