• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Mysteries in life that intrigue you?

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
1.Who was behind that stockade fence in Dallas on Nov.22 1963?
2.What really transpired at Roswell?
3.How were the great pyramids constructed?
Ponder,ponder,ponder people.No Ex-wife jokes allowed!:D

broken chain said:
1.Who was behind that stockade fence in Dallas on Nov.22 1963?
2.What really transpired at Roswell?
3.How were the great pyramids constructed?
Ponder,ponder,ponder people.No Ex-wife jokes allowed!:D

1) Nobody. There is no reasonable doubt that Oswald did not do it.
2) A crashed weather balloon.
3) Using basic ramps, levers, and winches.

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:

Bro, per 1) have you read Reclaiming History by Bugliosi? I agree with you.

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:

Holy smokes,you just solved everything in one post,how about health care?!

buckwheat said:
Bro, per 1) have you read Reclaiming History by Bugliosi? I agree with you.

1600 pages refuting nuts is a little much for me. I did read Posner's Case Closed. Bugliosi's book looked like the same thing, but even more thorough.

What is so devastating about books like those is that they give the facts that the conspiracy whackos never mention. It is the little details, like the employees of the book depository building were watching the motorcade from the fifth floor and they not only heard each shot from the floor above them but they could hear each ejected shell hit the floor, that add up to an irrefutable case against Oswald.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
I'm with Broken Chain. There are many mysteries that I would like to see answers to:

- How did the human race come to exist?
- What happened to the dinosaurs?
- What happened to the Mayan race?
- Who built the pyramids and how?
- Did Atlantis really exist?
- Are there aliens and is Rosewell/Hangar 51 real?
- What happened to the Flannan Isles lighthouse keepers?
- What happened to the 2000 people who suddenly disappeared from Lake Anjikuni?
- What happened to Sir John Franklin and the crews of Erebus and Terror?
- What happened to the crew of the Mary Celeste?
- What happened to the five US Navy Avenger planes that disappeared over the Bermuda Triangle?
- Where did Amelia Earhart crash her plane?
- What happened to the Air France plane that disappeared between Brazil and France in 2009?
- Who killed JFK? (Sorry, I am a skeptic and believe there is more to it than just Oswald)
- What happened to the three prisoners that escaped from Alcatraz?
- What happened to DB Cooper and the ransom money?
- Was Grand Duchess Anastasia Nikolaevna really killed?

And some Australian mysteries ...
- What happened to Ludwig Leichhardt, an Australian explorer?
- What happened to Charles Kingsford-Smith, famous Australian aviator?
- What happened to Prime Minister Harold Holt?
- Who killed the Beaumont children?
- What really happened to Azaria Chamberlain?

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
elapid said:
I'm with Broken Chain. There are many mysteries that I would like to see answers to:

- How did the human race come to exist?
- What happened to the dinosaurs?
- What happened to the Mayan race?
- Did Atlantis really exist?
- What happened to the Flannan Isles lighthouse keepers?
- What happened to the 2000 people who suddenly disappeared from Lake Anjikuni?
- What happened to Sir John Franklin and the crews of Erebus and Terror?
- What happened to the crew of the Mary Celeste?
- What happened to the five US Navy Avenger planes that disappeared over the Bermuda Triangle?
- Where did Amelia Earhart crash her plane?
- What happened to the Air France plane that disappeared between Brazil and France in 2009?
- Who killed JFK? (Sorry, I am a skeptic and believe there is more to it than just Oswald)
- What happened to the three prisoners that escaped from Alcatraz?
- What happened to DB Cooper and the ransom money?

Just be patient bro deal has ALL the answers:D;)

elapid said:

Just like evidence for evolution you can see the evidence of Egyptian pyramid development over the centuries, including one notable failure.

elapid said:

I am going with a big fat no. There are no aliens that visit Earth. There is no evidence to support it.

elapid said:

The Navy report is pretty convincing. The flight leader was confused about which islands he was flying over, which led to navigation errors.

elapid said:

Read Case Closed by Gerald Posner. It really is a simple case. The evidence is overwhelming, and there is no question Oswald did it. There is also zero credible evidence of a conspiracy. The conspiracy theories rely on omissions of evidence, distortions of evidence, and flat out lies woven together into fabrics that are easily torn apart with the actual facts. Vincent Bugliosi's book is so large (1600 pages with another 900 pages of footnotes in digital form) because he systematically destroys every conspiracy theory that has ever been given the remotest amount of credence. It is comprehensive.

elapid said:

All Romanovs are accounted for by DNA testing done this year.

elapid said:
Killed by dangerous australian wildlife.
elapid said:
elapid said:
elapid said:
elapid said:
I don't know who Azaria Chamberlain is, so I will have to go with the old standby: Killed by dangerous australian wildlife. Although it could have been a rogue ozone hole.

