• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Nairo Quintana discussion thread

Page 363 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Let us hope so. This attacking Quintana is great to watch.

FLfFHSMWUAYyYJb

Last edited:
Nairoman is a fu**ing legend. I mean, how old is he? 50? Valverde still has a long way to go.

I thought the same… Imagine a bike racer going for the win in TdF: Davide Rebellin’s body and legs, and Nairo‘s face. Imagine Pogacar telling his DS after the hardest MTF: „Have I just been beaten by a 65-year old?!“…

:) lol

Nairo really is a legend. Such a pleasure to watch…

I thought the same… Imagine a bike racer going for the win in TdF: Davide Rebellin’s body and legs, and Nairo‘s face. Imagine Pogacar telling his DS after the hardest MTF: „Have I just been beaten by a 65-year old?!“…

:)lol

Nairo really is a legend. Such a pleasure to watch…

I regret that Nairo has never won the Tour. Then again, maybe this year? Pog will crack (like an egg) on high-altitude Granon and Rog will fly somewhere again.

Last edited:

:)lol

And then the big issue would still be the fact that Quintana and Rebellin had learned the Fusion Dance!

If you think about it is not that weird that he is in good form early in the season or has been for many years.

He has probably spent time in Colombia during the off-season and at altitude. Then coming to Europe for the first few races. Getting a bit of a head-start, until it evens out a bit.

Sure other teams and riders does a couple of altitude camps in the off-season as well, but they are not at altitude for months like the Colombians in the off-season They seem to be doing quite well in the beginning of the season and has been, if you go back in the past few seasons and right now in other races. Not just Quintana.

Quintana again showing the move from Movistar was in his best interest and that he can have the form he was showing in 2020 before the crash! I think I would prefer him doing Giro and Vuelta vs stages and KOM at Tour then Vuelta. He could potentially get a high placing and maybe even win in the others.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Quintana again showing the move from Movistar was in his best interest and that he can have the form he was showing in 2020 before the crash! I think I would prefer him doing Giro and Vuelta vs stages and KOM at Tour then Vuelta. He could potentially get a high placing and maybe even win in the others.

Don't underestimate the Chameleon. The Tour has plenty of mountains and not large amount of TT-ing. If he is in form he's a legit podium contender there.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS