National Football League

Page 73 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Hey, check out the Official LA thread in the Clinic. Someone posted a link to a WSJ article suggesting Halloween costumes depicting disgraced athletes. The one involving blood doped USPS riders is hilarious, and really shows that LA has now become the **** of everyone’s jokes, but they also have a couple of NFL ones:

The New Orleans Saints Defense
The most surefire way to make it rain with candy. This off-season the NFL exposed the Saints' bounty program, which it said offered cash rewards for players who injured opponents. Minnesota's Brett Favre took a particular beating in the 2009 NFC championship. The simplest way to replicate that game? Find a purple piñata, tape Favre's face to the head and whack away. (Don't forget the play money for the first little Trick or Treater to bust the Favre avatar in half.) Families who see this crew coming up their driveways are sure to be terrified.
NFL Replacement Referees
In the now-legendary "Immaculate Deception" play, which gave the Seattle Seahawks a cheap win over the Green Bay Packers earlier this fall, the NFL's replacement referees bought themselves a ticket to the all-time pantheon of sports antiheroes. After this controversial game-ending pass play, one replacement referee signaled touchdown at the same moment his colleague, standing next to him, signaled touchback. The downside of this costume is that it's hard to find kid-sized referee shirts. The upside: Let 'em bicker! The more your kids disagree with one another, the better the effect.
Think the NCAA is finally getting serious about concussions? Think again:

In the fourth quarter of Saturday’s game, Arizona QB Matt Scott was kicked in the head while sliding during a play. Scott immediately began vomiting on the sidelines, repeatedly, as the game went to commercial.

Scott was showing tell-tale signs of concussion, and the NCAA–which is being sued for failing to implement appropriate concussion screening, return-to-play guidelines, and other safety measures–is pretty clear on what coaches should do next: “Take [an athlete] out of play immediately and allow adequate time for evaluation by a health care professional experienced in evaluating for concussion.” As one NCAA factsheet reads,

1. Remove the student-athlete from play…Do not allow the student-athlete to just “shake it off.” Each individual athlete will respond to concussions differently.

2. Ensure that the student-athlete is evaluated right away by an appropriate health care professional.

3. Allow the student-athlete to return to play only with permission from a health care professional with experience in evaluating for concussion.

However, well-paid Arizona coach Rich Rodriguez and his staff did none of those things. Instead, Scott stayed in the game–and even threw a touchdown pass–before finally going to the sidelines, apparently vomiting again, and being evaluated by trainers for a head injury. Not surprisingly, once Scott was actually forced to undergo a concussion test, he was immediately removed from the game.
What’s it going to take? Some major star dying during a game from a head injury?
 
This is why James Harrison is going to repeatedly and forever lose his little spitting match with Roger Goodell. As long as some of these serious injuries continue, and as long as former players end up with CTE, the general criticism and long list of lawsuits that threaten to severely affect the league will continue as well. Harrison is too stupid or stubborn to know that Goodell is saving him from his own fate.

SI Article on Jim McMahon's early onset dementia...at 53.

Jack Youngblood was one of the toughest players in NFL history. When asked about the NFL's rule changes to make the game safer, he said, "It's always good when you address a health issue. I think we're moving in the right direction."

I mentioned Brock before, and he said he felt very fortunate he still had all his faculties, and supported new safety rules as well.

Predictions later today, I hope.
 
Neither ESPN nor USA Today have their expert picks up. USA Today is in NYC, so I understand, but ESPN is north of me, so, what's up there? Here goes my fearless predictions.

KC at SD - Only Norv could botch a certain win.
Den at Cin - Manning's roll continues, unless Bengals rush gets to him.
Bal at Cle - If Browns run game gets going, and DB's hold, look out!
Ari at GB - Packers the better team. Lock of the week.
Chi at Ten - Bears squeak by, but if Titans establish run...
Mia at Indy - Colts squeak by at home.
Car at Wash - RGIII's time to shine.
Det at Jax - Lions must win, and will
Buf at Hou - Mario may want revenge, but Texans roll continues.
TB at Oak - Raiders move to .500 ...really?
Min at Sea - Seahawks pass D too much
Pit at NYG - While I am big on the Steelers, they are still way too injured.
Dal at Atl - Falcons roll continues, but if Romo on, 'Boys could upset.
Phi at NO - Vick keeps his job, and NO is last in defense. But could be a 42-40 game.
 
