• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Nacer Bouhanni

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

42x16ss said:
Tonton said:
staubsauger said:
If he signs with Lavenu and agrees on riding the Giro d'Italia there's still a resurrection on card!

Bouhanni isn't a worse sprinter than Viviani after all!
...but the problem is the hype and thinking that you made it to the top. Viviani will be smarter and understand that in the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed wins. But you're no Marcel. Bouhanni didn't get that.
Viviani is both a better sprinter and a better human than Bouhanni. The sooner Bouhanni is brought back to earth and learns his place the better he will become.

Hopefully a few years in the wilderness will do Bouhanni some good and Cofidis will not automatically receive two GT wildcards every year at the expense of better teams.

I don't think Cofidis constantly getting double GT wildards is so much because of Bouhanni as it's because Cofidis (the company) is

A: French
B: A sponsor of the Vuelta.

...in the kingdom of the blind...now he will think that he's back in business and won't listen to anybody.

This win may be the worst thing that happened to him. He needs jail time, bread and water (for a cyclist it's good :D ) and re-commit. Stop the diva stuff. He won against a bunch of average riders, with a perfect lead-out. It's far, far, far, from Cav' and the Renshaw slingshot.

Then 53rd? And Tocard, oops excuse me Coquard wins one.

We have only Nono. Pauvre France...

Tonton said:
...in the kingdom of the blind...now he will think that he's back in business and won't listen to anybody.

This win may be the worst thing that happened to him. He needs jail time, bread and water (for a cyclist it's good :D ) and re-commit. Stop the diva stuff. He won against a bunch of average riders, with a perfect lead-out. It's far, far, far, from Cav' and the Renshaw slingshot.

Show some faith. We have Sarreau. :D

5 victories in a month. (Points jerseys count :mad: ) Nacer Bouhanni is back :razz:

TDF here we come provided there are no late night punch-ups. Dunno if he is doing any one-day races first.

Kittel, Demare, Kristoff, Sagan and Co need to factor in the Nacer :exclaim:

RedheadDane said:
wirral said:
5 victories in a month. (Points jerseys count :mad: ) Nacer Bouhanni is back :razz:

TDF here we come provided there are no late night punch-ups. Dunno if he is doing any one-day races first.

If you're angry about it, why do you count them?

I'm guessing a previous argument has been had and the poster is expressing that they are angry with the people who disagree.

RedheadDane said:
wirral said:

If you're angry about it, why do you count them?

It was pre-emptive anger suppressing any opposition :lol:

as in Points Jerseys count :mad: because I say so. (I really think they should. They're cool and under-rated and Nacer needs all the victories he can muster)

Nacer continues to win despite his own team trying to stop him. :lol:

The guy is a beast. Can't wait for the Tour. They'll need 2 breakfast tables though and dinner tables for that matter. Cedric Vasseur has sure lived up to his word and got the team really fired up. Trouble is the whole thing may explode. :D

So at Occitanie, after being asked to leadout Laporte, saying he'd do it, he then ignored it and sprinted for himself. Vasseur confirmed that happened.
Now it's being said on twitter - and I don't know if it's true - that he was asked to make up for it by working for Laporte at the nationals. And the same happened again.

That's being given as the reason for leaving him at home.

In any case, it's clear there's a major "locker room" problem there between management and a rider on a huge salary with 18 months left on his contract

I hope he refuses to leave for anything less than his current salary. Let Cofidis top up whatever another team will pay.

Since he signed with Cofidis, he has 34 wins in three and a half seasons. His lowest number of wins in a year is 7. He has 5 wins already this year. His production is the same as it ever was. It’s what it was when they signed him. It’s what it was when they extended his contract. They are entitled to decide that he isn’t up to winning at the Tour, the most important thing for them. He is entitled to take their ridiculous money.

Absolutely. A contract is a contract. They agreed to pay him a certain amount for a certain time. And I'm sure in the contract he only agrees to be a rider for the team, not to follow orders.

Still, he's not doing himself any favors.

It just adds to Cofidis' long standing reputation of a poorly managed team where good riders regress in ability

jaylew said:
Jspear said:
jmdirt said:
...and Bouh is staying home from the TdF '18! Vasseur doesn't think that NB can win a sprint or help the team elsewhere.

He's got a fair chance. He was coming into form at the perfect time. I hope they win nothing at the Tour.
I'm sure they won't. What a joke of a team.
Is the disruption worth it? Bouhanni is a ticking time bomb, if he explodes and unites his teammates against him, what’s the point? Good choice by Cofidis IMO.

Better off targeting the breakaway.

Alexandre B. said:
Tonton said:

Show some faith. We have Sarreau. :D
I like Sarreau :) .

For Nacer...dead last today, penalized for arguing with his DS and punching the team car... :confused:

The end...Nacer and his thread will soon be a distant memory.

For Nacer...dead last today, penalized for arguing with his DS and punching the team car... :confused:

8 minutes behind everyone else - thought it strange. Penalized by his team, I assume? At least he's hitting inanimate objects now and not people.

The Bouhanni Story may well have some twists and turns left in it.

I think As misunderstood the Jury Communique, to be honest. Or is there a proper source for this punshing thing?

The penalties in the communique are for "pushing off the car" ("Empujes contra un vehículo"), not punshing it, and sticky bottles, as far as I can see

Re:

search said:
I think As misunderstood the Jury Communique, to be honest. Or is there a proper source for this punshing thing?

The penalties in the communique are for "pushing off the car" ("Empujes contra un vehículo"), not punshing it, and sticky bottles, as far as I can see
Read the communique as well and I agree with you. Empujes are clearly pushes not punches, and the other infraction is "behavior between rider and DS that damages cycling". Could be anything but is usually used for sticky bottles indeed, and the DS is penalized as well for a 1st and 2nd infraction which would be strange if it was Nacer doing the punching and cursing.

yes, it's also pretty clear looking at the paragraphs he was punished for. From the UCI rules:

12.1.040.11.1.2: Pushing off against car, motorcycle, rider

12.1.040.37bis: Mechanical assistance, refreshments and behaviour of a team manager and/or a rider which damages the image of cycling (For instance: «sticky bidons», mechanical check not properly done when stationary, etc.)