• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Nairo Quintana discussion thread

Page 146 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Valv.Piti said:
CheckMyPecs said:
sir fly said:
Route du Sud live from Thursday on ES.
Who else is participating?
Foliforov, Sepulveda and Caja Rural who always sends a good team, but many teams aren't confirmed at all.
There won't be some big showdown... Just to see how Quintana's doing.
Also, some brave opportunist might take the overall if he's on a good day in the Pyrenees. I doubt Movistar and Quintana will bury themselves to win the race.

ILovecycling said:
Valv.Piti said:
BlurryVII said:
It's down to how much of a Quintana fan you are. Probably not as passionate about your rider as I am. I'm at a stage where I don't care if the race's dull, only want Contador to win.

It's like hardcore football fans, they don't care if their team is boring and pulls the Catenaccio every match, as long as they win the Champion's league or world cup.
No, Im definitely not, but I'd like to think Im up there. I don't think many are as passioned as you, probably none at this forum at least.
I've just **** put a huge poster up on my wall from a tour magazine on my wall, written Sueño Amarillo at it and circled Arcalis, Ventoux and Emosson. :D Go go.
Pls post a picture in Nairo thread :D
Screw it, you can get it here.
34t99i1.jpg

... and a picture I took 1 week ago since it seems in to post riders in not too much clothes. How's my veins looking, am I too skinny or do I need to lift more? Only 2 weeks to go. :D
2ivhdz8.jpg

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site

Valv.Piti said:
ILovecycling said:
Valv.Piti said:
BlurryVII said:
It's down to how much of a Quintana fan you are. Probably not as passionate about your rider as I am. I'm at a stage where I don't care if the race's dull, only want Contador to win.

It's like hardcore football fans, they don't care if their team is boring and pulls the Catenaccio every match, as long as they win the Champion's league or world cup.
No, Im definitely not, but I'd like to think Im up there. I don't think many are as passioned as you, probably none at this forum at least.
I've just **** put a huge poster up on my wall from a tour magazine on my wall, written Sueño Amarillo at it and circled Arcalis, Ventoux and Emosson. :D Go go.
Pls post a picture in Nairo thread :D
Screw it, you can get it here.
34t99i1.jpg

... and a picture I took 1 week ago since it seems in to post riders in not too much clothes. How's my veins looking, am I too skinny or do I need to lift more? Only 2 weeks to go. :D
2ivhdz8.jpg
*** I thought I had a good body for climbing :D

Nice poster :cool:

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Carols said:
Isn't there a betting thread? Every rider thread doesn't require knowing who bet, how much etc.
Firstly,that thread is pretty inactive and I think that few posts dont bother anybody that much Carols.Secondly,we should not bound ourselves by the rules so much imo (CN is restricted to much imho)

@Flo you really expected him to win today? :eek: :)

I did not.

Flamin said:
ILovecycling said:
Carols said:
Isn't there a betting thread? Every rider thread doesn't require knowing who bet, how much etc.
Firstly,that thread is pretty inactive.

Which is a shame. Maybe/hooefully it could be restored a bit, during the Tour or so. I'm in :)
I've had a betting thread for 2 months over on another site, dno if I will be posting both places, but it could definitely be fun. Anyways, enough of this nonsense here.

Looking super much forward to tomorrow. Movistar has a very good squad, so heres how it will go down: control Tourmlalet, the penultimate climb and set Nairo up for an attack on the last climb in the bottom 5 kilometres to go. Hopefully with his brotha.

Really impressive showing from Quintana. Nothing out of this world, surely, but considering his improvement, comparing with the previous years and looking at his motivation - he's no lesser favourite for the Tour than Froome and Contador. I'd dare to say he'll be the man to beat next month.

We'll see what kind of test he'll do tomorrow. Yesterday it was the breakaway, today the tt and only a long uphill effort is missing to complete the test battery.