Jun 22, 2009
4,991
0
0
Kansas City @ San Diego – Bolts in lock shock! KC look like this year's Rams.

Arizona @ Green Bay – Hard to imagine a GB defeat
Detroit @ Jacksonville – Detroit really should (and needs to) win
Chicago @ Tennessee – I'm sticking with da Bears.
Denver @ Cincinnati – Denver an almost lock, Peyton's in the groove again.
Carolina @ Washington – Should be fun to watch, have to stick with my boys.
Baltimore @ Cleveland – Have the Ravens recovered? Can they defend without......? I hope so.
Miami @ Indianapolis – This could easily go either way. I'm sticking with the Fins.
Buffalo @ Houston – THE lock of the round, surely?
Minnesota @ Seattle – Seattle should be too good at home.
Tampa Bay @ Oakland – Meh, a home win, I guess.
Pittsburgh @ NY Giants – Should be an exciting and close game, Giants on a mini-roll
Dallas @ Atlanta – Yes indeed, how will they lose this week? :D

Philadelphia @ New Orleans – If there is a god in NFL heaven he will arrange for Brees to wipe the floor with these Eagles, Vick to contribute with three picks and two fumbles.
 
Pretty quiet week here in this thread. Thought I'd add some comments if anyone is around, as there were some moments this week to talk about.

• Andrew Luck rose to the top like fine cream. Breaking Cam Newton's one-year record for yards in a game, and just a stellar overall performance against a pretty decent defense. What a turnaround from week 1. Plus their no-name defense held when it needed to. At 5-3 the Colts are in the mix. RGwho?

• To Griffin's credit, until the 'Skins can defend the pass, and receivers catch the ball, his pretty throws won't make the hi-light reel. Skins now 3-6 and should start looking to 2013. Getting guys to catch the ball for RG3, and how to build a pass defense.

• Also impressive was Pittsburgh's win over NYG. With the Giants receivers healthy, and Steelers missing key players or having hurt players on defense, this was an impressive win in NY. Plus they flew in that morning, plus had bad calls go against them. The Giants vaunted defense also looked very average late in the game, two weeks in a row now.

• Falcons move to 8-0, but Cowboy fans must just feel sick the way their team lost another game by mistakes and lack of discipline.

• Bears quietly now 7-1 with a huge blowout against Tennessee. When do we start taking Cutler and company seriously?

• Ravens workmanlike win over Cleveland, and at 6-2 in first, despite all the injuries.

• Texans easily topped Buffalo to go 7-1. One ugly loss to GB after Cushing got hurt, and they're back on track.

• Broncos at 5-3 over a struggling Cincy team. With a fairly easy schedule coming up, Denver could be in the driver's seat.

• Nice win for Seattle over Minn, to go 5-4 against a tough schedule. Maybe Wilson's biggest game.

• The Packers win again in a solid performance to go 6-3, but how good are they, really?

• Lions now back to 4-4 and playing like last year.

If the playoffs were today, in the NFC we'd have ATL and Chicago getting byes. SF would host SEA and NYG would host GB.

In the AFC Tex and Balt would get the bye. NE would host Pitt, and Denver would host Indy.
 
Jul 29, 2009
441
0
0
"Also impressive was Pittsburgh's win over NYG. With the Giants receivers healthy, and Steelers missing key players or having hurt players on defense, this was an impressive win in NY. Plus they flew in that morning, plus had bad calls go against them. The Giants vaunted defense also looked very average late in the game, two weeks in a row now."

At least the defence looked good for some of the game! Offence is looking very bad at the moment. Not getting touchdowns and having to settle for field goals has been an issue for a while and the run game was poor for much of last season. Now the passing game is struggling and the offence cannot put together a sustained drive for love nor money.

Giants definitely had the better of the calls and just needed to put together one decent drive in the final quater but never looked like doing it. The Steelers just got better as the game wore on which is always a good sign and by the end were in complete control.

The saving grace was that both Dallas and Washington lost. The Giants have been 6-2 several times and nearly always go through a slump at that point. I have no idea why but I hope it's short lived. A win next week is vital imo despite the fact they have a handy lead in the division.

Indy doing well. I want to watch their game and have a proper look at Luck. After all the RGIII hype it seems Luck is beginning to justify why he was no.1
 
MNF was interesting. Vick still sucks, but the Eagles problems are so deep, and it's not just coaching either. You could see the frustration on Andy Reid's face after the game. Next week they take on Dallas. The loser if that game is going to be out of the playoff hunt, and a lot of players and coaches might as well get ready to be on another team next year, or just cut.

