• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Music! What are you listening to now?

Page 198 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Tricycle Rider said:

Abba were awesome. I'm way behind in this thread and am probably missing the joke. But Loverboy? Do you really enjoy "Working for the Weekend"?
Nothing about that song makes any sense whatsoever.
Working for the weekend to get a second chance?
Working for the weekend to find a new romance?
You want a piece of my heart, you better start from the start?
WTF are they talking about?

Re: Re:

the delgados said:
But Loverboy? Do you really enjoy "Working for the Weekend"?

I think this video will explain it better than I can. (Providing I linked it correctly.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zL8G5pBZ5CI

Re: Re:

Tricycle Rider said:
the delgados said:
But Loverboy? Do you really enjoy "Working for the Weekend"?

I think this video will explain it better than I can. (Providing I linked it correctly.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zL8G5pBZ5CI

Got it. Thanks!

Mar 19, 2016
Visit site
Only you by The Platters.
But I want to ask a question.Do you listen to music when you riding bike on road?Does it not safe?But continued to ride one hour make me feel bored?Did you have more safe plan?Sodcast or Bone Conduction Headset?

Palace Music - New Partner

Whichever pseudonym he was using, Will Oldham just had that stretch where he could do no wrong. Everything from '94's Days in the Wake (as Palace Brothers, and my personal favourite Oldham album despite its brevity and basicness) to 2001's Ease up the Road (the second Bonnie "Prince" Billy album) is awesome. He's not stopped being good since, just that that was a real period of greatness...

There is no joy sound here, mind.

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Leopold Godowsky - Passacaglia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0nlJXooIVc

I discovered this piece a few weeks ago and it still amazes me. I've never heard such complex counterpoint combined with melodies, harmonies and textures that are more like Romanticism. I wouldn't have thought it even it would be possible to employ such complex counterpoint in a Romantic style and still make it sound good if I hadn't heard it!

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Libertine Seguros said:
Palace Music - New Partner

Whichever pseudonym he was using, Will Oldham just had that stretch where he could do no wrong. Everything from '94's Days in the Wake (as Palace Brothers, and my personal favourite Oldham album despite its brevity and basicness) to 2001's Ease up the Road (the second Bonnie "Prince" Billy album) is awesome. He's not stopped being good since, just that that was a real period of greatness...

There is no joy sound here, mind.
seconded. the song you linked here is brilliant.

another one I love is "Horses", the slow version (there's a more upbeat blues version of it as well) from the singles compilation album Lost Blues & Other Songs (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3vzUSOmRkw)

May 26, 2015
Visit site
So I just watched a youtube playlist with the Red Hot Chilli Peppers live at Slane Castle, in Ireland.

Let me say the following: At that period, Flea was amazing, Chad a beast, John a God. Best concert ever in the history of the planet and the universe.