• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

National Football League

Page 183 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
ChewbaccaD said:
a%2Broom%2Bfull%2Bof%2Bseahawks%2Bfans%2Bin%2B2011.jpg

Last person posting this much anti-Seahawk rhetoric was that famous Broncos fan.
I think Carolina has an exceptional defense and some equally great offensive players. They have a great chance and, as someone who watched the Seahawks at the Kingdome and lived 1 block from their headquarters I can assure you I'm not a mindless local "fan". Not everyone around hear paints their face...or think they're immune to losses unless kryptonite is involved.

Can we agree we'd support the winner of this next game as far as that team goes?

May 27, 2012
Visit site
Oldman said:
Last person posting this much anti-Seahawk rhetoric was that famous Broncos fan.
I think Carolina has an exceptional defense and some equally great offensive players. They have a great chance and, as someone who watched the Seahawks at the Kingdome and lived 1 block from their headquarters I can assure you I'm not a mindless local "fan". Not everyone around hear paints their face...or think they're immune to losses unless kryptonite is involved.

Can we agree we'd support the winner of this next game as far as that team goes?

Yes, because I love Russell Wilson...EDIT: In a manly way...does that make the statement better?...

EDIT 2: And now that I live fairly close to the San Jose 49ers, I am enjoying the friction I see when I root for Seattle.

The biggest crime of the day wasn't the "flag then no flag", it was an awful throw by Stafford, that's what people should taking more notice of.

His receiver was open and he underthrew him so much so he hit the Cowboys player right between the numbers.

That's what Detroit fans should be up in arms about.

If he leads the receiver with the ball, could have been catchable, even a TD, instead the receiver has to break off his route, stop and come straight back into the defender if he wants to make the catch.

(this is really the sort of PI call I don't like).

Buttercup? Okay Fanboy. Let me show you how competitive fanboyisms are done. Just for fun OFC.

Since we are about getting the facts, let’s start with these 5 interesting facts about the Panthers that most CAR fans probably do not want to hear or read about (LINK):

"1. Panthers quarterback Cam Newton is 0-3 against the Seahawks (with all three games in Charlotte) and has completed only 54 percent of his passes in those games. He has thrown only one TD pass against Seattle and one interception. Newton is known for his explosive plays, but they’ve been lacking this season. His longest throw was 51 yards and his longest run was 22 yards.

2. Many of the Carolina players will be coming to CenturyLink Field for the first time, including Newton, All-Pro middle linebacker Luke Kuechly, and talented rookie wide receiver Kelvin Benjamin.

3. The Panthers (8-8-1) have won their last five games, but four of those victories have come against teams with a combined 2014 record of 22-42. And the playoff victory came against an Arizona team that had lost five of its last seven games and was playing its third-string quarterback and backup running back.

4. The Panthers are only the second team in NFL history to win its division with a losing record. The other was the 2010 Seahawks at 7-9. Seattle lost the second playoff game.

5. Carolina rushed for 114 yards in the 13-9 loss to Seattle on Oct. 26, but (All-Pro) middle linebacker Bobby Wagner did not play that day and strong safety Kam Chancellor was struggling with hip, groin and ankle injuries."

But I will give credit where credit is due, and I do like the very talented Panther defense, especially Luke Kueckly, who is one of the smartest big time talents in the NFL. Because of them, if CAR gets past SEA I hope they go all the way. Now how cool would that be for an 7-8-1 team to win the SB!

But let’s see how these two teams statistical rankings compare. Below are some of their statistical rankings (followed by Yards, PPG, or Differential on the turnovers) for the 2014 regular season sorted by the category listed:

Category…………Seattle.………....Carolina
OFFENSE
Net total yards: …..9(6012).…….….16(5547)
Points/Game: …...10(24.6)…………19(21.2)

DEFENSE
Net total yards: …..1(4274).…….….10(5437)
Points/Game: …….1(15.9)………….21(23.4)
Give/Take: ………..4(+12)….……....13(+3)

Category…………..Wilson..………....Newton
QB Rating: ……….10(95.0)…………26(82.1)

And in this...
6280477971_778477e41a.jpg

the “S” stands for Self, not superhero.
Just sayin’

Bring your earplugs cuz the 12s are all at the CLink, not some boxed up room. :cool:

on3m@n@rmy said:
Buttercup? Okay Fanboy. Let me show you how competitive fanboyisms are done. Just for fun OFC.

