• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Music! What are you listening to now?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Rodrigo y Gabriela - Guitar instrumental duet is the best I can describe them...they do some amazing Metallica covers with just two flamenco guitars...great to ride to.

Keb' Mo - Blues. Turned on to him in Nashville. Haven't heard much from him lately but his stuff is amazing. Pretty mellow cool down stuff.

Anberlin and Rise Against - gets the blood boiling...great for mtb trails.

Dance/house/techno - it's pretty big over here and I admit to it growing on me steadily since I lived in Germany in the 90s...and it takes more and more of my IPODs space...still love Daft Punk :)

And I accidently discovered that I really enjoy climbing to old Rob Base, Young MC, MC Hammer (no kidding)...long story but it actually makes me smile while riding up a hill :D

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
flyor64 said:
Rodrigo y Gabriela - Guitar instrumental duet is the best I can describe them...they do some amazing Metallica covers with just two flamenco guitars...great to ride to.

instrumental flamenco/surf guitar
Chris Brian Gussa-Tales of the Flamenco Surfer/Days of the Long Board

My ipod is generally attached to me 90% of the time that I'm at work and all the time on my rides to and from work.

At this very moment it's playing Metallica and immediately before that was Beck. If I hit next track right now I get....

... Luna by the Smashing Pumpkins :)

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
flyor64 said:

I just checked them out and I love their music thanks for posting them:cool:

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
scribe said:
I was fortunate to have seen the real thing on the Master of Puppets tour.

That's cool. I'm one of those fans who has never seen them live...ugh

Metallica themselves were here last week, but sadly not amount of begging could score me reasonably priced tickets :(

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
flyor64 said:
That's cool. I'm one of those fans who has never seen them live...ugh

Metallica themselves were here last week, but sadly not amount of begging could score me reasonably priced tickets :(

It was months before Burton was killed. They have never been the same since. I have not cared for their music post-Master of Puppets. It turns out he was responsible for creating the highly technical assembly of power metal that they just haven't had since.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Amsterhammer said:
Most of us every day cycle to work Dutch folk tend to have music on when we pedal. I'm guessing that a fair number of you more serious cyclists (or joggers) here listen to music while you're training or just riding. So why not have a music topic where we post what we like, what we're listening to (doesn't exclusively have to be music for on the bike), and maybe turn someone else on to something cool or get turned on to something new?

Sounded like a good idea to me anyway. I'll start off with my main man (there's a really cool story behind this but I'll save it for when/if this topic takes off), Joe Bonamassa

I expect that most, if not all, of you will say, 'who'? He's a 31 year old blues rock guitarist who I think has the potential to become the 'Clapton' of his age, at least as far as reputation is concerned. Joe is awesomely talented, even if you're not a fan of the genre known as 'blues rock'. Joe inhabits the same world as people like Walter Trout, Sonny Landreth, the Allman Brothers, Warren Haynes (Govt. Mule), the late Stevie Ray Vaughan and many others. I urge you to check him out if you're at all a fan of this kind of music.

His website - http://www.jbonamassa.com/ has loads of samples and free music and there is tons of his stuff on youtube. I'll happily recommend songs to start with if anyone is interested.

I listen to Joe practically every day. I absolutely love his stuff! Discovering Joe's music changed my life. No ****. I also listen to Michael Burks, Bonnie Raitt, Dana Fuchs and many others whom none of you will have heard of!

But hey, whatever your taste, whatever you're listening to that you'd like to share because it's just so good, post it here and let's see where it takes us.

If you like Joe you should check out Eric Johnson, Derek Trucks, Jimmy
Herring, Matt Schofield, & Philip Sayce. Just to name a few.
There is a really good DVD of Joe playing at Pierre's in Ft. Wayne Indiana
can't remember what it is called but it is worth a watch.

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
The Best of Woodstock
Woodstock_music_festival_poster.jpg

TRENDING THREADS