A

Anonymous

Why?

Why do we drive on the parkway, but park in the driveway? Ponder that.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the laugh, Bro. I needed that. I'll watch out for the Aussie wildlife next time I'm down there ... don't want to end up on my on mystery list!

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
scribe said:
Do you watch Mystery Quest and/or Monster Quest? It's pretty well done series.

I haven't watched the series, but I do get History channel so I'll check it out. Do they solve the mysteries or will I just be adding more to my list? :)

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Maybe not so much mysteries, but there are big holes that need to be filled in to complete the sequence.

Human existence - from the big bang theory to now. How did we develop from single cell organisms? Emerging evidence points away from an evolutionary link between humans and other primates like chimpanzees. So what is our evolutionary tree? The mystery for me is the huge gaps in this tree.

The pyramids may not be such a mystery, because it is generally regarded that non-mechanized humans could move 2 tonne blocks of stone. But for a period so richly documented, it is odd that there is no description of how the pyramids were actually built. I obviously don't buy the alien theory, but again there is just a hole there that bugs me. Maybe it was the Australian wildlife! :D

elapid said:
I haven't watched the series, but I do get History channel so I'll check it out. Do they solve the mysteries or will I just be adding more to my list? :)

The only good thing that can be said about Monster Quest is that it is much much better than UFO Hunters. Neither show solves jack squat. Monster Quest basically gives a summary of a legendary creature along with some very sketchy "evidence" pointing to its existence. Said evidence often consists of a redneck who might have seen it in between six packs.

UFO Hunters takes the cake when it comes to giving weight to the flimsiest of evidence while pretending the investigation is based on science. I thought TV had hit rock bottom until I recently caught an episode of Jesse Ventura's Conspiracy Theory.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
The only good thing that can be said about Monster Quest is that it is much much better than UFO Hunters. Neither show solves jack squat. Monster Quest basically gives a summary of a legendary creature along with some very sketchy "evidence" pointing to its existence. Said evidence often consists of a redneck who might have seen it in between six packs.

UFO Hunters takes the cake when it comes to giving weight to the flimsiest of evidence while pretending the investigation is based on science. I thought TV had hit rock bottom until I recently caught an episode of Jesse Ventura's Conspiracy Theory.

TV hit rock bottom for me with the emergence of reality TV. Now that's a mystery - how did such BS ever become so popular?

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
elapid said:
TV hit rock bottom for me with the emergence of reality TV. Now that's a mystery - how did such BS ever become so popular?

haha. It is basically 'In Search Of' on steroids with a little more drama. Reality TV has been around longer than we think. ;)

Stay away from Destination Truth. Awful.

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
elapid said:
elapid said:
Human existence - from the big bang theory to now. How did we develop from single cell organisms? Emerging evidence points away from an evolutionary link between humans and other primates like chimpanzees. So what is our evolutionary tree? The mystery for me is the huge gaps in this tree.
I thought the link between humans and other primates was still rather clear (not less clear than for example the link between bonobo & gorilla)? But indeed there are still some holes so be filled.

elapid said:
The pyramids may not be such a mystery, because it is generally regarded that non-mechanized humans could move 2 tonne blocks of stone. But for a period so richly documented, it is odd that there is no description of how the pyramids were actually built. I obviously don't buy the alien theory, but again there is just a hole there that bugs me. Maybe it was the Australian wildlife! :D
i'm not sure the egyptian period was so richly documented. The myths about gods, and political stories about kings&emperors were written down. But more common things like cooking techniques, or building techniques?
Stonehenge is much more of a mystery, i think.

TRENDING THREADS