Since we are about getting the facts, let’s start with these 5 interesting facts about the Panthers that most CAR fans probably do not want to hear or read about (LINK):

"1. Panthers quarterback Cam Newton is 0-3 against the Seahawks (with all three games in Charlotte) and has completed only 54 percent of his passes in those games. He has thrown only one TD pass against Seattle and one interception. Newton is known for his explosive plays, but they’ve been lacking this season. His longest throw was 51 yards and his longest run was 22 yards.

2. Many of the Carolina players will be coming to CenturyLink Field for the first time, including Newton, All-Pro middle linebacker Luke Kuechly, and talented rookie wide receiver Kelvin Benjamin.

3. The Panthers (8-8-1) have won their last five games, but four of those victories have come against teams with a combined 2014 record of 22-42. And the playoff victory came against an Arizona team that had lost five of its last seven games and was playing its third-string quarterback and backup running back.

4. The Panthers are only the second team in NFL history to win its division with a losing record. The other was the 2010 Seahawks at 7-9. Seattle lost the second playoff game.

5. Carolina rushed for 114 yards in the 13-9 loss to Seattle on Oct. 26, but (All-Pro) middle linebacker Bobby Wagner did not play that day and strong safety Kam Chancellor was struggling with hip, groin and ankle injuries."

But I will give credit where credit is due, and I do like the very talented Panther defense, especially Luke Kueckly, who is one of the smartest big time talents in the NFL. Because of them, if CAR gets past SEA I hope they go all the way. Now how cool would that be for an 7-8-1 team to win the SB!

But let’s see how these two teams statistical rankings compare. Below are some of their statistical rankings (followed by Yards, PPG, or Differential on the turnovers) for the 2014 regular season sorted by the category listed:

Category…………Seattle.………....Carolina
OFFENSE
Net total yards: …..9(6012).…….….16(5547)
Points/Game: …...10(24.6)…………19(21.2)

DEFENSE
Net total yards: …..1(4274).…….….10(5437)
Points/Game: …….1(15.9)………….21(23.4)
Give/Take: ………..4(+12)….……....13(+3)

Category…………..Wilson..………....Newton
QB Rating: ……….10(95.0)…………26(82.1)

And in this...
6280477971_778477e41a.jpg

the “S” stands for Self, not superhero.
Just sayin’

Bring your earplugs cuz the 12s are all at the CLink, not some boxed up room. :cool:

Yet despite all of this as a Panthers fan I'm actually quite glad we go to Seattle and not Green Bay (im sure im not the only one either). Granted we may have to play both anyway to reach the superbowl.

Despite Newton being 0-3 against Seattle they have all been really close games with the Seahawks just edging past on each occasion. I'd rather take my chances on another tight game where defence will be on top rather than taking on a Green Bay team that possesses more firepower and will expose our below par offense.

I don't go into Saturdays game with much expectation, having been 3-8-1 its almost miracle-like we are in this position. However just a little hope is enough, after all it wouldn't be the first time a side has found form just in time for a superbowl challenge when it looked like the season was over.

ChewbaccaD said:
And now that I live fairly close to the San Jose 49ers, I am enjoying the friction I see when I root for Seattle.

I knew security at the California border was pretty lax, but when unrepentant Panther fans like you start infiltrating the Bay Area, things are getting pretty bad. There goes the neighborhood.

Chewie, if you need something more to motivate your Seahawk hate, SJ Mercury sportswriter Tim Kawakami described the Carolina-Seattle game as a “half-bye” for Seattle.

Dallas at GB in the playoffs for the first time since the memorable Ice Bowl in 1967:

As the sun rose, the temperature was 15-below zero. The wind blew, and for awhile, the windchill factor approached 50-below.

