• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

National Football League

Page 527 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
And it turns out AB got vaccinated for real before the season started when he got to training camp. So he initially lied and did not get it but then got it for real before the season started. How the plot thickens. I don’t know if it is the same for the other two but I feel like NFL being even more silly now. So now it’s not lying and breaking protocol, he lied, got it for real, and followed protocol.

View: https://youtu.be/H8Hkmgd-sRE

I think WTF is going on with this is the correct question.

Reactions: jmdirt
Considering how bad they’ve looked in most of their games so far, I think the Seahawks played a half decent football game. I honestly thought they would lose all of their remaining games, but maybe now they’ll take a couple more. Maybe not though. So many issues, particularly on offense. Pete still reluctant to play 21st century football…

Do some actually think Wilson will end up being a 49er next season?!? That would be something else if that happens. Maybe more shocking than Brady signing with the Giants or Colts.
Yeah one of those types of games. Both teams looked great and horrible in patches but Seattle was pretty solid in the first half and then the Niners helped them out............

I really hadn't thought about where he might go because I'm hoping that he stays. That being said, he will be pretty picky (DET, NYJ... shouldn't get their hopes up). His wife has a home in GA so maybe he just drops the SEA and goes Hawks? I also heard someone say something about the Texans, but I just don't see that either.

I really hope that SEA can do what it takes to keep him and build a winner around him.
Shanahan made it pretty clear that Lance would sit this season even though they spent a lot to get him. Don't see Russell going to the Niners. Jimmy will be traded post season and then they get a full off season with Lance. Before the Bears signed Fields I thought Russ might go to Chicago if he left. The Dolphins and the Panthers were pushing hard to get Watson but his legal status re the next 12 months scared them off. Quite a few teams of course would take Russ. Giants, Denver,Pittsburgh are probably the best bets along with the Dolphins and Panthers. Jets ? Russ probably prefers to go to one of the big city teams. The bigger question is what will make Russ stay in Seattle ? If he does leave I'm betting on Miami or Pittsburgh as his destination.

If Lance doesn't work out at the 49ers then Shanahan is probably done coaching there. York will give him a few seasons to work it out but he has been known to be trigger happy on hiring and firing, just ask Chip Kelly who got one season with a mediocre roster, and in four seasons Kyle has made the playoffs once with this season on the edge at the moment. The fact that the Niners missed on drafting Mahomes and Watson and decided to build their defense instead, decided against signing Brady and stuck with Jimmy won't help Kyle in the long run unless Lance lives up to the hype. Chip Kelly also wanted to draft Dak and Trent Baalke nixed it. So the Niners have some history with QB misses in the draft all the way back to Rodgers being overlooked by them in his draft year. Lance has played so little football in the past two seasons that no one really knows what he is capable of yet. Seen enough this season to know that he is at least athletic...........

I think WTF is going on with this is the correct question.
AB and the NFL being AB and the NFL.

Great game by Patriots to stuff it down. Ills throat and continue to do so. They’ve been ramped since their 2-4 start and playing well and the Bills blew their lead which looks like what is happening with AFC West as well.

That stinks for the Seahawks and that they’re winding down. I was never really a fan though rooted for them against Steelers in the Super Bowl. I think their defining games with Wilson was Super Bowl 48 and the beat down on the Broncos and against Packers in the NFCGC when they had all their turnovers, had a miracle 2 point conversion and onside kick, and won the game.

Reactions: Koronin and jmdirt
Demaryus Thomas found dead in his home. Judging by the reactions from players / coaches / media he was a positive character. We will miss him :(

Vikings looked like they were going to blow out the Steelers but mistakes let the Steelers back into it. That last play was very close. Once again some weird decisions by the refs but the taunting penalty by the Vikings was plain dumb. Ben made some nice throws in the second half and Cousins had one of his schizo games. Dalvin Cook was unstoppable in the first half.

