• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

National Football League

Page 431 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
So is today the day Andy Reid team chokes. You know it's gonna happen.
He's choked in the past, but why today? Against Houston of all teams?
IMO, resting the team was a HORRIBLE idea....you'll remember that I warned against this several weeks ago. BUT, we can't take anything away from the Titans because they had a great game plan, and they nailed it.
Yes, I said the same thing, agree completely. Also agree you can't take anything away from the Titans, they played an excellent game.

Reactions: jmdirt
Yea, Ravens had 8 drives end in Titans territory and came away with 12. Need to be better, sometimes take the points, and they never got the rust off from 3 weeks off.
Titans 36
Titans 31
Titans 4
Titans 18
Titans 31
Titans 15
Titans 16
Titans 21

On the other spectrum, Dolphin fans are not happy that Tannehill is performing good away from Miami because they had them. I always thought that he had the talent and this year is a better year than his 16 one when he was taking them to the playoffs (and I think they could have won with him over Moore in Pittsburgh).

Last edited:
He's choked in the past, but why today? Against Houston of all teams?

Games not over but it isn't looking good right now for Chiefs. Which begs the question, were the Chiefs and Ravens overhyped or the Titans and Texans underhyped. I would think it's 25/75%.

Edit: and just like that the Chiefs explosive offense came through.

With an even bigger choke job by the Texans.

Last edited:
Yea, Ravens had 8 drives end in Titans territory and came away with 12. Need to be better, sometimes take the points, and they never got the rust off from 3 weeks off.
Titans 36
Titans 31
Titans 4
Titans 18
Titans 31
Titans 15
Titans 16
Titans 21

On the other spectrum, Dolphin fans are not happy that Tannehill is performing good away from Miami because they had them. I always thought that he had the talent and this year is a better year than his 16 one when he was taking them to the playoffs (and I think they could have won with him over Moore in Pittsburgh).
Better coaching ? Who knows ? The times I have seen Tannehill this season, he has looked good and also now in the playoffs.

My summery: Each team 'gifted' the other 21 points, then HOU kicked a FG and KC scored a TD...4 point game at half time. The rest is simple, KC scored 23 in the second half while HOU only scored 7. When KC's offense is moving they are pretty tough to beat!

Yea, Texans got completely molly whopped after the 1st quarter. Maybe to much confidence but O' Brian could be on his way out. Texans have had multiple playoff games were they just weren't ready.

Better coaching ? Who knows ? The times I have seen Tannehill this season, he has looked good and also now in the playoffs.

That's what a couple have said is on coaching and even more blamed Gase and to an extent Philbin(none of which have really done much as head coaches). He was doing good with the fill in coach when Philbin was fired but I'm forgetting his name. I'm hoping Flores keeps on progressing and gets the Dolphins better.

Yea, Texans got completely molly whopped after the 1st quarter. Maybe to much confidence but O' Brian could be on his way out. Texans have had multiple playoff games were they just weren't ready.
Watson will have unusual looking stats on a team that lost by so much. The Bills dominated the first half against the Texans albeit with less points on the board but the momentum shifted quickly in that game as well. They will be meeting a better defensive team next week who have already beaten them this season. Should be a good game. Can't see the Titans changing much so it will be the Titans disciplne against the Chiefs flamboyance on offense. Who would have thought that the Saints, Ravens and Patriots were not going to win a game in the playoffs and that the Titans were responsible for two of those losses. They were hardly mentioned by the media before the playoffs started.

Reactions: Alpe d'Huez
Looks like they survive today. 20 point lead with 8 to go. Defense took a holiday in this game. Should be an interesting game with the Titans.
That's all Mahomes. What team could spot the opposing team 24 pts and then come back with ease hanging 51 on them when all is said and done. Simply amazing what Mahomes has done for this team. One and done in the playoffs for several years with Alex Smith and now two consecutive trips to the AFC Championship in Mahomes' first two years as the starter. And what can you say about Kelce? He was questionable with the hamstring injury but sucked it up and played magnificently. It would be nice to see KC get to the SB after a 50 year hiatus.

