• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

National Football League

Page 600 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
If the Titans fire Mike Vrabel that would be a big mistake. I do think it's possible Tannehill is done. At least there. Could be a back-up, or desperate starter for some team.

I like where Dallas is sitting. But going to SF or Philly will be tough, unless the Eagles stay really banged up.

As to team building, I'll echo what Stan Brock told me. Sure you need a top QB, key playmakers. But play after play, down after down, games are won and lost at the line of scrimmage, in the trenches. Granted, he was an offensive lineman, but he had a valid point. You look at some of the best teams in history, most consistent winners, and they all had solid lines, depth on the OL and DL or front 7 on D. Look at SF right now if you want an example.

PFT thinks Jim Harbaugh could be Denver's next coach after one of the team owners said they were looking for a CEO type. PFT took that to mean someone who will be coach, VP of player personnel, all other coaches and staff will report to him, and he will report to the owner directly, not sometimes to the GM, occasionally the president, and the owner. Every team is a little different in this regard. But if you think of teams like New England and BB. Sean Payton of course. Tony Dungee when at Indy, Oakland under Gruden, pretty much Andy Reid, Mike Tomlin. This rules out nearly all OC's and DC's. likely all NCAA coaches with no NFL coaching experience. It will be a system where there's one guy, and he's the boss that makes all key decisions, and stands by them. That's what they want. Jim Harbaugh can be a jerk, but he isn't a wimp and won't be afraid of making unpopular decisions.

PFT didn't say it, but Jack DelRio fits that bill. He was fired by the Raiders because Gruden became available, and after a down year, it was easy to can him. But he was a good coach. If he got to Denver, and could hire Darrell Bevel to be the OC and "fix" Wilson... Del Rio did say some bunk things, and apparently had a thug mentality to some people. Still a linebacker at heart who grew up loving the old Raiders, the nasty Raiders (Alzado, Matuzak, Hendricks, Tatum, etc). Definitely not one to bite his tongue, afraid of making unpopular decisions. Hmmm, maybe the Raiders should hire him back!

I'll honestly stick with McDaniels though. I don't think the Raiders failed this season because of him. I've watched every game, and every press conference. I've also watched some of the coaches film, and when Kurt Warner analyzed them. Carr cost the team a couple games, so did a porous defense. The run game was solid, the OL did well, ST did okay. DL did okay. Secondary and LB need real help. A DT is badly needed to clog the middle on runs. Josh and the staff did cost the team at times, yes. But because he coached badly at Denver many years ago is no additional reason to can him, now. I will however say I was honestly surprised they didn't give Bissacia this year as well. Just hire a GM he can get along with, and let the coordinators do their work. Ziegler and McDaniels must have really impressed Davis. Morgan wasn't president at the time, but it's obvious Davis really respects her, and she seems to be on the same page. Carr still would have slipped, but I think the team may have been more disciplined. Better than 6-11. But that doesn't mean I instantly want McDaniels fired and think he is THE reason for the team struggling, and if they would only fire him, I'm sure the next guy will be great. No way. That's insane, knee-jerk thinking to me.

NFL.com and other sites seem to be saying wherever Sean Payton goes, he is requiring control to hire his own staff, and Vic Fangio will be his DC. Great DC, but there's no way he'd going back to Denver. So...? Some people say he's just going back to NO. This would be a very good time, because 2022 was salary cap hell for them. 2023 will be slightly better, but beyond that, they'll have a lot of room to build. They have a fair amount of talent now, so they wouldn't have to do a total rebuild.

Last edited:
If the Titans fire Mike Vrabel that would be a big mistake. I do think it's possible Tannehill is done. At least there. Could be a back-up, or desperate starter for some team.

I like where Dallas is sitting. But going to SF or Philly will be tough, unless the Eagles stay really banged up.

