• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Nairo Quintana discussion thread

Page 42 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Because I am ****ed off that why. He was going to win anyway but this was just ridiculous and it makes me very sad.

So you were mad when Contador kept riding when andy dropped his chain?

I'm 100% sure your beloved AC would do the same **** :eek:

Miburo said:
So you were mad when Contador kept riding when andy dropped his chain?

I was, but this thread isn't about Contador.

I'm 100% sure your beloved AC would do the same **** :eek:

Nah he would have been in Majka's/Aru's/Uran's/Evans' position certainly

Just to clarify I am not mad at Quintana. I am mad at RCS, and for that reason I can't be happy for Nairo's win. This stage has ruined the entire race.

Quintana was going to win anyway, but this leaves a bad taste in my mouth.:(

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
I was, but this thread isn't about Contador.

Nah he would have been in Majka's/Aru's/Uran's/Evans' position certainly

Just to clarify I am not mad at Quintana. I am mad at RCS, and for that reason I can't be happy for Nairo's win. This stage has ruined the entire race.

Quintana was going to win anyway, but this leaves a bad taste in my mouth.:(

A bit over the top to have something like this ruin the entire race for you IMHO. But I get what your saying.

I'd advise just trying to enjoy what you can of it from here on out, enjoy the attacks, solo attempts, breakaways, etc.

Afrank said:
A bit over the top to have something like this ruin the entire race for you IMHO. But I get what your saying.

I'd advise just trying to enjoy what you can of it from here on out, enjoy the attacks, solo attempts, breakaways, etc.

Hmm.... I guess I could do that. It's not like I dislike Quintana anyway, it's just this stage that was so messed up.

Afrank said:
Same here.

Dominance does suck...except when it's from a rider I like. :D

I think half the posters on this forum should be required to use this as their signature. From Paris-Roubaix to one of the breakaways a few days ago in the Giro, so many people repeat the "undeserving" or "bad win" refrain simply because a race didn't go how they wanted it to.

This isn't happening right now with LaFlo and Miburo--definitely not trying to give that impression--but it does happen all the time on this forum.

mr. tibbs said:
I think half the posters on this forum should be required to use this as their signature. From Paris-Roubaix to one of the breakaways a few days ago in the Giro, so many people repeat the "undeserving" or "bad win" refrain simply because a race didn't go how they wanted it to.

This isn't happening right now with LaFlo and Miburo--definitely not trying to give that impression--but it does happen all the time on this forum.

I do that a lot :p

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Miburo said:
Anyway Quintana pretty much made the giro boring now. This race is over, kinda sucks.

for the first place maybe, but there is still much fighting for the second and third place. It will be interesting to see if Uran can hang on, my prediction is NO.:eek:

maxmartin said:
for the first place maybe, but there is still much fighting for the second and third place. It will be interesting to see if Uran can hang on, my prediction is NO.:eek:

This reminds me of last year's Tour, when people said - battle for first place is over, but X, Y and Z is still very exciting! :eek: The overall win is what it's all about, with that decided, the race is pretty much over.

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Regardless of the descent "controversy", Quintana has put 2+ minutes into the group on the climb.
That's a performance head and shoulders above the others. And it promises at least one more stage victory for him.

LaFlorecita said:
Implications?

And thanks for calling me conflicted, that means a lot to me :)

I probably posted too quickly without fully understanding what was the meaning of your post. I apologize. :(

I take it you can't enjoy Quintana's win due to the confusion over the neutralized descent? It was up to his rvals to shadow him but they either chose not to or just didn't have the legs to follow.

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Quintana, Hesjedal and Rolland took the risk of wasting energy in a neutralized descent, Uran and the other GC men naively took the risk of letting a few overall threats slip away.

It's somewhat like Contador's ride to Fuente Dé, that is taking advantage of the gullibility of your opponents.

TRENDING THREADS