Several Packers players couldn't get their cars started in the cold and didn't worry. They were certain they wouldn't play a game in this weather.

Cowboys players, awakened in hotel rooms by operators telling them it was 15-below, thought it was a joke, a local scheme to psyche them out.

Sam Blair of the Dallas Morning News wrote years later of the Cowboys' George Andrie, going out early and returning to roommate Bob Lilly. He told Lilly it was cold beyond belief. Lilly scoffed. Andrie had played at Marquette. He knew Wisconsin winters. He filled a cup with water, walked to the window of the 70-degree room, pulled back the curtain and tossed water halfway up the window. It froze before it got to the window ledge.

At game time, it was 13-below and minus-48 windchill.

A marching band performed pregame, and only a half-dozen tuba players had to bloody themselves, tearing lips from horn. Referee Norm Schachter got his whistle stuck to his lip and soldiered on with frozen blood on his face. Whistles were useless, so officials worked the game with hand signals and by yelling.

I remember watching Starr sneak into the end zone with seconds left for the winning score. What an epic game that was.

Everyone who followed the NFL then would remember that game, but I wonder if many have forgotten the two teams also met in the championship game the year before, in Dallas. That was the first year of the SB (though it wasn’t called that at the time), so the winner was going to be the first team in the old NFL to play a team in the upstart AFL.

And that game was epic, too. Green Bay took a devastating 14 point lead before Dallas’ offense even got on the field, scoring a quick TD on their first drive, then recovering a fumble on the ensuing KO and running it in for a score. Dallas fought back to tie the game, then GB forged ahead. GB had a chance to ice the game in the fourth quarter when it scored a TD to add to it’s 8 point lead. This was before the 2 pt conversion in the NFL. But the Packers missed the extra point, Dallas scored on a long pass, got the ball back, then got a first and goal on the two on PI, needing a TD to tie the game. And they couldn’t get it in.

Also, the Ice Bowl might not have been the coldest NFL game. In 1981, the Chargers played the Bengals for the AFC Championship in Cincinnati. That was a chiller. Bengals HC Forrest Gregg played for the Packers in the Ice Bowl, and when he was asked about this 1981 game commented, "I've never been colder". The poor Chargers had to play the game a week after a grueling OT win in 80 degree Miami. That, too, was considered epic at the time. The Chargers blew a 24 point lead in that game, both teams missed chip shot FGs that would have won the game in regulation or OT, before the Charger kicker finally nailed one.

This weekend looks like a good one for the home teams. Usually at least one home team loses, but who would it be this weekend? I think Denver is most vulnerable.

Looking at the other games, Dallas is going to have to keep pace with Green Bay, and not give up on the run game. As we've seen from Green Bay all year their offense is both explosive, and they play extremely well when in the lead. As great as Aaron Rodgers is, he's not known for big 4th quarter comebacks (though he has a few), he's more known for burying you when you're not paying attention, and in high scoring games. If the Packers get ahead, and we see a shooting match between Rodgers and Romo, I don't see how the Cowboys win. They have to keep it close, and keep running. An opening drive TD with a lot of Murray would be the ideal start for Dallas.

Looking at Baltimore-New England, I'm starting to flip my thoughts here. I can see the Ravens secondary having a very difficult time covering the Patriots receivers, and a well prepared Brady making them pay. Then the Pats using Blount when the Ravens sit in dime packages. I also think the Patriots secondary with Revis and Browner are going to handle Smith and Smith fairly well. The Ravens DL absolutely must put a lot of pressure on Brady, and disrupt the Pats runners, for them to have a chance.

From the end of last year I've liked Indianapolis, but now, I'm hesitant to take them. I think Denver's defense is going to give them a few problems, and despite Manning and the Denver passing game struggling, they have been running well. Both teams look vulnerable, one just more experienced than the other. Which means the other is arguably younger, hungrier. But I do believe in Luck, and will be pulling for the Colts.

"San Jose 49ers", I love it!

