National Football League

Page 542 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Honestly I think it’d be funny if Rodgers went to the Bucs and brings Adams with him. They would still have Evans, maybe Godwin and Gronk depending on if one leaves to gain more money and the other retires. Decent-good special teams and defense. Rodgers would definitely get along with Arians excluding if Arians calls him out in the media. Pick on a weaker division, get out of the cold, and plays GB, KC, SEA, and SF so he can get some revenge. The only issue is if he doesn’t throw to the other talent TB has.

Yes Alpe...if you are in the valley,please go to Matt's Pizzeria Blanco or La Fonda Del Sol( Scottsdale& Shea) and report back about how it improved your life!!!
I'm up in snowy Flagstaff, been riding in Sedona. I love the techy rocks and beauty there (recall I lived in NE with all its roots, and rocks, less scenery). I ended up thrashing a rear Hope hub, and am hoping the LBS can help. Otherwise, more hiking.

I have twice been down in the valley in recent weeks. The open trails there aren't as challenging, but they are such a nice break from the rocks up here. You can just pile up the miles places like Browns, McDowell, Sonoran Preserve, and get a real aerobic workout. Next time I go down there I'll check one, or both out. Should be at least once more before I move north. Just remember, I lived near New Haven, CT, and have been to Little Italy in NYC, where pizza places have guys working there who went straight from the boat to the restaurant, and speak only Italian. So my:pizza: standards may be pretty high. :sunglasses:

Edit: I already know almost ALL Mexican food here blows everything completely out of the water in the Northeast, or Northwest, or damn near everywhere else for that matter!

Last edited:
Reactions: jmdirt
Didn't I post a pretty similar thought a few days ago? Wondering why on earth Rodgers would want to play in the same division as Mahomes? Maybe Dan Orlovsky reads this thread. :)

He focuses on QB's, but I also focused on the division and conference. If Rodgers wants to win, GB is his best shot. Sure, Denver has talent. But GB has more, now. Plus in a division with two new opposing HC's, maybe new QB's, and the rebuilding Lions. Compare that to having to play KC, LAC, and LV twice each.

I'll say what I did before, TB is a better fit. Easier division, pretty complete team, great coach, anti-vax governor. https://sportsnaut.com/aaron-rodgers-trade-tampa-bay-buccaneers-evaluation/
One or two good throws in the second half would have won GB Bay the game against the 49ers but Rodgers couldn't manage it. He has to be disappointed again and says he wants to keep playing. Denver seems to be QB hell in recent times, I think Rodgers probably stays put but what GB really think of Love is the question..........it certainly doesn't look like a Lance or Mahomes situation where there was confidence about the younger QB taking over and even Lance is still rough around the edges and why wouldn't he be ? Anyone who follows Brady will be under massive scrutiny but it looks a better fit for Rodgers than for someone like Jimmy G although there has to be doubt about GB trading Rodgers to another NFC team.

Last edited:
Man that's weak, pathetic.
I’d believe this could be possible for him but it doesn’t help that he then said he took the money. He did say after he was hired that the only reason he took it is so other teams wouldn’t interview him to meet the Rooney Rule and giving others a chance. Even if he went to the league about it. Thought the four year plan didn’t workout for them. For Flores he is risking a lot if he didn’t have proof of everything or to help his case. I wouldn’t be surprised if the NFL and the owners try to settle out of court if it isn’t rolling their way. Then the owners could, and should if true, lose their ownership. Ross especially with the potential fixing and tampering. They would absolutely not want out that their owners were potentially 100% trying to throw games. I also think Belichick knew who he was texting to just warn Flores ahead of time that he is wasting his time. I wonder how many more coaches will join them.

Terrible thing to overshadow the Super Bowl. It is even crazier to me that Flores notified multiple teams he was filing a lawsuit and nothing was reported on it but we get Brady’s early retirement news. Then on that it’s even crazier with multiple people saying it was him that they wanted, he was in the area, and a article for a Miami writer that said the Dolphins were looking at him heavily and this is why he retired.