As to team building, I'll echo what Stan Brock told me. Sure you need a top QB, key playmakers. But play after play, down after down, games are won and lost at the line of scrimmage, in the trenches. Granted, he was an offensive lineman, but he had a valid point. You look at some of the best teams in history, most consistent winners, and they all had solid lines, depth on the OL and DL or front 7 on D. Look at SF right now if you want an example.

PFT thinks Jim Harbaugh could be Denver's next coach after one of the team owners said they were looking for a CEO type. PFT took that to mean someone who will be coach, VP of player personnel, all other coaches and staff will report to him, and he will report to the owner directly, not sometimes to the GM, occasionally the president, and the owner. Every team is a little different in this regard. But if you think of teams like New England and BB. Sean Payton of course. Tony Dungee when at Indy, Oakland under Gruden, pretty much Andy Reid, Mike Tomlin. This rules out nearly all OC's and DC's. likely all NCAA coaches with no NFL coaching experience. It will be a system where there's one guy, and he's the boss that makes all key decisions, and stands by them. That's what they want. Jim Harbaugh can be a jerk, but he isn't a wimp and won't be afraid of making unpopular decisions.

PFT didn't say it, but Jack DelRio fits that bill. He was fired by the Raiders because Gruden became available, and after a down year, it was easy to can him. But he was a good coach. If he got to Denver, and could hire Darrell Bevel to be the OC and "fix" Wilson... Del Rio did say some bunk things, and apparently had a thug mentality to some people. Still a linebacker at heart who grew up loving the old Raiders, the nasty Raiders (Alzado, Matuzak, Hendricks, Tatum, etc). Definitely not one to bite his tongue, afraid of making unpopular decisions. Hmmm, maybe the Raiders should hire him back!

I'll honestly stick with McDaniels though. I don't think the Raiders failed this season because of him. I've watched every game, and every press conference. I've also watched some of the coaches film, and when Kurt Warner analyzed them. Carr cost the team a couple games, so did a porous defense. The run game was solid, the OL did well, ST did okay. DL did okay. Secondary and LB need real help. A DT is badly needed to clog the middle on runs. Josh and the staff did cost the team at times, yes. But because he coached badly at Denver many years ago is no additional reason to can him, now. I will however say I was honestly surprised they didn't give Bissacia this year as well. Just hire a GM he can get along with, and let the coordinators do their work. Ziegler and McDaniels must have really impressed Davis. Morgan wasn't president at the time, but it's obvious Davis really respects her, and she seems to be on the same page. Carr still would have slipped, but I think the team may have been more disciplined. Better than 6-11. But that doesn't mean I instantly want McDaniels fired and think he is THE reason for the team struggling, and if they would only fire him, I'm sure the next guy will be great. No way. That's insane, knee-jerk thinking to me.

NFL.com and other sites seem to be saying wherever Sean Payton goes, he is requiring control to hire his own staff, and Vic Fangio will be his DC. Great DC, but there's no way he'd going back to Denver. So...? Some people say he's just going back to NO. This would be a very good time, because 2022 was salary cap hell for them. 2023 will be slightly better, but beyond that, they'll have a lot of room to build. They have a fair amount of talent now, so they wouldn't have to do a total rebuild.

Yes, I think Tannehill is probably gone. He has also been injured quite a lot.

Lots of talking head heads are picking Eagles v 49ers in the NFC with the usual concerns about Purdy in the playoffs. Many are expecting him to have a bad game soon it seems.

On paper the Raiders looked like a strong team at the beginning of the season.

I still think the Fangio is a good chance to return to the 49ers and I'm sure that the 49ers have already sounded him out about it re Demeco Ryans probably moving on. Fangio would probably love to work with a defense like that, although Fangio was also probably miffed when he didn't get the head coach's job in 2015 when Tomsula was hired.

