• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Music! What are you listening to now?

Page 372 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Listening to the radio Bon Jovi wasn't really my type of gig back in the 80s, but once I saw a rock-doc of them playing live on MTV I was sold!
That was probably their MTV special in 1992 maybe.
One of the only bands I can listen to every single album front to back, and yes they were far better live. Especially with the original 5 and the chemistry they all had together and with the audience. Their absolute peak was 1992-1997 tours with the early 1983-1985 showing their talent but as openers all over the world. Then still putting on a good show from 1986-1987 but the relentless touring they did for that tour (232 shows in 365 days plus all of the radio and tv appearances) completely killed Jon Bon Jovi’s voice and he had to take steroids to even try and finish. Then 1988-1991 were good with the first two years being better before again the relentless touring took a toll. From 1983-1991 I think they performed around 800-900 concerts, plus all of the tv and radio appearances to perform and interviews their manager had them do. Their manager and record company was running them to the bone which is what lead to them being fired.

Only other bands I can listen to the whole albums are Def Leppard’s (Pyromania-Adrenalize and Greatest Hits), GNR (Appetite for Destruction), Motley Crue ( Dr. Feelgood), Skid Row (Skid Row), Europe (The Final Countdown), Cinderella (Greatest Hits), Duran Duran (Greatest Hits), Van Halen (Van Halen and their Greatest Hits albums), Boston (Boston), No Doubt (Greatest Hits), and Genesis (Greatest Hits).

Reactions: Tricycle Rider
That was probably their MTV special in 1992 maybe.
One of the only bands I can listen to every single album front to back, and yes they were far better live. Especially with the original 5 and the chemistry they all had together and with the audience. Their absolute peak was 1992-1997 tours with the early 1983-1985 showing their talent but as openers all over the world. Then still putting on a good show from 1986-1987 but the relentless touring they did for that tour (232 shows in 365 days plus all of the radio and tv appearances) completely killed Jon Bon Jovi’s voice and he had to take steroids to even try and finish. Then 1988-1991 were good with the first two years being better before again the relentless touring took a toll. From 1983-1991 I think they performed around 800-900 concerts, plus all of the tv and radio appearances to perform and interviews their manager had them do. Their manager and record company was running them to the bone which is what lead to them being fired.

Only other bands I can listen to the whole albums are Def Leppard’s (Pyromania-Adrenalize and Greatest Hits), GNR (Appetite for Destruction), Motley Crue ( Dr. Feelgood), Skid Row (Skid Row), Europe (The Final Countdown), Cinderella (Greatest Hits), Duran Duran (Greatest Hits), Van Halen (Van Halen and their Greatest Hits albums), Boston (Boston), No Doubt (Greatest Hits), and Genesis (Gr alsoeatest Hits).
So what you are saying is you're quite the fan of Bon Jovi? :p

Love all your other mentions also, btw., rock on!

TRENDING THREADS