• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Nathan Van Hooydonck (Jumbo Visma)

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sporting wise for Jumbo Visma, this unfortunate event happened at a fortunate time. They have a surplus of rouleurs for stage races, and with Jorgenson joining and Tratnik mostly not used yet in the Flemish classics, they also won’t have a big gap there. So I guess it won’t influence this transfer window much.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Eriksen I think has an implanted defibrillator rather than a pacemaker.

If they decide Nathan needs an ICD I don't think he'll return to cycling.

As someone who has suffered a cardiac arrest himself. I was shocked (as it were!) that Eriksen was able to resume high-level athletics. His doctors must have been convinced it was a one-time thing. Cardiac arrest can have many causes; some require relatively easy interventions but others are likely to repeat; hence need for ICD or a change in lifestyle.
Thanks for your insight, and sorry to hear you’ve had to go through that.

Sporting wise for Jumbo Visma, this unfortunate event happened at a fortunate time. They have a surplus of rouleurs for stage races, and with Jorgenson joining and Tratnik mostly not used yet in the Flemish classics, they also won’t have a big gap there. So I guess it won’t influence this transfer window much.
Dunno. Van Hooydonck was a very strong and very loyal domestique. Not just doing lots of dirty work, but also initiating attacks. Jumbo is going to miss him somehow.

Dunno. Van Hooydonck was a very strong and very loyal domestique. Not just doing lots of dirty work, but also initiating attacks. Jumbo is going to miss him somehow.
Of course. But Jorgenson is already on his way, and before this season they got Van Baarle and Tratnik. So if they had to lose him out of nowhere, now is the least bad moment for that to happen.

A little bit of happiness:

24532756-.jpg

(I'm assuming it's because I got the picture from a Danish article that it appears he suddenly learned Danish.)