Last edited:
That's all Mahomes. What team could spot the opposing team 24 pts and then come back with ease hanging 51 on them when all is said and done. Simply amazing what Mahomes has done for this team. One and done in the playoffs for several years with Alex Smith and now two consecutive trips to the AFC Championship in Mahomes' first two years as the starter. And what can say about Kelce? He was questionable with the hamstring injury but sucked it up and played magnificently. It would be nice to see KC get to the SB after a 50 year hiatus.
No doubt that Kelce along with Kittle are the best TE's in the league.

Reactions: SHAD0W93
So we have Chiefs vs Titans and 49ers vs Packers. They both should be good games and I'm hoping for a Titans vs Packers Super Bowl. If Niners win, Grappolo would be at 3 and could catch up to Brady on the down low.

Not going to lie, I thought Packers were going to lose vintage 2014 the way the game became.

Well, the Chiefs are not the Ravens, they picked themselves up and promptly went on to overrun the Texans, who forgot that they still needed to play three more quarters.

The Seahawks were in a similar position, and they too had all the momentum but Malik Turner dropped a CRUCIAL pass in the 4th, Pete Carroll's stubbornness and a couple 3rd down stops the Hawks couldn't make and that's all she wrote. The Packers are one of the weakest 13-3 teams, ever, IMO.

I will be shocked if they beat the Niners.

SEA has to have a better O-Line! It was lack of skill before and injuries now, but whatever the case, they have to be better if they want to get to another SB when they have a QB like RW. IF RW wasn't the QB there could have easily been 10-12 sacks tonight. The lack of a running game (due to injuries at RB and poor O-Line) makes it even tougher. The defense needs to improve too this off season.

GB will likely have to be much better to win next week, but they figured it out this week.

Well, the Chiefs are not the Ravens, they picked themselves up and promptly went on to overrun the Texans, who forgot that they still needed to play three more quarters.

The Seahawks were in a similar position, and they too had all the momentum but Malik Turner dropped a CRUCIAL pass in the 4th, Pete Carroll's stubbornness and a couple 3rd down stops the Hawks couldn't make and that's all she wrote. The Packers are one of the weakest 13-3 teams, ever, IMO.

I will be shocked if they beat the Niners.
Maybe one of the weakest 13-3 teams (there's also NO)...but nonetheless they're back in the NFC Championship game. Considering this team missed the playoffs in 2017 (for the first time since 08) and again last year with that terrible 6-9-1 record, I'd say the Pack is Back (credit the coaching change on this one).

They might get hammered again by the Niners or they might pull off an upset...who knows (I would have never thought that the Titans could go into Baltimore and stick it to them like that). I'm hoping the Pack can pull it off and if KC takes care of business - you'd have the two teams that played in Superbowl I (Lombardi-Stram era). Now that would be nostalgic.

Last edited:
Reactions: movingtarget
SEA has to have a better O-Line! It was lack of skill before and injuries now, but whatever the case, they have to be better if they want to get to another SB when they have a QB like RW. IF RW wasn't the QB there could have easily been 10-12 sacks tonight. The lack of a running game (due to injuries at RB and poor O-Line) makes it even tougher. The defense needs to improve too this off season.

GB will likely have to be much better to win next week, but they figured it out this week.
Yessiree to the OL upgrade, but tonight it didn't help they were down to a 3rd string LG. But they also need to upgrade the DC & move on from Norton. As for tonight's game, tell me why the Hawks don't put the whole game in RWs hands, instead of just the 2nd half?

I expect SF will destroy GB next week. I can hope anyway.

Great win by TEN. Looking fwd to a great matchup in next week's game at KC.