For the Rooney Rule I think it is something good to have but I can see why individuals call it racist in that some could just interview you because of your skin color to check a box.

Flores hopefully gets another coaching job as he is a good coach and he said he interviewed with Texans and Saints. I think it’s crazy that someone like McDaniels gets a job over other coaches when he was caught for cheating and then completely flaked on the Colts.

I'm up in snowy Flagstaff, been riding in Sedona. I love the techy rocks and beauty there (recall I lived in NE with all its roots, and rocks, less scenery). I ended up thrashing a rear Hope hub, and am hoping the LBS can help. Otherwise, more hiking.

I have twice been down in the valley in recent weeks. The open trails there aren't as challenging, but they are such a nice break from the rocks up here. You can just pile up the miles places like Browns, McDowell, Sonoran Preserve, and get a real aerobic workout. Next time I go down there I'll check one, or both out. Should be at least once more before I move north. Just remember, I lived near New Haven, CT, and have been to Little Italy in NYC, where pizza places have guys working there who went straight from the boat to the restaurant, and speak only Italian. So my:pizza: standards may be pretty high. :sunglasses:

Edit: I already know almost ALL Mexican food here blows everything completely out of the water in the Northeast, or Northwest, or damn near everywhere else for that matter!
Black Canyon is fun.

I was trying to get the money together in the late '90s to buy a place in Fountain Hills.

Jags hire Doug Pederson.
I think this is about the best they could have hoped for, and it may turn out well. The positives are his experience should lend some discipline to a team that's a total mess. I also presume, hope for their sake, he'll have the backbone to stand up to Trent Balke, and hopefully did in interviews. And the elephant in the room is his QB experience. Lawerence could really grow under him, and he could also take some of the weight off Trevor's shoulders, allowing a good couple years for him to develop.
I also think Belichick knew who he was texting to just warn Flores ahead of time that he is wasting his time. I wonder how many more coaches will join them.
I wondered that too. That seemed like a really (convenient?) sloppy thing for someone as savvy and deep of planner as Belicheck to carelessly do.
For the Rooney Rule I think it is something good to have but I can see why individuals call it racist in that some could just interview you because of your skin color to check a box.
I'm sure that happens too.
Flores hopefully gets another coaching job as he is a good coach and he said he interviewed with Texans and Saints.
I said before, I'm worried he's viewed as bitter, and toxic, and won't get hired because of that more than anything. He likely spoke mostly the truth, whether he can prove that or not. But I also think some of the talk about how abrasive he was, how Tua could barely work with him, same with other players, then this, it has to hurt his chances at an HC job. It almost would have made more sense, more security as well for him if he went through the interviews for HC, and if he didn't get any of those, look to college or for a DC job, then spill his guts. I'm sure he has enough money, but he may end up with no foundation to forward his career on. I hope that makes sense.
I think it’s crazy that someone like McDaniels gets a job over other coaches when he was caught for cheating and then completely flaked on the Colts.
Two thoughts on that. First is that it's likely all about winning. Recall the Colts were okay losing Josh as it had been neck and neck with him and Reich the entire time, and quickly offering the job to Reich worked well for them. I imagine with the Raiders Mark Davis sees the Ziegler-McDaniels a more cohesive chance to succeed than the Gruden-Maycock mess. Though we'll never know what Ziegler thought of Bisaccia, or if that topic ever really came up. Things happen sooner in the NFL than people find out, so it's possible as soon as Davis thought he could get both Ziegler and McDaniels, he had lawyers draw up contracts one after another. But who knows?

Which cheating are you talking about? The time Steve Scarnecchia filmed the 49ers walkthrough in London, when no other Broncos were in the entire stadium? He admitted he acted alone, and later presented McDaniels with the video, but Josh declined to even view it. There was almost no evidence beyond there, and the league's independent investigation said McDaniels knew nothing of it, other than Scarnecchia mentioning it. The fines were minimal. And this happened over twelve years ago!

Or are you blaming Josh for Spygate, or Deflategate? The latter was one of the biggest jokes in NFL history.

