• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

National Football League

Page 515 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Bitter defeat for the Broncos. When it was announced at the last minute that Mayfield wasn't going to play, I had the Broncos getting the W on this one. Lol. Keenum showed up to play. The Denver D stunk basically playing the 2nd string O of Cleveland. Lol. Bridgewater didn't play well but played hurt with a quad & ankle injury. 4 game losing streak now & not looking good to be in playoff contention in what looks like to be a weak AFC West.

Mayfield's left shoulder injury is pretty significant: He'll need 4-6 months to recover from surgery if no further damage is done. This is going to get interesting if he decides to forego surgery & play out the rest of the season. I'm sure he'll be a target in every game.

Chiefs could honestly miss the playoffs and finish with 9 loses the way they’re playing. They look defeated as of now but can still turn it around.

Lions going for all the marbles today! Onside kick and a fake punt!
And Evans gave up the 600 touchdown for Brady to a fan. Brady definitely misses Gronk with his throws to the TEs today.
And Mahomes isn't helping but the team isn't firing while the Bengals are on the rise. The Titans have picked up in the past few weeks.

Reactions: jmdirt
GB vs. WFT
Ten vs. KC
TB vs. CHI

Nice, I don’t remember what we had in the morning but it wasn’t Ten vs KC then Tb vs Chi and PHI vs LVR.

Which was fine I had Bucs but they missed quite a bit with drops or miss throws but what are you going to do. Something I find funny is a lot of people saying 600 is a legacy award but no one was saying that for Manning or Brees when they took over touchdown and passing leader. Not even counting them being in a passing happy offense, dome, and Brees getting more garbage time stats.

KC has some soul searching. Be back at 0.500 next week (hopefully) but every chance to lose to Raiders.
Detroit gave their all but they just weren’t good enough. 1 onside kick and 2 fake punts! Heck they should have just went for it on fourth every time.

Nice, I don’t remember what we had in the morning but it wasn’t Ten vs KC then Tb vs Chi and PHI vs LVR.

Which was fine I had Bucs but they missed quite a bit with drops or miss throws but what are you going to do. Something I find funny is a lot of people saying 600 is a legacy award but no one was saying that for Manning or Brees when they took over touchdown and passing leader. Not even counting them being in a passing happy offense, dome, and Brees getting more garbage time stats.

KC has some soul searching. Be back at 0.500 next week (hopefully) but every chance to lose to Raiders.
Detroit gave their all but they just weren’t good enough. 1 onside kick and 2 fake punts! Heck they should have just went for it on fourth every time.
I think the Raiders have a good chance to win that game. Carr is doing better than Mahomes and the Raiders beat them last season when the Chiefs were looking a lot better than they currently are.

Reactions: SHAD0W93
I saw that. Brady said they’d probably give him a signed jersey or helmet and I’m like the guy deserves a lot more than that. Even more I don’t think anyone knew about it besides Nantz so by the time they were negotiating with the guy who got it he could not have known the value.

Last edited:
Reactions: movingtarget
10-10 in Seattle and NO got a big sack to push SEA field goal back. Honestly, I feel like they deserve to tie. And Seattle they look like they gave it up with that encroachment penalty barring turnover or missed field goal. SP looks like he wants to strangle Winston after that sack. 2 min warning.

Last edited:
I saw that. Brady said they’d probably give him a signed jersey or helmet and I’m like the guy deserves a lot more than that. Even more I don’t think anyone knew about it besides Nantz so by the time they were negotiating with the guy who got it he could not have known the value.
He got 2 signed Brady jerseys and a signed football helmet. Game day signed Evans jersey and cleats, $1000 credit on Bucs store, 2 season tickets for this and next year, and 1 bit coin.

Scrappy game between the Hawks and Saints. Plenty of mistakes on both teams. Seems its not happening for the Hawks and 49ers this season unless something miraculous happens but the NFC West is always a long battle. Eventually Wilson will be back and the 49ers will get some injured players back but it may not be enough and could be too late.