Reactions: jmdirt
Man.. Oh man am I confused!! $121.5 million 3 year extension.. and possibly $33,000,000 in 2023? I must be reading it wrong.. So as a guy riding the pine, Carr will look attractive to who for what price? What does a possible new team need to pay the Raiders? Or will Carr be without a contract and the Raiders in 2023? And I also didn't realize that the team doctors were that all powerful.. if you get injured your contract is guaranteed!!
I am trying to remember the name of the NY Mets player.. want to say first baseman who went out of the league lame and got a few years paid of a gigantic contract!!?

RE Josh McD: Josh was a good OC if he had a QB who fit his scheme (he wouldn't be good with Jackson, Hurts, etc). He is not a good HC, IMO. His personality/leadership style just isn't suited for being a HC unless he has all of the perfect people around him. He didn't absorb enough BB or recognize the importance of how BB did things.

That being said, who else can come in and 'build' the raiders? Alpe and I have agreed on this for years, when you discuss getting rid of a coach or a player (especially a QB) you have to ask 'who out there is better? (better for that team)'.

No matter what LV decides to do at QB short term, they need to also be thinking long term. They need a really solid draft pick at QB. Keep in mind that Carr is in the top half of starting QBs in the league. Imagine if he could have cut 5 of those critical INTs, that changes a lot. Now, is he worth the money? No, IMO, but that's water already dried in the desert.

Reactions: Alpe d'Huez
Carr will be released the Monday or Tuesday after the Super Bowl. The way his contract was written was the last couple years were fairly team friendly, but still over $25m a year. The next two years are much of it guaranteed, over $70m total. Gruden and Mayock made the deal. The idea was at this point he'd be in his prime, with Gruden as coach, and it would be like 2002 all over again. Obviously that didn't happen. Some Raider fans love Gruden still, but when he came back, he was never very good. And his draft picks and FA signings were just bad. Two good guys: Crosby and Jacobs. He had a stack of high picks, and blew them all on bad, bad picks. And as a coach he was stuck in the past much of the time.

If the Raiders try to trade Carr, and that trade falls through, the Raiders are on the hook for his contract. Meaning they then pay him, or sit him at $34m. Then there's the $40m due in 2024. Not going to happen. This has happened before. I can't remember the players. But the way Carr's contract is written, he can refuse any trade up until like June. Imagine if the Raiders made a deal with, say, Atlanta in February. But then come May 31st, post draft, FA going on, Raiders have already signed or drafted (or both) another QB. Then Carr rips up the contract. The Raiders then have to find someone else to take his entire contract, or cut him and eat $70m.

Sarah Morgan was hired as president of the team because she is a highly experienced contract attorney. That's her one power hand. Gruden and Mayock cost Davis too much money. There is no f*cking way this gets past her desk.

He'll be cut when the season ends.

Carr's biggest issues are he forces the ball, trying all the time to make the big play. But he's not accurate enough, not clutch enough, not consistent enough. For every couple impressive throws where he looks elite, he'll throw at least one costly pass. Happened a few times this year. How can you build around that? He's also not that mobile, and when out of the pocket his accuracy drops even more. Some Raiders fans are blaming the OL, but he's had plenty of time to throw, and good receivers, including his buddy Adams, maybe the best WR in football. The guy isn't garbage though. There are definitely worse QBs out there, and someone will sign him. I'm sure of it. Maybe a hard nosed coach will curb his mistakes.

I think the Raiders best bet is to find a decent QB now that can start. I'm thinking Garappolo fits. Then, start looking in the draft for someone they can build around. Not thrust into the starter role and hope it works out, the way many teams do (Murray for Arizona. Both Darnold then Wilson for NYJ.). Think more like what the Chiefs did having Alex Smith, then getting Mahomes in when it was time. Not that they are just going to find a Mahomes. But I think my point makes sense.

Carr will be released the Monday or Tuesday after the Super Bowl. The way his contract was written was the last couple years were fairly team friendly, but still over $25m a year. The next two years are much of it guaranteed, over $70m total. Gruden and Mayock made the deal. The idea was at this point he'd be in his prime, with Gruden as coach, and it would be like 2002 all over again. Obviously that didn't happen. Some Raider fans love Gruden still, but when he came back, he was never very good. And his draft picks and FA signings were just bad. Two good guys: Crosby and Jacobs. He had a stack of high picks, and blew them all on bad, bad picks. And as a coach he was stuck in the past much of the time.