Reactions: movingtarget
I see he and Amendola are still friends. Hey, there's a receiver the Pats sure could have used this season. :relaxed:

I'll both be surprised if GB can go to SF and win, but I'll also be surprised if the 49ers blow them out like they did in November.

The Titans will have to do to KC what they did to Baltimore, play mistake free, grind the ball out, and make key plays. Even then, I'll still take the Chiefs.

KC really did show they had something that Baltimore did not. And to watch that game one day after they lost has to be a lesson that hit the Ravens in the gut as they watched KC come back the way they did, not getting rattled, staying true to who they were, and pulling through. Great poise by Mahomes, and great coaching by Reid.

If a coach were to be fired here, how about canning Bill O'Brien and giving Eric Biemeny, the coach that just whipped him, that job?

Reactions: Nomad and SHAD0W93
So, both Jimmy Johnson and Bill Cowher have made the hall of fame, but Tom Flores, once again isn't selected? Johnson I get, but Cowher? Really? He inherited a great team, had several years when his team botched it in the playoffs (including a 15-1 year where the Pats trounced them), and his one SB win was the worst officiated SB in history (even the head ref admitted they blew it) in a game they were lucky to even play in after the Manning led Colts blew a sure chance to beat them. He may be more accomplished as a media personality.

Flores has 4 SB rings, one as a player, one an assistant, and two as an HC. He had a knack of taking players thought to be finished, or teams thought to have marginal talent, and turning them into winners. In both SB wins as a coach his teams were big underdogs, who won and won big. Flores was also the first Hispanic QB in the NFL, and first Hispanic coach.

I see he and Amendola are still friends. Hey, there's a receiver the Pats sure could have used this season. :relaxed:

I'll both be surprised if GB can go to SF and win, but I'll also be surprised if the 49ers blow them out like they did in November.

The Titans will have to do to KC what they did to Baltimore, play mistake free, grind the ball out, and make key plays. Even then, I'll still take the Chiefs.

KC really did show they had something that Baltimore did not. And to watch that game one day after they lost has to be a lesson that hit the Ravens in the gut as they watched KC come back the way they did, not getting rattled, staying true to who they were, and pulling through. Great poise by Mahomes, and great coaching by Reid.

If a coach were to be fired here, how about canning Bill O'Brien and giving Eric Biemeny, the coach that just whipped him, that job?
Be interested to see what adjustments GB make against the 49ers. I don't see the 49ers changing much after what they did to GB last time and that was without some of their defense and Breida. To be honest I would be shocked if the 49ers lost. GB beat a Seattle team riddled by injuries who also had a hard schedule like the 49er at the end of the season and the NFC West is probably the best division in the league at the moment. The Rams were just one win away from also qualifying for the playoffs. The Hawks last two games showed that they are struggling especially with the o line and run game. Their injuries came at a critical time while the 49ers luckily had the majority of their injured players back last week. The bye week was critical for the 49ers. Been an unpredictable playoffs so far but last week the games were mostly close and this week they were one sided wins except for GB. I'm still not convinced by GB especially against the remaining three teams.

Last edited:
Be interested to see what adjustments GB make against the 49ers. I don't see the 49ers changing much after what they did to GB last time and that was without Kittle and some of their defense ! To be honest I would be shocked if the 49ers lost. GB beat a Seattle team riddled by injuries who also had a hard schedule like the 49er at the end of the season and the NFC West is probably the best division in the league at the moment. The Rams were just one win away from also qualifying for the playoffs. The Hawks last two games showed that they are struggling especially with the o line and run game. Their injuries came at a critical time while the 49ers luckily had the majority of their injured players back last week. The bye week was critical for the 49ers. Been an unpredictable playoffs so far but last week the games were mostly close and this week they were one sided wins except for GB. I'm still not convinced by GB especially against the remaining three teams.
it's interesting you mention the Rams in a post about the Packers... Lafleur having come from McVay's crew, then GB improving while the Rams slide backwards...

TRENDING THREADS