The Saints on he others and looked solid. Still giving up way too much yards on defense. But the offense is clicking, they were good in the red zone, and with Vitt at the helm are on a roll. They take on Atlanta next week, and I like their chances.

Power rankings out later today.
 
Indy at Jax - I believe in Luck, though he is better at home.

NYG at Cin - Both teams struggling, but Giants more tools.
Ten at Mia - Locker back, but that won't help D.
Det at Minn - Lions on a roll, Vikings not.
Buff at NE - Lock of the week.
Atl at NO - Saints getting hot, Falcons streak ends.
SD at TB - Tough call, but Buc's playing okay.
Den at Car - Denver continues to roll. A lock.
Oak at Bal - Ravens offense too much.
NYJ at Sea - Seahawks don't lose at home, especially...
Dal at Phi - Loser's season is lost, and expect major changes.
Stl at SF - Another lock.
Hou at Chi - An upset. I find the Bears like last year's 49ers. They win by staying ahead, and creating turnovers.

KC at Pit - Steelers very poised for a late season run.
 
Jun 22, 2009
4,991
0
0
Indy at Jax - Colts surprised me last week, they probably will again.

NYG at Cin - Giants must be able t squeak this one.
Ten at Mia - I keep going for the Fins.
Det at Minn - Vikings to bounce back.
Buff at NE - Agreed, lock of the week.
Atl at NO - This one could be very close, I'll stay with the only unbeaten team
SD at TB - Home advantage coin toss
Den at Car - Peyton.
Oak at Bal - Even injury riddled, Ravens should be too good.
NYJ at Sea - Seahawks look like another good thing at home.
Dal at Phi - The two teams I dislike most...hmmm....ok, I want the Eagles to lose even more than the old enemy.
Stl at SF - Home lock.
Hou at Chi - Sticking with da Bears .

KC at Pit - Steelers improving, sadly
 
Dec 7, 2010
8,771
3
0
Alpe d'Huez said:
Don't know if anyone is reading, but I'm 8-3-1 this week so far. But with the rain and wind in Chicago, I'm thinking advantage Bears over Texans.

More comments later.
Nice picks. I will use your picks next time.

lol
 
I think back on week five I was like 6-10, so don't get your hopes up too high.

This week's topsy-turvy NFL has turned some things around again. Teams that looked like they were ready to roll on, look more average (Pitt, SF, NO, GB), teams that looked finished look like they could be serious contenders (NO, Cinn). Thoughts on some games and teams, positive to negative:

• After getting blown out by GB after losing Cushing, the Texans look like the best team in the NFL and powerful on both sides of the ball. They look well coached, and tough as hell. Like they're headed to 14-2 perhaps.

• Atlanta's loss to NO means little. They looked solid in losing, and the loss may help their psyche. NO also looked like on offense they are moving up. The defense is still worst in NFL, but at home, no one is going to want to play them there.

• At 6-3 the Broncos have a fairly soft schedule, PM is playing great, even better is their defense.

•*Written off after losing Lewis, Baltimore's offensive juggernaut at 7-2 stands strong.

• The Bears losing to Texas was not a bad loss. But they do remind me of last year's 49ers. Solid defense, relying on turnovers, can't come from behind with average QB.

• Seattle flattened the Jets, and if they can start to win on the road, look out. No one wants to play them in Seattle. No one.

• Right when the Steelers start to get healthy, they lose Ben, but who knows for how long? Defense still tops in the NFL (in yards anyway).

• Will the real NE Patriots please stand up? One week they look like SB winners, the next, average, or lucky. Still tops in offense in both points and yards.

• Will the real NY Giants stand up? Ugly loss to Cincy, at home. Eli looked terrible, and the defense couldn't defend the pass, against a sub-average team.

• Will the real Green Bay Packers... Too many sacks; defense still inconsistent (though better than last year).

• Jake Locker's return helped the Titans. But really it was their defense, and CJ, finally earning his money.

• Dallas isn't as alive, as the Eagles are dead. They are so dead. Nick Foles actually looked okay, like they may have a future with him. But the OL is terrible, receivers drop balls, they can't defend the pass, give up big plays, and 3rd down plays. Now Reid says Vick is his guy and will be back next week and the rest of the season. Both will be gone at year's end. It's just stunning how bad this team is.