If the Raiders try to trade Carr, and that trade falls through, the Raiders are on the hook for his contract. Meaning they then pay him, or sit him at $34m. Then there's the $40m due in 2024. Not going to happen. This has happened before. I can't remember the players. But the way Carr's contract is written, he can refuse any trade up until like June. Imagine if the Raiders made a deal with, say, Atlanta in February. But then come May 31st, post draft, FA going on, Raiders have already signed or drafted (or both) another QB. Then Carr rips up the contract. The Raiders then have to find someone else to take his entire contract, or cut him and eat $70m.

Sarah Morgan was hired as president of the team because she is a highly experienced contract attorney. That's her one power hand. Gruden and Mayock cost Davis too much money. There is no f*cking way this gets past her desk.

He'll be cut when the season ends.

Carr's biggest issues are he forces the ball, trying all the time to make the big play. But he's not accurate enough, not clutch enough, not consistent enough. For every couple impressive throws where he looks elite, he'll throw at least one costly pass. Happened a few times this year. How can you build around that? He's also not that mobile, and when out of the pocket his accuracy drops even more. Some Raiders fans are blaming the OL, but he's had plenty of time to throw, and good receivers, including his buddy Adams, maybe the best WR in football. The guy isn't garbage though. There are definitely worse QBs out there, and someone will sign him. I'm sure of it. Maybe a hard nosed coach will curb his mistakes.

I think the Raiders best bet is to find a decent QB now that can start. I'm thinking Garappolo fits. Then, start looking in the draft for someone they can build around. Not thrust into the starter role and hope it works out, the way many teams do (Murray for Arizona. Both Darnold then Wilson for NYJ.). Think more like what the Chiefs did having Alex Smith, then getting Mahomes in when it was time. Not that they are just going to find a Mahomes. But I think my point makes sense.
Jimmy G and Carr are similar players. Carr has the stronger arm but tends to play hero ball more often while Jimmy too often threw into tight coverage and wouldn't throw the ball away which probably caused some of his injuries. Jimmy was in good rhythm before his latest injury. The intercepts were down as were the wasted plays and he was dumping the ball off. The new QB coach Brian Griesie has supposed to be very good working with Purdy and Jimmy and Shanahan seems to be impressed as well. Jimmy was also making less money than Carr and the final year of his contract had no guaranteed money. Only on a one year contract at the moment with incentives he will be a free agent again at the end of the season. Not sure if the Raiders would sign him but it wouldn't be a complete surprise. Surely a few other teams will have some interest. Even the Rams were willing to sign him as a back up before the 49ers changed their mind and brought him back, which Jimmy surprisingly to many people's eyes, was still open to, but he was always on good terms with the coaching staff and locker room and interest had waned with most other teams with his shoulder operation, at least in the short term.

Last edited:
New year same Bucs, start with a penalty, deep drop, and fumble after moving the ball. :rolleyes:

For Miami with Tua out, their playoff chances are probably over.
Bucs finally showed up after the first drive terrible start for a whole game. The first game of the season with Brady over 400 on top of Evans over 200, and Godwin over 100. And to top it all of a season saving punt.
View: https://twitter.com/nflonfox/status/1609660679421583367

Chiefs with a big win when it was looking like it was going to fall out from under them and Broncos steal it. Though I didn’t agree with the two OPI on Broncos that killed them, wiping out a big gain and then setting up the pic 6.

Huge wins and leads for Lions and Giants. Looks like we could have a huge game next week with Lions and Packers if Packers beat Vikings.

Saints had a lot of hope with Panthers leading but couldn’t get help.