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
Looking at the other games, Dallas is going to have to keep pace with Green Bay, and not give up on the run game. As we've seen from Green Bay all year their offense is both explosive, and they play extremely well when in the lead. As great as Aaron Rodgers is, he's not known for big 4th quarter comebacks (though he has a few), he's more known for burying you when you're not paying attention, and in high scoring games. If the Packers get ahead, and we see a shooting match between Rodgers and Romo, I don't see how the Cowboys win. They have to keep it close, and keep running. An opening drive TD with a lot of Murray would be the ideal start for Dallas.

After watching some additional non-broadcast film of the Dallas/Detroit game it was clear a huge amount of O-line holding was "missed". That fact will no doubt play heavily into the game with Green Bay and Romo's guys are not going to get that pass. Add the unusual cold, Dallas' outdoor record and general bad passing conditions and it should get down to the best run and defense.
Rodgers calf may be the problem that keeps GB's late game heroics in check so GB needs to start faster than the Cowpunks. It's gonna be a tough game.

i'm excited about this weekend's games, I just figured out how to record the games using my TV ! (woo hoo go me!)

Which means I can go out cycling on Sunday morning and not miss a minute of the action.

Three really interesting games this week plus the Seattle game.

I'm thinking the Ravens v Patriots should be a great match, the Ravens looked really good against Pittsburgh last week, the Pats haven't really been tested lately, I think it should be a close contest but I'm leaning to the Patriots.

The other game I'm most interested in is Packers v Cowboys, hoping for a real battle here.

Murray vs Lacy, Rodgers v Romo, in the cold.

Broncos v Colts - Manning vs Luck

If the Colts defence can show something I think they could win, but they've been really quite porous the times I've seen them play recently.

Can they rattle Manning? Could this be the beginning of the end for the big guy? Or will he survive another week and inch closer to the fulfilment of Foxy's curse.

*rubs hands*

I'm betting on some good entertainment.

Oldman said:
Rodgers calf may be the problem that keeps GB's late game heroics in check so GB needs to start faster than the Cowpunks. It's gonna be a tough game.
Agree with that, completely. Rodgers has a partial tear in his calf, and a strain. He will definitely play. The report is that he will be between 50%, and 95% health in the calf. Meaning, he could be hobbling all day, not very mobile, and may step bad a few times and make some errant throws and take some quick sacks. Or, he could be the same as always and we don't really notice anything. Somewhere between those two.

There are a few other things that make the Green Bay-Dallas game the most intriguing game. First, the Cowboys have not lost on the road all season. You're thinking "ahhh, but the frozen tundra of Lambeau will get them!" That's only partly true. It was very true for about 30 years, from the Lombardi years through most of Favre's career, the Packers never lost a home playoff game. But in the last decade, they have one of the worst records at home in the playoffs, if you can believe that. They also played their worst game maybe in team history four years ago this week after going 15-1 in the regular season, they played horribly against the 9-7 Giants, who went on to win the Super Bowl in one of the most unlikely of runs.

I like the Cowboys chances here, as long as they can start okay and run the ball well.

The line on Seattle-Carolina is -11. I don't bet, but if I did, I would take those points and bet on Carolina. I think Seattle will win, but not by more than 11. That seems way too high.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
A few weeks ago or sometime in the past - I read on here that someone was talking about Marcus Ardel Taulauniu Mariota.

I think the guy will be a bust.

System QB. He was on the DP show a while back after he won the Heisman and he said he never has to say anything in the huddle or to the guys. So he basically never says anything while at QB.

I hope the Ducks win but this guy as an NFL player? How can you be a leader in the NFL if you have his demeanor?

Just an opinion.

As for the games this weekend. It should be some fun.

That's the funny thing, like Foxxy has said many times, you just really don't know. Ryan Leaf had all the tools, but was a disaster of a person. Jamarcus Russell a physical specimen, with no work ethic, and couldn't read defenses. On the flip side, Tom Brady had a very poor scouting report on him.

I think before the season I went back and looked at all the QBs taken in the first round over the last decade. It was real hit and miss. And that's going to be the same with both Mariota and Winston. If I had the #1 or #2 pick, I'd be like Jeff Fischer or Bill Belicheck and start looking to trade down.