Finally, with Flores state of mind, and what his players say, I'm not sure he'd be a better coach than McDaniels. He did put together a solid team with some good wins, especially late in the season. But that good will didn't last long from those around him. So I'm not sure.

Surprised that Baalke retained his job at the Jags. Don't ask 49ers players and staff about Baalke. For instance Chip Kelly wanted to draft Dak Prescott in 2016 and Baalke put the kybosh on it. Dak didn't get picked up early so the pick was there to be had but the 49ers were picking early anyway that year. if they had drafted Prescott the entire QB saga the 49ers had with Hoyer,Jimmy G, Beathard and Mullens could have been avoided and it may have cost them a SB. Instead, Baalke had Kelly on a short leash in his one season there and according to Kelly after he was canned, he said that Baalke was actively working against him behind the scenes but luckily for the 49ersJed York the owner had seen enough and Baalke was canned as well and York decided to try two untested head coach/Gm's in Shanahan and Lynch. The drafting improved although the 49ers missed badly with a few early picks but it got better, Baalke was usually pretty clueless with the draft.Kittle was a great pick up in the 5th round by Kyle and Lynch, reportedly snatched away from the Hawks at the last minute.

49ers also just hired Anthony Lynn as the assistant head coach.

Last edited:
I mean his time in Denver. Fans aside, there have been multiple NFL personnel questioning NE and cheating. Yes, he didn’t use it but then never reported it either. Spygate was even further back and people still bring it up for Belichick. Bounty Gate was further back and they still bring it up for Payton. Will it affect either getting a job, no. But McDaniels doesn’t have their track record. Out of the recent coaches from BB tree I think he is the more relaxed one. Then I definitely think he’s better than the rumored replacements for him if O’Brian and Gase.

I mean his time in Denver. Fans aside, there have been multiple NFL personnel questioning NE and cheating. Yes, he didn’t use it but then never reported it either. Spygate was even further back and people still bring it up for Belichick. Bounty Gate was further back and they still bring it up for Payton. Will it affect either getting a job, no. But McDaniels doesn’t have their track record. Out of the recent coaches from BB tree I think he is the more relaxed one. Then I definitely think he’s better than the rumored replacements for him if O’Brian and Gase.
I accept this..but I am over the top curios about how Belichick is part of a text chain about who is hired,fired or interviewed by other teams?I remember not so many years ago that the owners looked to be colluding against a guy..
how is it that Belichick could be so in the know about this subject? Just weird the whole story

Then I definitely think [McDaniel's is] better than the rumored replacements for him if O’Brian and Gase.
O'Brien may have been okay. Gase no. I think Gase is an intelligent guy, who is actually not HC material. He may not even be great OC material, that's hard to say. He had a couple superb years as OC Denver, when Peyton Manning was there, a not so good year in Chicago. But as HC, just one good year in Miami, and one okay year in New York, surrounded by a lot of below average, or just lousy years.

There's talk of both of these guys interviewing for the OC job in New England. Either would probably work. O'Brien had a successful stint there before so that makes the most sense. Some fans in NE don't want Gase tutoring Mack Jones, but I think under Belicheck's leash, and strict program, Gase could do well.

Rich Bisaccia is talking to both GB and Chicago to be their ST coach. To go from Drayton to Bisaccia would be a ridiculously massive upgrade for the Packers. Though the Packers really need a kicker, as Crosby is on the cusp of retirement. The Bears however already have a better unit of players. Curious if Joe Judge is interviewing for similar positions. I can't dig much up quickly.

Is anyone going to watch the Pro Bowl? I'm like a 2 hour drive away, and nose bleed tickets are fairly cheap. I thought of going just to be in that awesome stadium, but I can't think of a Pro Bowl I've watched in some time, certainly not the whole game. It also bothers me when I watch them on TV, it's like there is no game actually being played. The announcers are so often talking about other things, side stories, even during the plays, and there are so many sideshows on the sidelines the camera crew is trying to capture to entertain the audience with jokes, pranks and stuff the players are doing. I guess because the game usually is a snooze fest with guys trying to not get hurt (can't blame them). I do seem to remember Peyton Manning having some great games, like he couldn't take his lead foot off the pedal no matter what game it was!