Dolphins season imploding on them and second time the third string has been in the game. Should still make the 7th seed of Dolphins and Patriots win next week. But will their explosive offense be back for the playoffs or will it be like 2016 when Tannehill was injured and Moore lead the Dolphins to a crushing loss against Steelers.

Not surprised by the Vikings result. Packers win next week against the Lions then they are in.

Crazy game in Las Vegas, the 49ers pushed all the way with Stidham at QB. Robbie Gould missed the kick at the end of regular time, no surprise, he's done it a few times this season. A Bosa play decided the overtime, no surprise again.. Raiders showed again that they have the players, and the 49ers secondary was exposed again, by Waller and Adams. The secondary has improved but its still the biggest weakness for the 49ers as the Chiefs have shown before. 49ers defense had an off day but still got the turnovers when it mattered. Raiders have a really good RB in Jacobs. Purdy had his worst game but made enough good plays in the second half. CMC has been so consistent for the 49ers, another big game from him. 49ers now in second place in the NFC. They can win the top spot next week with a win if other results go their way.

Last edited:
I've mentioned before I thought Stidham could be good. I didn't expect him to play this well though. He absolutely made the most of it. All the people out there saying Carr should get an extension, and McDaniels should be fired, should watch today's game. Granted, the Raiders lost, but they played one hell of a game. Both of Jarett's picks were off bounces and hits. No bad throws. I can only wonder if Stidham had started all those games where Carr threw so many bad passes...

Chiefs eeked out yet another win, against a very weak team. I'm honestly not sure what to think of them. I'm really not. But they could end up with HFA.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if the Vikings are one and done in the playoffs. They were just whipped by the Packers. I know GB needed to win, but it's not like Minnesota didn't. They are/were fighting for the #2, and maybe HFA, but were flattened.

Dolphins done. Kind of sad really. They had so many great moments this season. That early season win over Buffalo was something. Even their late season loss to them. Classic games.

The way the Saints handled the Eagles was something of concern for Philadelphia. Granted, Hurts was out, a few other players. But they weren't decimated by injuries. Every team has hurt players. The Eagles just looked flat, like the tank was empty. I've been watching football for about 50 years now. You just don't flip a switch and turn things around in this league. It takes momentum, cohesion. Time and again we've seen teams back into the playoffs, or take it easy heading down the stretch, "rest" players, only to lose.

I have little faith in TB, like some do. They are likely to host Dallas...

Really nice win by Seattle. I didn't see the whole game, but Geno stepped up when he needed to. He had a couple bad throws, but bounced right back. Seattle D looking more impressive again. I like their chances next week, to finish the season 9-8.

Huge game tomorrow. Absolutely huge. Buffalo at Cincinnati.

Last edited:
I've mentioned before I thought Stidham could be good. I didn't expect him to play this well though. He absolutely made the most of it. All the people out there saying Carr should get an extension, and McDaniels should be fired, should watch today's game. Granted, the Raiders lost, but they played one hell of a game. Both of Jarett's picks were off bounces and hits. No bad throws. I can only wonder if Stidham had started all those games where Carr threw so many bad passes...

Chiefs eeked out yet another win, against a very weak team. I'm honestly not sure what to think of them. I'm really not. But they could end up with HFA.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if the Vikings are one and done in the playoffs. They were just whipped by the Packers. I know GB needed to win, but it's not like Minnesota didn't. They are/were fighting for the #2, and maybe HFA, but were flattened.

Dolphins done. Kind of sad really. They had so many great moments this season. That early season win over Buffalo was something. Even their late season loss to them. Classic games.

The way the Saints handled the Eagles was something of concern for Philadelphia. Granted, Hurts was out, a few other players. But they weren't decimated by injuries. Every team has hurt players. The Eagles just looked flat, like the tank was empty. I've been watching football for about 50 years now. You just don't flip a switch and turn things around in this league. It takes momentum, cohesion. Time and again we've seen teams back into the playoffs, or take it easy heading down the stretch, "rest" players, only to lose.

I have little faith in TB, like some do. They are likely to host Dallas...