Looking at both Tampa and Tennessee, they both need QBs. And I am all but sure Mariota and Winston will go 1-2 (which goes first, who knows), unless the combine and their Pro Day reveals something big. Teams will roll the dice anyway.

Even then, Teddy Bridgewater had a weak pro day, but now he and Derek Carr look like the 2 QB's from this recent draft who may flourish. Bortles and Manziel were both taken before them. Bortles has been average, Manzeil so far a embarrassing bust. But both TB and Tennessee also need help elsewhere, especially on the OL. A rookie QB won't fix that. Can you build an OL through free agency? What about a QB? The Jets and arguably the Rams and Texans may be looking for a QB as well. Probably Buffalo, Cleveland too. The next best QB in the draft is likely way, way down. Maybe Brett Hudley? But he looks like the new Zach Mettenberger. Might turn out okay, who knows. Likely to fall to the 3rd round, or further.

If you wait until 2016, there's not much on the horizon. Christian Hackenberg at Penn State has looked like a pro QB. Connor Cook at Michigan State. Maybe Dak Prescott at MSU? But none of them look like the next Andrew Luck. They look, so far, like the next Blake Bortles, maybe. Then again, who thought Russell Wilson would do what he's done?

Who do you pick up in free agency if you go that route instead of drafting Winston or Mariota? Who's out there? Brian Hoyer? Matt Schaub? Mark Sanchez? Jake Locker? Ryan Mallet? Colt McCoy? Blaine Gabbert? Matt Flynn? Kellen Moore? Open the wallet wide and try to grab Jay Cutler? All of them will cost more than a rookie. Do any of these names inspire you any more than Josh McCown?

Oldman said:
After watching some additional non-broadcast film of the Dallas/Detroit game it was clear a huge amount of O-line holding was "missed". That fact will no doubt play heavily into the game with Green Bay and Romo's guys are not going to get that pass. ... It's gonna be a tough game.

I don't know how holding will play out in the GB-DAL game, but it will be a good tough one. The thing about holding though, is holding that is not flagged is so prevalent in the NFL and college ranks. After halftime of a game where there are a ton of uncalled holdings, sometimes a player can complain to the officials and get some results. Sometimes the refs continue to let it go. The absolute worst I ever saw was a college game that I was photographing, and in one shot there were 4 separate holdings going on by the OLinemen vs 3 different defenders (yeah, one defender was being held by 2 OL guys). The best part, I caught the backside of the official in the photo looking right smack at the action, and all holds from that angle were clearly visible, yet no flag was thrown. I can also say that holding is not an excuse a defender can often use when telling his coach why he was out of the play. Often times the coach will say he does not want to hear that as an excuse, and the coach actually has several good reasons for saying that.

Alpe d'Huez said:
There are a few other things that make the Green Bay-Dallas game the most intriguing game. First, the Cowboys have not lost on the road all season. You're thinking "ahhh, but the frozen tundra of Lambeau will get them!" That's only partly true. It was very true for about 30 years, from the Lombardi years through most of Favre's career, the Packers never lost a home playoff game. But in the last decade, they have one of the worst records at home in the playoffs, if you can believe that...

Very true. I recall one exception to that. There was one wild card game in 2004 that was lost by the visiting team at Lambeau though. I remember well. That game went to overtime, when at the OT coin toss visiting team QB Matt Hasselbeck made the famous statement (that was broadcast over the PA system), "We want the ball, and we're gonna score!" SEA won the coin toss, and Hass did score... by throwing a pick-6 to give GB the win.

Alpe d'Huez said:
That's the funny thing, like Foxxy has said many times, you just really don't know. Ryan Leaf had all the tools, but was a disaster of a person. Jamarcus Russell a physical specimen, with no work ethic, and couldn't read defenses. On the flip side, Tom Brady had a very poor scouting report on him.

I think before the season I went back and looked at all the QBs taken in the first round over the last decade. It was real hit and miss. And that's going to be the same with both Mariota and Winston. If I had the #1 or #2 pick, I'd be like Jeff Fischer or Bill Belicheck and start looking to trade down.