Last edited:
Reactions: jmdirt and SHAD0W93
Vikings looked like they were going to blow out the Steelers but mistakes let the Steelers back into it. That last play was very close. Once gain some weird decisions by the refs but the taunting penalty by the Vikings was plain dumb. Ben made some nice throws in the second half and Cousins had one of his schizo games. Dalvin Cook was unstoppable in the first half.
Vikings are the ultimate schizo team really. Can destroy any opponent for a few drives and then completely go to sleep for an entire half of football. Impossible to predict.

im really curious about few things this week:

can justin herbert finally have two good games in a row
can patrick mahomes stop throwing sidearms
can ravens and bears fans stop complaining about their offensive lines - the whole idea of mobile QB is that when pocket collapses there are still plays available
can joe burrow stop being brett favre
can kyle shannahan put trey lance in for couple of plays so he doesnt look like a total bust
can covid cowboy mike mccarthy lead his team to victory with great clock management
can washington play a different game than 17-15
can josh allen throw the ball 70 times
can tom brady help patriots one more time
can atlanta and carolina play a watchable game
can baker mayfield be in more commercials
can saints start the semen demon trevor siemian
can zach wilson throw catchable ball
can trevor lawrence throw a touchdown
can mike vrabel explode if they lose to jaguars
can teddy bridgewater shine at least against lions
can aaron rodgers show us his toe
can kliff kingsbury and sean mcvay make out on the sideline

im really curious about few things this week:

can justin herbert finally have two good games in a row Yes
can patrick mahomes stop throwing sidearms No, but he should
can ravens and bears fans stop complaining about their offensive lines No - the whole idea of mobile QB is that when pocket collapses there are still plays available MM...EHH...sort of, not really...
can joe burrow stop being brett favre No
can kyle shannahan put trey lance in for couple of plays so he doesnt look like a total bust If he doesn't play he isn't a bust
can covid cowboy mike mccarthy lead his team to victory with great clock management No
can washington play a different game than 17-15 They like the number 17 for sure (and other mid teen scores)
can josh allen throw the ball 70 times No
can tom brady help patriots one more time Yes
can atlanta and carolina play a watchable game Not likely
can baker mayfield be in more commercials No, not enough commercial time slots
can saints start the semen demon trevor siemian :eek:
can zach wilson throw catchable ball 1:10
can trevor lawrence throw a touchdown Yes
can mike vrabel explode if they lose to jaguars :D
can teddy bridgewater shine at least against lions Yes
can aaron rodgers show us his toe I hope not
can kliff kingsbury and sean mcvay make out on the sideline ...again?

Reactions: SHAD0W93
Let me dissect DAL, more specifically Dak:
-Dak is talented, physically gifted, (whatever turn of words you want to use here).
-Dak does not read the field well.
--Dak changes the plays too much at the line based on his misreads.
--DAL would have won at least two more games this year if Dak would have just stayed with the called play (DEN, KC).
--He has good numbers in part because they will drive 80 yards and then Dak error, error... Drive 60 yards and then error, error, error... My eye test tells me that he's much better on his side of the field than the opponents side of the field (especially inside the 20).

His numbers are pretty solid so far this year, but they don't reflect his bad decisions that are keeping him/DAL form being dominant.

My suggestion: stay with the play that KM sends in more often! Relax under pressure!

They have had some injury issues that probably affect Dak's head. He needs EE to be healthy because part of his mental strength comes from his friend eating up yards (Dak is better if EE runs for 100 yards than if TP does the same even though 100 yards is 100 yards) (note TP is also injured now).

Brady about to make it 33-3. He is still the AFCE’s boogeyman. There was a funny YouTube comment that Darth Sidious left the Bills mangled and Darth Vader is coming to clean it up.

Edit. Only thing I wish is that it was in Buffalo so he can add to his win count in their stadium.

Last edited:
Brady about to make it 33-3. He is still the AFCE’s boogeyman. There was a funny YouTube comment that Darth Sidious left the Bills mangled and Darth Vader is coming to clean it up.

Edit. Only thing I wish is that it was in Buffalo so he can add to his win count in their stadium.

Buffalo came to play in the second half coming back down 24-3 to tie at 27-27 but Bucs pull out the win with a touchdown in overtime after Bills punt and pin them on their 6. Both teams over 300 yards passing and 100 yards rushing with 1 rb. Bills I’m the second half came back strung to not only stop TB from moving the ball but completely tiring out TB defense. I honestly thought they’d lose going into overtime and with Romo saying the last time Brady lost to the bills and only time he lost a game leading 21 into the half was against Buffalo 10 years ago. Allen played great with 109 yards rushing, both quarterbacks 2 touchdowns and a rushing touchdown, Brady racked up like a 14 yard run. Brady fought out of a sack by his face mask to complete a third down but offsetting holding and they don’t convert leading Bills to score. Gronk with some big catches and the Bills defense getting 2 huge knockouts on deep catches Gronk had.

Honestly a crazy game, and saw it all at our mental health clinicals with the patients and that almost started a fight between a Brady and Bucs fan.

--He has good numbers in part because they will drive 80 yards and then Dak error, error... Drive 60 yards and then error, error, error... My eye test tells me that he's much better on his side of the field than the opponents side of the field (especially inside the 20).
That’s the hardest thing, scoring the less room there is and grinding down the field repeatedly. As much as Brady, Manning, or Brees got hit with the dinking and dunking label but it is extremely hard to have 10 plus play drives repeatedly and score. Take KC, a phenomenal offense and they start coming apart on long play drives.

I think the best example of dinking and dunking vs huge plays is NE vs KC AFCCG
NE went:
15 plays 8:05
11 plays 5:56
8 plays 4:25
8 plays 2:41
6 plays 2:37
6 plays 3:36
9 plays 5:18
2 plays 0:44
10 plays 4:13
6 plays 1:24
1 play 0:08
13 plays 4:52
and put up 37 points vs

5 plays 2:22
3 plays 1:40
7 plays 4:24
1 play 0:27
4 plays 2:04
5 plays 2:41
9 plays 4:11
3 plays 0:54
2 plays 0:10
5 plays 1:29
4 plays 0:31
and put up 31.

They went over 5 plays twice while NE had 4 plays 10 or more and had 23:06 more time of possession and NE having double their first downs with 4 coming from penalties and double the amount of plays. That is extremely hard to do because mistakes start to happen.

Last edited:
Some crazy 'cluster' scoring today: one team up big only to be close at the end.
W for SEA!
CHI in the game with GB at half...EDIT: but not in the second half.
I feel like that’s every game this year. Almost all the prime time games have been crazy and down to the wirer even if the teams aren’t performing as well as projected. Honestly the worst game in Vegas we have been zoned for was today’s LVR vs KC complete and utter beat down.

Not good for Allen. It looked like the play that caused it was more his knees when he was coming down. Hopefully he is fine and Bills need him in the right AFC wildcard.

And this might be the closest the NFL has ever been to be so even for all the division leaders and playoff placing. No division or playoff spot is locked up yet and it’s about to be week 15. 5 teams tied for wildcard in both with 2 a game back. AFC has anyone could be 1 seed. NFC has ARI still holding on but could lose it to GB or TB.

Last edited:
Rams dominated both battles in the trenches. Donald was a monster (15 pressures!) and made life hell for Murray, while the Cards front seven rarely got to Stafford. Cardinals O-Line had a ton of penalties too.
Murray threw a couple of terrible INTs + a few other very inaccurate passes, but kept his team alive with scrambles and crazy throws that only he and maybe Rodgers/Mahomes can do. Stafford was much better though, possibly his best game as a Ram.

All things considered, I was surprised to see the Cardinals still alive late in the 4th quarter. Kingsbury didn't make good use of those chances, but the team's potential is real.

TRENDING THREADS