Really nice win by Seattle. I didn't see the whole game, but Geno stepped up when he needed to. He had a couple bad throws, but bounced right back. Seattle D looking more impressive again. I like their chances next week, to finish the season 9-8.

Huge game tomorrow. Absolutely huge. Buffalo at Cincinnati.
Big question marks remain about TB but the NFC looks so convoluted at the moment, I kinda expect anything to happen.

The Vikings seem to have peaked but as soon as one says that, they do something unexpected but they will find it even tougher in the playoffs. Dolphins got derailed at the mid point of the season for a variety of reasons. Once they ran into the better teams in consecutive games and got some injuries, they started to struggle.

I still expect the Lions to give GB a game next week

The Eagles injuries have come at the wrong time.

The 49ers came down to earth. They have had a virus running through the team, maybe that had some effect but it seems that the old Bay rivalry dies hard ! Biggest problem for the Raiders is to get consistency at QB and with their coaching.

I still think the Bengals are a big threat in the AFC. The Chargers could also be a team to watch out for.

The first round of the playoffs in the NFC should be fascinating with most of the top seeds looking a lot less dominant lately.

Last edited:
Pretty weird watching San Francisco game and thinking about the randomness of life. Purdy was obviously in front of the coaching staff and had been able to showcase his ability during practice and those in the know decided that he didn't stack up.not to just one but a few other quarterbacks.
Sit and wonder about guys like a Purdy or famously Kurt Warner.. If they just can be on the big stage something intangible engages and they rise to the highest level.. How many other guys get in, ride the bench their entire NFL career and the only difference between being unknown and cheered is just the chance to play in the game.. and for Purdy used broken bodies of other QBs as lily pads into the big show!!

Pretty weird watching San Francisco game and thinking about the randomness of life. Purdy was obviously in front of the coaching staff and had been able to showcase his ability during practice and those in the know decided that he didn't stack up.not to just one but a few other quarterbacks.
Sit and wonder about guys like a Purdy or famously Kurt Warner.. If they just can be on the big stage something intangible engages and they rise to the highest level.. How many other guys get in, ride the bench their entire NFL career and the only difference between being unknown and cheered is just the chance to play in the game.. and for Purdy used broken bodies of other QBs as lily pads into the big show!!
A pretty unique situation at the 49ers . jimmy G had already been to a SB with the team and another NFC Championship game. Lance played little college football while Purdy started 48 games and Lance was picked up via a very costly move during the draft. So Jimmy was the proven QB, Purdy was the late draft pick up that might develop and Lance was the one for the future according to the scouts and talent advisors. After watching Lance in the preseason and early season even though the sample was small before his injury, i have real doubts that Lance would have replicated what Purdy has done so far even when the rest of the team got healthy. You only have to listen to Shanahan when he talks about Purdy especially after the first few games. He was obviously surprised even after seeing him countless times on the practice field. As ever sport is about taking your opportunities often riding the bad luck of others. Purdy is hardly unique in that category but definitely fortunate as even if Lance is back in next season, the rest of the NFL has seen Purdy's potential much earlier than expected and it won't cost multiple first round picks to trade for him although that scenario is now dead in the water it seems.

I've never seen anything like this my entire life. You have to go back to Hank Gathers in college basketball perhaps. I agree the game needed to be stopped. Probably just wiped at this point in the season. This "hurts" Buffalo more when it comes to HFA, but there are things bigger than football. And this is one of them.

I agree on less dominance from big teams of late. A few weeks ago Philadelphia looked almost unbeatable. Now? Not only Hurts being out, but their vaunted defense has looked average. SF did indeed come back to earth. Still good, but gave up too many yards to the Raiders. Purdy good, not great. Is that enough? I agree that both Cincinnati and the Chargers look like real AFC threats right now. While I still think MVP Mahomes can win any game on any given Sunday, I'm not so sure the Chiefs as a team can put together enough playoff wins over good teams, even if HFA falls in their lap. Buffalo has always been a top pick to me, but now, who knows? Even if Hamlin appears at least okay, the Bills are now really thin at safety. Hyde obviously out for the season, Dean Marlowe has been out, and Hamlin, who has been a hard hitter, obviously out. So, after all these games, the Bills look like they could win the SB, or lose in the WC round. I honestly don't know.