• The Jets are maybe the worst team in the NFL right now, and have no offense, and a soft defense. They were crushed by Seattle, and Mark Sanchez looked as bad as all critics have been saying. Don't forget fans, the Jets signed him to a contract that pays him more than Aaron Rogers. So expect him cut at year's end. 50/50 Rex is gone as well.
 
Dec 7, 2010
8,771
3
0
Alpe d'Huez said:
I think back on week five I was like 6-10, so don't get your hopes up too high.

This week's topsy-turvy NFL has turned some things around again. Teams that looked like they were ready to roll on, look more average (Pitt, SF, NO, GB), teams that looked finished look like they could be serious contenders (NO, Cinn). Thoughts on some games and teams, positive to negative:

• After getting blown out by GB after losing Cushing, the Texans look like the best team in the NFL and powerful on both sides of the ball. They look well coached, and tough as hell. Like they're headed to 14-2 perhaps.

• Atlanta's loss to NO means little. They looked solid in losing, and the loss may help their psyche. NO also looked like on offense they are moving up. The defense is still worst in NFL, but at home, no one is going to want to play them there.

• At 6-3 the Broncos have a fairly soft schedule, PM is playing great, even better is their defense.

•*Written off after losing Lewis, Baltimore's offensive juggernaut at 7-2 stands strong.

• The Bears losing to Texas was not a bad loss. But they do remind me of last year's 49ers. Solid defense, relying on turnovers, can't come from behind with average QB.

• Seattle flattened the Jets, and if they can start to win on the road, look out. No one wants to play them in Seattle. No one.

• Right when the Steelers start to get healthy, they lose Ben, but who knows for how long? Defense still tops in the NFL (in yards anyway).

• Will the real NE Patriots please stand up? One week they look like SB winners, the next, average, or lucky. Still tops in offense in both points and yards.

• Will the real NY Giants stand up? Ugly loss to Cincy, at home. Eli looked terrible, and the defense couldn't defend the pass, against a sub-average team.

• Will the real Green Bay Packers... Too many sacks; defense still inconsistent (though better than last year).

• Jake Locker's return helped the Titans. But really it was their defense, and CJ, finally earning his money.

• Dallas isn't as alive, as the Eagles are dead. They are so dead. Nick Foles actually looked okay, like they may have a future with him. But the OL is terrible, receivers drop balls, they can't defend the pass, give up big plays, and 3rd down plays. Now Reid says Vick is his guy and will be back next week and the rest of the season. Both will be gone at year's end. It's just stunning how bad this team is.

• The Jets are maybe the worst team in the NFL right now, and have no offense, and a soft defense. They were crushed by Seattle, and Mark Sanchez looked as bad as all critics have been saying. Don't forget fans, the Jets signed him to a contract that pays him more than Aaron Rogers. So expect him cut at year's end. 50/50 Rex is gone as well.
It will be interesting to see how Dallas plays now.

Also I would watch how Chicago handles the next few games.
 
Jul 29, 2009
441
0
0
Been busy! not because the Giants sucked at the weekend!
When I said you get value as a Giants fan I forgot November. Giants have been poor for a few games and I feel there may be some structural issues. Things have looked a lot worse since Diehl returned and I'm not sure Bradshaw should be getting the most carries at RB.
Eli has looked poor and we'll see how a week off helps. Nicks has looked a shadow of his former self and I can't help but feel this is injury related.

I wish I'd had more time to watch other teams but simply haven't had time. It's gone 10.30 pm and I'm having a quick break now before doing a couple more hours tonight!

Thanks Alpe for all the posts. Always a good read and fair and reasonable judgements on all teams. nice change from NFL network where they have to create a story or two each week as it seems fans are incapable of having a reasoned discussion based on careful thorough and detailed analysis!
 
Jul 24, 2011
467
0
0
Alpe d'Huez said:
Anyone out there reading? I sometimes feel like this is a blog. LOL.
reading your blog, definitely
i usually check the picks here. NFL Expert picks, ESPN, Cyclingnews :D:D
my girlfriend has a lead of 2 points in our prediction game.. need all the input i can find.. never mind that in the end i always go with my gut feelings and stick to my initial picks :D

dolphins @ bills.. not an easy one.. she went bills..
 
Jun 22, 2009
4,991
0
0
Alpe d'Huez said:
Anyone out there reading? I sometimes feel like this is a blog. LOL.

