Nairo Quintana discussion thread

Page 336 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Escarabajo said:
Valv.Piti said:
Escarabajo said:
RedheadDane said:
Gossip time:
Just heard that according to Matt Rendall, every time Unzue enters a room, Quintana leaves.
Who is Matt Rendall?
A journalist who basically is an expert on Colombian cycling. Actually pretty surprised you didnt know that lol
I didn't know. :eek:
He's the author of The death of Marco Pantani , which was the template for the 2014 movie as well!

Looked good on the climb

He's come to race by the looks of things

Nairo Quintana
16/1
Outright Betting - Vuelta a Espana - Outright Betting

STARTING SOON

Stake£63.00
Potential Returns
£1,071.00

despite what folks say about him, despite all the criticism - some fair, some uncalled for - Nairo always get a stage win, and today's was quite brilliant. I believe he's got a good chance at winning La Vuelta, or worse case a podium spot.

Yes I agree with the above, a Tour-Vuelta double is fine for him, but he cannot afford a bad day in the mountains.
I think the TT stage is the key one for him. With eight finishes on climbs Quintana might not even have to be at his best to win the race. Roglic seemed to be struggling a bit at the end of the stage, maybe the after effects of his crash or maybe just the aggressive start to the race he wasn't expecting. probably more about how much Roglic can improve as the race goes on. Roglic doesn't want to be doing too much in the first half of the race.

I think the TT stage is the key one for him. With eight finishes on climbs Quintana might not even have to be at his best to win the race. Roglic seemed to be struggling a bit at the end of the stage, maybe the after effects of his crash or maybe just the aggressive start to the race he wasn't expecting. probably more about how much Roglic can improve as the race goes on. Roglic doesn't want to be doing too much in the first half of the race.
Except he's not as good of a climber as he used to be and he does lose time on climbs when he's not on perfect form now.

ASK THE COMMUNITY