Looking at both Tampa and Tennessee, they both need QBs. And I am all but sure Mariota and Winston will go 1-2 (which goes first, who knows), unless the combine and their Pro Day reveals something big. Teams will roll the dice anyway.

Even then, Teddy Bridgewater had a weak pro day, but now he and Derek Carr look like the 2 QB's from this recent draft who may flourish. Bortles and Manziel were both taken before them. Bortles has been average, Manzeil so far a embarrassing bust. But both TB and Tennessee also need help elsewhere, especially on the OL. A rookie QB won't fix that. Can you build an OL through free agency? What about a QB? The Jets and arguably the Rams and Texans may be looking for a QB as well. Probably Buffalo, Cleveland too. The next best QB in the draft is likely way, way down. Maybe Brett Hudley? But he looks like the new Zach Mettenberger. Might turn out okay, who knows. Likely to fall to the 3rd round, or further.

If you wait until 2016, there's not much on the horizon. Christian Hackenberg at Penn State has looked like a pro QB. Connor Cook at Michigan State. Maybe Dak Prescott at MSU? But none of them look like the next Andrew Luck. They look, so far, like the next Blake Bortles, maybe. Then again, who thought Russell Wilson would do what he's done?

Who do you pick up in free agency if you go that route instead of drafting Winston or Mariota? Who's out there? Brian Hoyer? Matt Schaub? Mark Sanchez? Jake Locker? Ryan Mallet? Colt McCoy? Blaine Gabbert? Matt Flynn? Kellen Moore? Open the wallet wide and try to grab Jay Cutler? All of them will cost more than a rookie. Do any of these names inspire you any more than Josh McCown?

I don't know, while good players can end up bad, I don't think you can go that wrong if you look at who is in college a good pocket passer running a pro style offense making his progressions.

Total morons like the people behind the browns team take a gimmick player like manziel first round and that muddies the waters.

Yeah he went in the first round, but it was clear he was nowhere near good enough for it.

If we don't see see a dramatic improvement from Manziel heading into next season, he could likely top both Leaf and Russell in the bust chart. That's how bad he played this season.

It's definitely safer to take a strong armed QB who played in a pro system, and isn't a head case. Some of them, like Carr, step right in and impress. But even those that don't, say, Brandon Weeden, only fall to "average". Usually anyway.

Talk from Denver is that the rest, and some rehab on Manning's shoulder, arm and neck have done him well and he's throwing the ball well, like he was at the start of the season. We will know how true this is after the first quarter against Indy. If it is true, coupled with a forecast of good weather, I can see them winning easy. Something like 40-21.

Weather for Foxboro looks cold and breezy. The long term forecast for the following weekend may be a nasty mix of sleet, freezing rain and wind.

Seattle looks like typical weather there. Cool, cloudy, some showers.

Green Bay looks quite cold and breezy.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
BAL @ NE - My head says Pats, my heart would love to see the dirty birds upset them, but since I picked the Pats to go all the way, I can't go against them now.

CAR @ SEA - I think the Panthers could go very close to a major upset, one which would not surprise me, but I think the Hawks will prove too good, especially with that noise up there.

DAL @ GB - Unbeaten at home meets unbeaten away. Something's gotta give. In view of the venue, the expected temperature, Romo, and the fact that I picked the Pack to go all the way, I'll go for a home advantage.

IND @ DEN - Will foxxy's Peyton choke factor come into play? History says yes. I'm really torn on this. A Colts win would be no surprise at all, but my coin toss comes down in favor of the Broncs. Just.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:

Great post.

I don't know about that free agency list. Sorta scary if you are a team looking for a QB.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
If we don't see see a dramatic improvement from Manziel heading into next season, he could likely top both Leaf and Russell in the bust chart. That's how bad he played this season.

It's definitely safer to take a strong armed QB who played in a pro system, and isn't a head case. Some of them, like Carr, step right in and impress. But even those that don't, say, Brandon Weeden, only fall to "average". Usually anyway.

Talk from Denver is that the rest, and some rehab on Manning's shoulder, arm and neck have done him well and he's throwing the ball well, like he was at the start of the season. We will know how true this is after the first quarter against Indy. If it is true, coupled with a forecast of good weather, I can see them winning easy. Something like 40-21.