Not feeling motivation to post though if no one is out there, or commenting. Will try to keep making predictions though.
My humble apologies, Alpe. I know how you feel. My excuse is that I was diverted by post-election madness and the great sport of wingnut trolling, :D which is now pretty much over. I certainly appreciate your knowledge and input, please keep it coming!

Your analysis and comments from last week were, as always, spot on. My only comment would be that I was more disappointed than you about Da Bear's poor showing.

I'll kick off this week -

MIA @ BUF - I pick the Fins, they lose, I don't pick 'em, they win - tie unlikely
ARI @ ATL - Falcons get back on track
TB @ CAR - Buccs better?
CLE @ DAL - A bold pick for two in a row!
GB @ DET - Pack should be too strong
JAC @ HOU - Worst vs best?
CIN @ KC - A real coin toss imo, but KC couldn't cash in on their first lead of the season, so...
NYJ @ STL - I've given up on the enigma Jets
PHI @ WAS - Who knows what Foles can do, but I won't back against RG3, even though the rest suck big time
NO @ OAK - That win over ATL will have given them a huge boost
SD @ DEN - Peyton = no contest
IND @ NE - Already good enough to win in Foxboro? I don't believe it
BAL @ Pit - Would have picked the Ravens even without all the PIT injuries
CHI @ SF - Da Bears let me down big time last week
 
Dec 7, 2010
8,771
3
0
Amsterhammer said:
My humble apologies, Alpe. I know how you feel. My excuse is that I was diverted by post-election madness and the great sport of wingnut trolling, :D which is now pretty much over. I certainly appreciate your knowledge and input, please keep it coming!

Your analysis and comments from last week were, as always, spot on. My only comment would be that I was more disappointed than you about Da Bear's poor showing.

I'll kick off this week -

MIA @ BUF - I pick the Fins, they lose, I don't pick 'em, they win - tie unlikely
ARI @ ATL - Falcons get back on track
TB @ CAR - Buccs better?
CLE @ DAL - A bold pick for two in a row!
GB @ DET - Pack should be too strong
JAC @ HOU - Worst vs best?
CIN @ KC - A real coin toss imo, but KC couldn't cash in on their first lead of the season, so...
NYJ @ STL - I've given up on the enigma Jets
PHI @ WAS - Who knows what Foles can do, but I won't back against RG3, even though the rest suck big time
NO @ OAK - That win over ATL will have given them a huge boost
SD @ DEN - Peyton = no contest
IND @ NE - Already good enough to win in Foxboro? I don't believe it
BAL @ Pit - Would have picked the Ravens even without all the PIT injuries
CHI @ SF - Da Bears let me down big time last week
Not sure about the ATL pick and the GB pick. Either one of these teams could have a down game.

Anyhow it should be fun to watch.

What happened to ALPE? Did he give up?
 
Jun 22, 2009
4,991
0
0
Glenn_Wilson said:
What happened to ALPE? Did he give up?
No, he was just feeling a bit lonely in here. My attendance has been minimal, 3man has vanished, temporarily, I assume, while topic granddaddy foxxy still appears to be on a combination of anti-NFL sulk and LA celebration bender.

I'm sure he'll be here with his picks before tonight's game, and maybe the power rankings too.;)
 
MIA @ BUF - Thought a healthy Tannehill would prevail.
ARI @ ATL - Falcons easy, at home.
TB @ CAR - Buc's on a roll, great rushing attack.
CLE @ DAL - Cowboys could lose this though.
GB @ DET - Packers uneven, but more firepower.
JAC @ HOU - Lock of the week.
CIN @ KC - Bengals hot after blowing out Giants, but KC ripe to upset them.
NYJ @ STL - Jets have no QB. Jets have nothing.
PHI @ WAS - Nice that Foles gets a shot, but Eagles have way too many problems.
NO @ OAK - Saints rolling with Vitt at helm. Offensive powerhouse.
SD @ DEN - This game could actually be closer than people think.
IND @ NE - Despite almost rolling over against Bills, Pats win at home here.
BAL @ Pit - Ravens have weak defense, but Steelers still too many injuries.
CHI @ SF - Two teams who don't come from behind. I'll take the home team.
 