Reactions: SHAD0W93
Scrappy game between the Hawks and Saints. Plenty of mistakes on both teams. Seems its not happening for the Hawks and 49ers this season unless something miraculous happens but the NFC West is always a long battle. Eventually Wilson will be back and the 49ers will get some injured players back but it may not be enough and could be too late.
They didn't look so great with Wilson so him coming back doesn't necessarily mean anything. Too many issues...

Bitter defeat for the Broncos.
I liked your post, mostly because I'm a Raiders fan. ;)

TBH, I'm still not entirely sold on the Raiders as a serious contender, though Carr had a superstar game, and they are playing better now that they have a decent coach.
Mayfield's left shoulder injury is pretty significant:
My gut tells me he'll sit for several weeks, and if it seems possible he can throw, and not suffer major injury after getting hit (as he will get targeted, as you say), and the Browns are in contention at that point, he'll play. But if we get to week 12 or so and he's still hurting, and the Browns are stuck around .500 in that division, he may as well get the surgery done and over with.

While they will win games, and with Mahomes their offense remains explosive and dangerous, I'd be really surprised if KC wins a playoff game, even if they make the playoffs. They are weak on both sides of the line, O and D, and that usually kills teams in tough games. Like, almost always. Or...always.

I know everyone is amazed by Arizona, and the thumping they gave the Rams was no fluke. But if the playoffs started next week, I'd fully expect Tampa to find a way to beat them. They have had bad quarters, lapses,and are missing players, but they still seem to have an "it" factor that tells me they are built to win when it matters most, more than AZ even.

Despite the loss to Tennessee and "paltry" 4-2 record, I still think Buffalo is the best team in the AFC, and one of the most stacked, potent teams in the entire league.

Cincy looks like a playoff team, or do they?

They didn't look so great with Wilson so him coming back doesn't necessarily mean anything. Too many issues...
Maybe, maybe not. Either way he can't will the defense into a support cast for the offense. Last night Geno looked lost just when it counted. 3 games in a row of that has to break some confidence. This, against a Saints team that didn't look much better. Except for AK.

I liked your post, mostly because I'm a Raiders fan. ;)

TBH, I'm still not entirely sold on the Raiders as a serious contender, though Carr had a superstar game, and they are playing better now that they have a decent coach.

My gut tells me he'll sit for several weeks, and if it seems possible he can throw, and not suffer major injury after getting hit (as he will get targeted, as you say), and the Browns are in contention at that point, he'll play. But if we get to week 12 or so and he's still hurting, and the Browns are stuck around .500 in that division, he may as well get the surgery done and over with.

While they will win games, and with Mahomes their offense remains explosive and dangerous, I'd be really surprised if KC wins a playoff game, even if they make the playoffs. They are weak on both sides of the line, O and D, and that usually kills teams in tough games. Like, almost always. Or...always.

I know everyone is amazed by Arizona, and the thumping they gave the Rams was no fluke. But if the playoffs started next week, I'd fully expect Tampa to find a way to beat them. They have had bad quarters, lapses,and are missing players, but they still seem to have an "it" factor that tells me they are built to win when it matters most, more than AZ even.

Despite the loss to Tennessee and "paltry" 4-2 record, I still think Buffalo is the best team in the AFC, and one of the most stacked, potent teams in the entire league.

Cincy looks like a playoff team, or do they?
The 49ers as average as they are at the moment held the Cardinals to 17 points and lost the the game by 7. That doesn't look particularly good for the Cardinals but it was a divisional game and the 49ers defense has been the only thing keeping them in games. On the other side of things the Cardinals are easily the best defensive team the Niners have faced this season. I think the Cardinals GM has done a good job with the draft and free agency and now they also have Ertz cheap. As a unit they look pretty solid to me and I have more faith in them than the Bengals or some other teams but the Bengals are on the ascent it seems. The Raiders are the team that has surprised me and Carr seems to be back in 2016 form when a playoff run looked possible before he broke his leg. The Bills are doing what I expected them to and they added some good pieces to their offense like Sanders. The Chiefs have dropped off while the Cowboys are traveling well at the moment. GB look pretty solid .

Last edited:
Wilson could come back next week, miraculously run the table and the record wouldn't get them out of the Division hole they're in. Playoffs are long gone for them. Maybe they could combine with the 49ers and make one team?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts