• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

National Football League

Page 550 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Wait...HERE IS THE EARTH shakin........news about seattle:

The Seattle Seahawks have been linked to a number of free agent and trade-worthy quarterbacks since trading Russell Wilson earlier this month. But today they made their decision on who will lead the team in 2022.

According to Seahawks insider Gregg Bell, the Seahawks appear content to go with Drew Lock as their starter for the 2022 season. Lock recently signed a one-year deal with the Seahawks worth under $1.5 million.

The former Denver Broncos quarterback is 8-13 as a starter and went 0-3 last season. He has 4,740 passing yards and 23 touchdowns with 20 interceptions in 24 career games played.

The only other quarterback on the Seahawks roster right now is Jacob Eason, who has five career snaps. Suffice it to say, Lock has Eason beaten out from an experience standpoint.

and that's what you do with the Lebenty-million you've saved up shipping off talent.
I can't imagine that's the last thing they do. Hello!

The Seattle Seahawks have been linked to a number of free agent and trade-worthy quarterbacks since trading Russell Wilson earlier this month. But today they made their decision on who will lead the team in 2022.

According to Seahawks insider Gregg Bell, the Seahawks appear content to go with Drew Lock as their starter for the 2022 season. Lock recently signed a one-year deal with the Seahawks worth under $1.5 million.

The former Denver Broncos quarterback is 8-13 as a starter and went 0-3 last season. He has 4,740 passing yards and 23 touchdowns with 20 interceptions in 24 career games played.

The only other quarterback on the Seahawks roster right now is Jacob Eason, who has five career snaps. Suffice it to say, Lock has Eason beaten out from an experience standpoint.

and that's what you do with the Lebenty-million you've saved up shipping off talent.
WTF!

Oh really? I thought he was still under contract for 1 more year?
He is but the cap hit after June is more favourable and no team keeps a 25 mill per season back up. They pretty much told him at the end of last season that they were moving forward with Lance and they would try and secure a trade for him to a team he preferred. And he just had shoulder surgery on this throwing arm and can't even practice till mid year.

Reactions: jmdirt and SHAD0W93

I've thought a little more about this and the only upsides to Lock is that he is inexpensive, and not expected to be a winner (it will be easy for them/everyone to say "well, with Lock at QB1 your can't expect much").

Reactions: Alpe d'Huez
Baker starting to seem like the Old Maid in the league. Maybe there's a bigger fire than seems where there's smoke from his ego? It can't just be his surgically fixed shoulder.

I agree with the others the only issue Matt Ryan has is age. He can make mistakes late in games, but he also has a lot of 4Q comebacks. It's like he's willing to take risks late in games to win. Sometimes it's paid off, sometimes not. But he's a seasoned leader, and former MVP. A solid upgrade over Wentz, and I think a better choice than Mayfield. At least for 2022, 2023.

I've drawn the conclusion that the 49ers think they are built to win it all now, and that they can't do that with Lance. Despite all they gave up for Lance - I think they thought he would be the next Lamar Jackson, or Josh Allen maybe - he hasn't shown he's ready to be a starting QB in the league. That, and because of his mobility, they'd need to change their offense some going from Jimmy G.

I see the Seahawks are tanking for Bryce Young or C.J. Stroud in 2023. :nomouth:

Actually, every player may be less disciplined than Wilson.
Tom Brady is still in the league. :sunglasses:

Last edited:
Well this less tremorous dispatch from NFL e-gossips:
Earlier this afternoon, NFL insider Ian Rapoport named two potential landing spots for Cleveland Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield.

Rapoport named the Seattle Seahawks and Carolina Panthers as contender for the former No. 1 overall pick. “The Browns are gonna have to eat some of that salary and I think he ends up with the Seahawks or Panthers,” Rapoport said on Tuesday.

Well, at least one of those teams appears to have made a decision on Mayfield. According to a report from Panthers insider David Newton, the team is not interested in the former Heisman Trophy winner.

“Regarding reports that the Panthers are interested in Cleveland QB Baker Mayfield, I am told that’s not true,” Newton said.

Cleveland made waves last week when the team traded for star quarterback Deshaun Watson. The Browns gave up three first-round picks, a third-round pick and two fourth-round picks for the former Houston Texans quarterback.

That massive trade meant Baker Mayfield’s time with the Browns was at an end. The Indianapolis Colts were a popular landing spot for Baker after the Watson trade news broke.

However, the Colts decided to trade for Atlanta Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan instead. Now, the Panthers seem to be out of the Baker Mayfield sweepstakes as well.

The Seahawks seem to be the lone team left, but will they trade for Baker?

One can wonder if Pete really wants to dance with the last guy leaning against the gym wall and the band starts playing the dreaded slow number.
The Draft is coming up and they have eyes on some WonderRookies. Maybe that's the plan?

This off-season is just as crazy as the season was.

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1506670698835623951?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1506673508625141763?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

There goes Hill’s dynasty talk and going off Jones’s saying they will win 7 instead of 5 Super Bowls to pass Michael Jordan. Even besides that I think it is huge even though we all knew Mahomes contract was going to come knocking but didn’t think it would affect Hill or Kelce. For Mahomes, he and the offense benefited a lot from having him as Hill matches Mahomes backyard style and opens Kelce up. With how inconsistent the offense was last year, they could be in trouble if it’s not fixed this off-season.

also this report on the contract.

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1506679359280660482?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Last edited:
Wow somebody actually wrote ...old maid!!!! Bravo..! I know that QB is the eternal special sauce but all these leftovers have not succeeding in part because no offensive line!! JG would be crazy to go someplace and get sacked more than he already does!!
Compared to many other QBs especially Burrow, Jimmy isn't sacked that often but he has always been one to hold the ball for too long instead of dumping it off.

Reactions: jmdirt

TRENDING THREADS