Weather for Foxboro looks cold and breezy. The long term forecast for the following weekend may be a nasty mix of sleet, freezing rain and wind.

I would like to see if Manziel the little squirrel is what it looks like. A bust and a system QB created by Kevin Sumlin.

May 27, 2012
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:

I had an argument last year with one of the MANY Cam haters in Charlotte, who was suggesting that we move up last year, and get Manzel, and that Manzel was going to blow the NFL wide-open. I saw his inability to perform even then. Sure, when you'r in college, and you're short and fast, and can improvise, you can look like you rule the football field...but when you havae defensive ends who are only .2 seconds slower than you, LB's who are only .2 slower than you, and blitzing DB's who are faster, your heroic feats of mobility mean jack sh!t. Not to mention the fact D linemen have you by 6 inches, and even more than that in wingspan. Add to that the fact that Manzel is D0UCHE personified, and obscurity can't happen fast enough IMO.

I tipped Bortles to the guy, and he acted like I was a moron...yea, well...anybody can be wrong (I was on the "Leaf will be one of the best QB's in NFL history" bandwagon, so I guess I can forgive the guy)

In another note, you should hear the hate I get here when I refer to them as the San Jose 49ers. It's awesome.

I agree SEA-CAR could be much closer than many expect, even though I think it will be SEA by 12. Defensive keys for SEA to win. ..1) SEA must stop the run. SEA has had trouble with that at times, but not with healthy BWagz and Chancellor. 2) SEA must cover the CAR TEs. Seahawks were burned vs SD not being able to cover Gates. 3) TURNOVERS. As this could be big defensive battle, takeaways could determine the game.

Russell Wilson reportedly to be made highest-paid QB in offseason? http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000456017/article/seahawks-to-make-russell-wilson-highestpaid-qb

May 27, 2012
Visit site
Seattle is just a better team. I thought we did well to be in the game with 2 turnovers in the first half, but our offense did what our offense does, which is drop balls at key moments, and make mental errors.

Oh well, I wouldn't have expected we would be here 10 games into the season.

Now, my only thing to cheer for is Dallas losing...I'll cheer for Seattle, but not too hard.

ChewbaccaD said:
Seattle is just a better team. I thought we did well to be in the game with 2 turnovers in the first half, but our offense did what our offense does, which is drop balls at key moments, and make mental errors.

Oh well, I wouldn't have expected we would be here 10 games into the season.

Now, my only thing to cheer for is Dallas losing...I'll cheer for Seattle, but not too hard.

Gutted to lose but as you say, if we continue to drop the ball and make silly mistakes it's going to be difficult.

Proud to be a Panthers fan after these last few weeks. We go again next season!

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
Christian Hackenberg at Penn State has looked like a pro QB.

What? The name itself sounds like a QB bust. This man shall eat enough Burgers like good ol Chris Horner, and thus become a 300 pound OLer... Hackenberg is the name of a OLer. ;)

Serious now: Tonight is the night. My first game since what? 2 months? Tonight is the night, when my final rant becomes true. My well thought pick: IND 23, DEN 10...
Side note: If the game was played in Indy my pick would have been something like 23-3 vs Nervous Playoff Peyton. Hope I make it sober until at least the half. ;) I know it will be a beer filled evening. :D

NE gained just 14 yards rushing. That must be a record low for a postseason WIN ((I think the Steel Curtain might have held some losing opponent to less than that). Couldn't run the ball at all, passed on 80% of their plays, Ravens knew what was coming (except for that trick play), and still couldn't stop them.

Wilson kept his recovered fumble streak alive, now at twelve without a turnover. I wonder what the record for this is. I'm pretty sure the last time he lost a fumble was on the opening drive vs. the 49ers in the NFC championship game last year. That led to a quick 3-0 lead for the 49ers.

Word is that he will become the highest paid QB in the NFL next season, with a multi-year contract at more than $20 million a year. I know one poster here who saw this coming.

TRENDING THREADS