• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

National Championships 2013

Page 28 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Awsome ride by Hushovd today, going solo and working so hard for almost 25 km alone in front of the break and then the peleton. Congratulations.

Afrank said:
Nice win for Hushovd. :)

Gilbert can only manage 6th in Belgium while Hushovd wins solo in Norway. I wonder what BMC management is thinking now. :D
I reckon they know the difference between the Norwegian nats and the Belgian nats.

Gilbert wasn't great today, but not bad either. And let's be honest, Hushovd hasn't had the kind of season that merits a Tour selection.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
theyoungest said:
I reckon they know the difference between the Norwegian nats and the Belgian nats.

Gilbert wasn't great today, but not bad either. And let's be honest, Hushovd hasn't had the kind of season that merits a Tour selection.

Well neither has Gilbert really. They've both been crap this season. But 25 km solo and holding on for the win is an impressive performance. Don't know exactly what happened in the Belgian RR though, will have to watch highlights later.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
The curse of Rabo continues with Blanco - Gesink fell off his bike at the start and has bruised ribs - neither he nor Mollema finished the race.

*facepalm*