• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

National Football League

Page 543 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I am too. I think it’s either going to be a high scoring affair or Rams one sided. Bengals have to score first in order to put pressure on Rams.
I made multiple grocery runs for the things I promised..French onion dip,Spinach and artichoke dip,Fritos scoops and grocery store brand whiskey..I hope that the game is good because there will be lots of family and food.
I have not ever watched a Pro Bowl start to finish.
The best football event in my opinion..right behind the Super Bowl is the Dr. Pepper college challenge,were 2 people are picked to throw footballs through a target,the contestant w the most gets college tuition paid..it is simply awesome..I am going to watch halftime show this year..I consider The Weekends performance an utter disaster

Crazy that there were other players that contributed more to their teams success but unsurprising. At least Kupp got a vote. It will be interesting off-season for Rodgers on if he moves. People keep saying Denver but I think trying to go to Niners, Bucs, or Titans is his best bet and bring Adams. Then Bengals might get Gronk.
And Nick Bosa didn't get one vote for defensive player of the year..........mmmm.........Rodgers contract will be a sticking point for some teams.........Niners have other issues, they already forked out big for Lance and paid up for Kittle now they have to extend Deebo Samuel and Bosa which won't leave them much cap space to sign many of the free agents they have on the books now plus they will need a back up QB when Jimmy goes.and the Dee Ford contract where they are paying him not to play is also a problem and it is fully guaranteed when he is injured, think they will cut him mid year........that is the cheapest option for them as no team will trade for him anyway. Niners didn't want Brady when he left the Patriots so even if he did come back, I don't see that happening. They rang GB before the Lance pick but at that stage GB wasn't moving Rodgers especially to a NFC rival and they had little trust in Love as their QB and probably still don't.

Last edited:
What in the world is going on with these nfl players?!?
You take a young, completely sheltered man during college days and groom his skills to weapon level while he is shielded from consequences of stupid or even aggressively illegal behavior to protect the investment. Unleash that young man and give him tens of millions of dollars, fawning adulation and every kind of physical enhancement to maintain that NFL investment. Ignore the physical and psychological cocktail his football career will brew up while his skills erode from the abuse and just stand back. Boom!
There are Hall of Fame players that should have done hard time for accessory to murder or worse. Ray; you want to tell the world how you managed that?

I am going to watch halftime show this year..I consider The Weekends performance an utter disaster.
Agree on the Weekend. That was really flat. I'm surprised Snoop Dog, is featured this year, a little with Dr. Dre too. I know the guy's life is a lot different than it was years ago, but I would think they would have chosen someone a bit more...neutral. I'm not saying we need to go back to the days of Up With People, but, I dunno.

I'm also not into rap at all, not really hip-hop so much either. Maybe I grew tired of it years ago, maybe I'm just old. Still, has to be more entertaining than last year.

There are Hall of Fame players that should have done hard time for accessory to murder or worse. Ray; you want to tell the world how you managed that?
I never once felt Ray Lewis actually stabbed either of those guys, but the evidence showed he had at least some hand in helping those who did get away, knew who they were, and kept his mouth shut as part of a "don't trust the police. Protect each other" street creed. His action, or inaction, or obstruction, helped get the two guys who did stab the victims (beyond a reasonable doubt) skate. I read up quite a bit on this, and if anyone feels I'm wrong, or missing something key, I'm all ears.

Marvin Harrison is someone else in the HOF with a very checkered past. Look him up.

Some of these cases it's hard to tell if a person's checkered past, roots to a ghetto, are the issue, or CTE? I'm not saying Aaron Hernandez or Lawrence Phillips get a free pass, but their cases make you wonder.

Agree on the Weekend. That was really flat. I'm surprised Snoop Dog, is featured this year, a little with Dr. Dre too. I know the guy's life is a lot different than it was years ago, but I would think they would have chosen someone a bit more...neutral. I'm not saying we need to go back to the days of Up With People, but, I dunno.

I'm also not into rap at all, not really hip-hop so much either. Maybe I grew tired of it years ago, maybe I'm just old. Still, has to be more entertaining than last year.

I never once felt Ray Lewis actually stabbed either of those guys, but the evidence showed he had at least some hand in helping those who did get away, knew who they were, and kept his mouth shut as part of a "don't trust the police. Protect each other" street creed. His action, or inaction, or obstruction, helped get the two guys who did stab the victims (beyond a reasonable doubt) skate. I read up quite a bit on this, and if anyone feels I'm wrong, or missing something key, I'm all ears.

Marvin Harrison is someone else in the HOF with a very checkered past. Look him up.

Some of these cases it's hard to tell if a person's checkered past, roots to a ghetto, are the issue, or CTE? I'm not saying Aaron Hernandez or Lawrence Phillips get a free pass, but their cases make you wonder.
I agree that it is hard to tell. Still; a young aggravated, entitled and well-juiced athlete is likely less likely to restrain themselves in a physical situation. That, in spite of the fact they should know all eyes are on them and they have much to lose. Add a little residual head trauma into the reasoning process and choices they could make is more unpredictable IMO.

Reactions: jmdirt
Good win and comeback for Rams. Refs stayed out of it all game missing penalties on Ramsay and the face mask touchdown on him to call a bad holding call when Rams don’t convert on fourth. Super, super ballsy to go for it on fourth and 1 on their own territory on that drive. Stafford has finally got the ring many thought he could get if he left Detroit. Bengals Achilles finally came back to bite them. Second straight year the home team wins it all.

And Kupp or Donald should be the MVP, heck both of them.

Good win for the Rams, and I'm happy Stafford gets a ring, same with a few other guys. The better team won, but that penalty on 3rd down was sketchy close, and may have changed the game.

Is it just me, or is it despite the close game, and close score, this game had nowhere near the drama as so many games in recent weeks?
No it wasn't just you, the crowd wasn't as intense as it was in other playoff games. Odd kind of atmosphere as if the Rams were expected to win.

Good win for the Rams, and I'm happy Stafford gets a ring, same with a few other guys. The better team won, but that penalty on 3rd down was sketchy close, and may have changed the game.

Is it just me, or is it despite the close game, and close score, this game had nowhere near the drama as so many games in recent weeks?
Facts. The fans seemed to be far more into the divisional and championship games. Honestly I thought we were about to get another overtime.

Reactions: jmdirt
Rams got the monkey off their back and got it done and they had to to with the way the team has been built. In two years time it will look like a much different team. That will help them forget their performance in the 2018 SB against the Patriots. Bengals can't delay getting their O line sorted.
And from an old-school viewer that loves good music over throngs of fake fans and lip-synch artists: Best Superbowl halftime entertainment in decades.

Reactions: Tricycle Rider