O'Brien may have been okay. Gase no. I think Gase is an intelligent guy, who is actually not HC material. He may not even be great OC material, that's hard to say. He had a couple superb years as OC Denver, when Peyton Manning was there, a not so good year in Chicago. But as HC, just one good year in Miami, and one okay year in New York, surrounded by a lot of below average, or just lousy years.

There's talk of both of these guys interviewing for the OC job in New England. Either would probably work. O'Brien had a successful stint there before so that makes the most sense. Some fans in NE don't want Gase tutoring Mack Jones, but I think under Belicheck's leash, and strict program, Gase could do well.

Rich Bisaccia is talking to both GB and Chicago to be their ST coach. To go from Drayton to Bisaccia would be a ridiculously massive upgrade for the Packers. Though the Packers really need a kicker, as Crosby is on the cusp of retirement. The Bears however already have a better unit of players. Curious if Joe Judge is interviewing for similar positions. I can't dig much up quickly.

Is anyone going to watch the Pro Bowl? I'm like a 2 hour drive away, and nose bleed tickets are fairly cheap. I thought of going just to be in that awesome stadium, but I can't think of a Pro Bowl I've watched in some time, certainly not the whole game. It also bothers me when I watch them on TV, it's like there is no game actually being played. The announcers are so often talking about other things, side stories, even during the plays, and there are so many sideshows on the sidelines the camera crew is trying to capture to entertain the audience with jokes, pranks and stuff the players are doing. I guess because the game usually is a snooze fest with guys trying to not get hurt (can't blame them). I do seem to remember Peyton Manning having some great games, like he couldn't take his lead foot off the pedal no matter what game it was!

I can't remember the last time I watched an entire pro bowl game. Skills competition yes (even if I don't think it's nearly as good as it used to be). The game no. I'm much more likely to be watching Olympics coverage and likely some college basketball.

I can't remember the last time I watched an entire pro bowl game. Skills competition yes (even if I don't think it's nearly as good as it used to be).
Some of the early skill stuff I remember, I think Drew Brees won the one I saw. They had one competition, some sort of "broken play" where the QB had to find and hit the open receiver, with no drawn play. It may have been two WR's running against 3 DB's and a timer. That was pretty cool. I just tried to look for it, but couldn't find it. It's been a good 10 years, so maybe I'm remembering it wrong.

The only thing from the Pro Bowl I’ve seen is Ed
Hochuli calling a penalty and saying there is penalties in the Pro Bowl. I don’t even know how many players like going if it’s not their first. Then it further gets watered down when the ones going to the Super Bowl don’t go.

There are some who get bonuses for going to the Pro Bowl, so I'm guessing those may like going.

Some of the early skill stuff I remember, I think Drew Brees won the one I saw. They had one competition, some sort of "broken play" where the QB had to find and hit the open receiver, with no drawn play. It may have been two WR's running against 3 DB's and a timer. That was pretty cool. I just tried to look for it, but couldn't find it. It's been a good 10 years, so maybe I'm remembering it wrong.

I remember something along those lines. Then there was the distance throwing competition which I remember Jay Schroeder (sp) won.

Mike McDaniels will be seen as a controversial choice as the Dolphins head coach mainly because he's never been a head coach before let alone C/C. He was Shanahan's run game right hand for a long time and according to Shanahan was a very important piece of the offense especially as a play designer but obviously some of the higher profile media commenators won't care about that. This will probably re-ignite the Flores debate.........it seems that GB is after Bisaccia as their special teams coordinator in light of their 32nd ranked unit and the meltdown in the 49ers game which was picked before the game as a problem for the Packers. oddly the 49ers ST which was mediocre all season and had dropped to its lowest ranking for years decided to show up much to the chagrin of the GB fans. but the 49ers have dumped the ST coach Hightower anyway who has been picked up by the Bears. Rumor going around that the 49ers want Bisaccia or Judge for ST.