Jun 22, 2009
4,991
0
0
Alpe d'Huez said:
Will list picks later tonight in an edited post. For tonight I pick Miami.
Ignore my Miami pick in Glenn's quote - it was a mistake, I edited the original. I have abandoned the Fins, ergo they will win tonight, just watch.:confused:
 
Dec 7, 2010
8,771
3
0
Amsterhammer said:
No, he was just feeling a bit lonely in here. My attendance has been minimal, 3man has vanished, temporarily, I assume, while topic granddaddy foxxy still appears to be on a combination of anti-NFL sulk and LA celebration bender.

I'm sure he'll be here with his picks before tonight's game, and maybe the power rankings too.;)
haha.

RG3 is very good and nothing will make him bad unless it is injury. Dude is a very smart and bright young star.

Maybe Foxxy is upset about the Texan's defeating da Bears at home?

I see you revised that Miami pick. Great choice! :D
 
Nov 17, 2012
2
0
0
ARI @ ATL - Falcons win, Cardinals continue to lose.
TB @ CAR - Bucs are my team!
CLE @ DAL - It depends on which 'boys team shows up, Browns could win through Richardson.
GB @ DET - Too close, but Packers by a field goal!!
JAC @ HOU - 3 figure score?
CIN @ KC - Chiefs just not effective in any department.
NYJ @ STL - Jets are an enigma. So many good players, so many losses.
PHI @ WAS - 3rd round pick vs 2nd overall. No chance for Foles, unless he is Brady :D
NO @ OAK - I haven't heard much about the Raiders this season, and there's probably a reason for that!
SD @ DEN - Could be close. But Rivers is poor is the 2nd half, only 7 TD's in 2nd halfs compared to this 22 in 1st; I think?!!
IND @ NE - Colts are a good outfit, but the Pats are at home!
BAL @ PIT - Too many Steelers injuries (as said many a time!)
CHI @ SF - Tough one, I feel this may be a very defensive game. Based on last week - 49ers edge it.
 
I'm currently 10-3, so not too bad. Some thoughts on games:

I'd kind of like to see the Falcons win it all for some reason (maybe against Houston?). I like the way they play. I just hope they get a chance to play the Giants in the playoffs, as that is the one team they can't seem to get beyond in the past.

TB is indeed on a roll, great rushing attack, and Freeman is playing well (finally!)

The Cowboys win again, but this Thursday against RGIII will be interesting. The NFC East is still up for grabs, especially with the Giants playing poorly of late. Any of these teams could win that division, and this Thursday's winner will take a big step.

Speaking of RGIII, a week after I write his team off and espouse how great Andrew Luck is, RGIII has a nearly perfect game, 4 TD's, with an incredibly precise TD throw 65 yards in the air. Simply astounding! If you haven't seen the hi-light, look it up on NFL.com. All this while Luck threw some nice passes, but three picks, two of them to the house, and a fumble. Some of his reads and passes were just way off.

NE looked very impressive. On defense even. But that offense looked like an unstoppable juggernaut in the second half. They lost Gronk until late December, or the playoffs, but get Hernandez back maybe next week.

Look forward to a Houston-New England match-up.

Ravens looked pretty good, and defense filling in after injuries, so I don't want to write them off, but Steelers were still too injured. Seeing Ben in that sling was a bad sign, and Polamolu still isn't back.

Nice win for GB in Detroit. Aaron Rogers seemed pretty humble after the game, knowing they were a little lucky, and have work to do.

The Eagles have to be near the bottom of the power rankings at this point. It's astounding how bad they are. I'd say Foles is getting some exposure and the team will get a look at him, but when the offensive line can't protect the QB, any QB, and the team is constantly in a hole. Plus, McCoy out made it worse... what a disaster. The way Asomgua failed to even cover Moss on the first TD was just ugly. It's like the team has given up. Next year will be a definite re-boot.

The other team destined for a reboot is San Diego. They were in the game against Denver for a while, until it really mattered, and they lose again. Rivers will be there next season, but Turner will finally (and hopefully forever) be gone as a head coach, and I expect a lot of other changes in the team. They have huge talent, and are 4-6, and look like destined to finish about 7-9, maybe 6-10.

Nice win for the Jets over the Rams, but it was really the Rams that rolled over. Uncharacteristic for a Jeff Fisher team to make so many mistakes. Bad fumbles, two bad picks thrown by Bradford, poor tackling. Looked like the teams switched jerseys.

Curious about tonight's Bears-49ers game. Like I said, the team that falls behind will have a hard time winning. Both teams play much better when ahead.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY