• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Nairo Quintana discussion thread

Page 336 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Escarabajo said:
Valv.Piti said:
Escarabajo said:
RedheadDane said:
Gossip time:
Just heard that according to Matt Rendall, every time Unzue enters a room, Quintana leaves.
Who is Matt Rendall?
A journalist who basically is an expert on Colombian cycling. Actually pretty surprised you didnt know that lol
I didn't know. :eek:
He's the author of The death of Marco Pantani , which was the template for the 2014 movie as well!

Re: Re:

Escarabajo said:
Valv.Piti said:
Escarabajo said:
RedheadDane said:
Gossip time:
Just heard that according to Matt Rendall, every time Unzue enters a room, Quintana leaves.
Who is Matt Rendall?
A journalist who basically is an expert on Colombian cycling. Actually pretty surprised you didnt know that lol
I didn't know. :eek:

41ZT3C13X6L._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Yes I agree with the above, a Tour-Vuelta double is fine for him, but he cannot afford a bad day in the mountains.

I think the TT stage is the key one for him. With eight finishes on climbs Quintana might not even have to be at his best to win the race. Roglic seemed to be struggling a bit at the end of the stage, maybe the after effects of his crash or maybe just the aggressive start to the race he wasn't expecting. probably more about how much Roglic can improve as the race goes on. Roglic doesn't want to be doing too much in the first half of the race.

I think the TT stage is the key one for him. With eight finishes on climbs Quintana might not even have to be at his best to win the race. Roglic seemed to be struggling a bit at the end of the stage, maybe the after effects of his crash or maybe just the aggressive start to the race he wasn't expecting. probably more about how much Roglic can improve as the race goes on. Roglic doesn't want to be doing too much in the first half of the race.

Except he's not as good of a climber as he used to be and he does lose time on climbs when he's not on perfect form now.

Except he's not as good of a climber as he used to be and he does lose time on climbs when he's not on perfect form now.
Well....he def can still climb...remember that win in the TdF this year?
Now...if he is in a position in which he can reach the podium or win it, i don't see him laying it all out in one stage just to lose time in the next one, he might be more conservative.
I want to believe but I think Roglic and even MAL might get the better of him in this Vuelta (to be fair even Uran is quietly dangerous...he can TT well once in a while)

Well....he def can still climb...remember that win in the TdF this year?
Now...if he is in a position in which he can reach the podium or win it, i don't see him laying it all out in one stage just to lose time in the next one, he might be more conservative.
I want to believe but I think Roglic and even MAL might get the better of him in this Vuelta (to be fair even Uran is quietly dangerous...he can TT well once in a while)

Remember him getting dropped on the Tourmalet? It's unlikely he finishes on the podium and he will lose a decent amount of time to both Roglic and Uran in the ITT. After today I put Roglic as the favorite as long as his team isn't too injured from the TTT.

TRENDING THREADS