• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

My Blood Values Then, and Now

blackcat said:
how does scientology reconcile that joe?

nice pic of Lyler Hamilton lolz
guy musta been on a $hitload of hormones to make himself into a horse, what is that greek mythological name for the half horse
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_PQKTRN9N-7s/SoslwT8P4uI/AAAAAAAAD7s/YPGtCQPmRR4/s1600-h/tyler.jpg

Dude, the scientology ad is just one served-up by Google. I was as surprised as you to see it pop up this morning when I posted my blood values. Perhaps a sign? ;) I'm Catholic, so as long as I sincerely confess all of my doping (which I already have) and don't do it again (which I won't), I'm ok. I think.

hmmmm. :confused:

joe_papp said:
I'm Catholic, so as long as I sincerely confess all of my doping (which I already have) and don't do it again (which I won't), I'm ok. I think.

Bless you my son :)

Some soccer teams have a priest bless them before they play... any cycling teams do this? (Italian?? or Spanish??)

Would this be considered performance enhancing ;)

Though I can't translate all of it, a quick study shows some startling numbers. I can only imagine how much of a difference it made both on the bike, and later, now, off.

Some photos of TH in 2008-2009 definitely show some peculiar appearance changes. Of course it may just be dehydration, sunburn, lack of shower, shave, etc. but with HGH and IGF-1 (and others) rampantly used...

Aug 30, 2009
Visit site
I hope you're feeling ok, but im not sure what this has to do with doping in professional cycling, you weren't relevant then, and you're not relevant now. We know there is cheating in cycling, this isn't helping it at all.

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
Freshprince said:
I hope you're feeling ok, but im not sure what this has to do with doping in professional cycling, you weren't relevant then, and you're not relevant now. We know there is cheating in cycling, this isn't helping it at all.

lance, is that you :rolleyes:

aye, shhh, keep the lid on it :rolleyes:

Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Freshprince said:

I don't agree with you at all. An understanding of long term health effects helps motivate people to actually clean up sport, instead of just trying to hide what is going on to present a marketable public image.

This post is both judgmental and stupid. Unless riders are supported when they talk about doping, very few will talk and the omerta will prevail. I suggest you reserve judgment until your integrity has been tested, the way riders are tested when they face the doping dilemma. Very few of us have to choose between sacrificing our careers, or doing what we think everyone else is doing to 'level the playing field' at such a young age.

Apr 11, 2009
Visit site
Joe, I notice there's a huge difference in your hemoglobin too before and after.

Vit B supplements might help with your blood values, at least red blood cells. I was low on vit. B because of avoidance of bread (wheat allergy).

Vit B's supplements seem to have done the trick and I think I climb better now partly as a result.

Fitness/recreational rider only, though.

Late addition: just thought, wow, maybe I'll make it on Garmin. Should try out. Hey, BlackCat, I'll be working for Wiggo next year avoiding my Wheaties, LOL. :D

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I Watch Cycling In July said:
I don't agree with you at all. An understanding of long term health effects helps motivate people to actually clean up sport, instead of just trying to hide what is going on to present a marketable public image.

This post is both judgmental and stupid. Unless riders are supported when they talk about doping, very few will talk and the omerta will prevail. I suggest you reserve judgment until your integrity has been tested, the way riders are tested when they face the doping dilemma. Very few of us have to choose between sacrificing our careers, or doing what we think everyone else is doing to 'level the playing field' at such a young age.

+1.... What can be more relevant in a doping discussion than first hand experience of the benefits and consequences of doping. Your first post on the forums Freshprince, and the most idiotic post yet! Congratulations!!

joe_papp - thanks for being so forthcoming with some pretty personal stuff. Very informative!

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Freshprince said:

Joe must be relevant as he has his own clueless hater stalkers.

A

Anonymous

I wish you all the best. As a former professional athlete (not cycling) I can recall a few times when I was tempted with additional "preparation". I was 18 and 19 at the time and what was offered was mild compared to what is going on in cycling today.

I'm curious. It appears as if the UCI has taken a position of "acceptable doping within the parameters of the passport". With microdosing, how do you see the risks being different from when you were fully charging? Obviously there is a huge performance benefit to blood doping... but how do you see the performance difference between doping 5 or 6 years ago and what's going on now?

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
scribe said:
The pot just called out the kettle.

As much as you wish I was wrong about what I post you know I am not. If you disagree provide something to back up your opinion.

Freshprince tries to dismiss Joe as "irrelevant" Here is Joe's Palmares from 2006. Hardly irrelevant.

1st Giro di Terra D'Otranto
1st GF Pinarello
1st KOM competition - GF Max Lelli, Italy
1st 2 Stages - International Presidency Tour of Turkey (UCI 2.2)
2nd G.F. Città di Ceriale, Italy
2nd Stage 2 - Tour of the South China Sea (UCI 2.2)
2nd Stage 13 - Vuelta a Cuba (UCI 2.2)
2nd Stage 6 - Tour of the South China Sea (UCI 2.2)
2nd Stage 5 - International Presidency Tour of Turkey (UCI 2.2)
2nd Stage 7 - Tour of the South China Sea (UCI 2.2)
2nd Points Classification - Tour of the South China Sea (UCI 2.2)
3rd Gran Fondo Valli Parmensi
3rd MF Portofino Kulm
3rd Stage 10 - Vuelta a Cuba (UCI 2.2)
4th G.F. Selle Italia Prestigio, Italy
4th Giro Valli dell' Alto Verbano
4th Stage 3 - International Presidency Tour of Turkey (UCI 2.2)
4th G.F. Umbria Verde, Italy
5th Stage 4 - Tour of the South China Sea (UCI 2.2)
5th Stage - Vuelta a Cuba (UCI 2.2)
5th Points Classification - Vuelta a Cuba (UCI 2.2)
6th Stage 2 - Volta de Ciclismo Internacional do Estado de São Paulo (UCI 2.2)
6th MLK Classic
7th GF Michele Bartoli
7th 5 Stages - Vuelta a Cuba (UCI 2.2)
8th Stage 3 - Tour of the South China Sea (UCI 2.2)
8th Stage - Vuelta a Cuba (UCI 2.2)
10th G.F. del Lambrusco Ceci, Italy
10th Stage - Vuelta a Cuba (UCI 2.2)
19th Final General Classification - Vuelta a Cuba (UCI 2.2)

Sure, you have may not have heard of some of the races, but I have and they are not a bunch of parking lot crits.

TRENDING THREADS