I said after Thursday I like the way Dallas looks. They played very well on Thursday against a very game team, and Dak didn't try to make hero throws, and few mistakes. Enough vets, people paying more attention to other teams limits pressure. I can see Dallas able to beat any of the other top NFC contenders right now. Will they? I don't know. But they aren't beating themselves of late.

If Dallas beats Washington, and the Eagles lose to the Giants, then Philly drop from HFA, all the way to the #5 seed (and SF gets HFA).

I think Detroit is going to do all they can, but in Green Bay on Sunday, against a Packer team that finally looks like they should have most of the season, I'm not so sure.

As of midnight (PST), the closest thing to an official report from the NFL is he had a cardiac arrest of some sort. But there are doctors out there if not on regular TV, but social media going into detail. I think this doctor pretty much identified it. "Commotio Cortis". Watch this video here.

This orthopedic surgeon explains things fairly clearly too.

One doc on another link had a similar, but long winded conclusion. He did however point out concerns about hypoxia causing potential neurological damage, which is completely unknown at this point.

I'm not going to share any links, but there are some really disgusting people on social media saying this entire thing was staged by the NFL and is fake. What a sick world we live in.

One doc on another link had a similar, but long winded conclusion. He did however point out concerns about hypoxia causing potential neurological damage, which is completely unknown at this point.
I would agree with the hypoxia concern because of the pads. You can’t do CPR with the pads on and without CPR the blood isn’t circulating. We’re supposed to start CPR within 6-8 seconds, otherwise the brain starts dying from hypoxia. The body can recycle the oxygen in the hemoglobin without added oxygen for 2-4 mins. Who knows when CPR was started from the initial occurrence to hands to sternum.

I don’t know how the players can mentally prepare for a game, let alone playing this one at a later time and then again on Sunday. That doesn’t even account for how it affects the other players on the 30 teams.

I've never seen anything like this my entire life. You have to go back to Hank Gathers in college basketball perhaps. I agree the game needed to be stopped. Probably just wiped at this point in the season. This "hurts" Buffalo more when it comes to HFA, but there are things bigger than football. And this is one of them.

I agree on less dominance from big teams of late. A few weeks ago Philadelphia looked almost unbeatable. Now? Not only Hurts being out, but their vaunted defense has looked average. SF did indeed come back to earth. Still good, but gave up too many yards to the Raiders. Purdy good, not great. Is that enough? I agree that both Cincinnati and the Chargers look like real AFC threats right now. While I still think MVP Mahomes can win any game on any given Sunday, I'm not so sure the Chiefs as a team can put together enough playoff wins over good teams, even if HFA falls in their lap. Buffalo has always been a top pick to me, but now, who knows? Even if Hamlin appears at least okay, the Bills are now really thin at safety. Hyde obviously out for the season, Dean Marlowe has been out, and Hamlin, who has been a hard hitter, obviously out. So, after all these games, the Bills look like they could win the SB, or lose in the WC round. I honestly don't know.

I said after Thursday I like the way Dallas looks. They played very well on Thursday against a very game team, and Dak didn't try to make hero throws, and few mistakes. Enough vets, people paying more attention to other teams limits pressure. I can see Dallas able to beat any of the other top NFC contenders right now. Will they? I don't know. But they aren't beating themselves of late.

If Dallas beats Washington, and the Eagles lose to the Giants, then Philly drop from HFA, all the way to the #5 seed (and SF gets HFA).

I think Detroit is going to do all they can, but in Green Bay on Sunday, against a Packer team that finally looks like they should have most of the season, I'm not so sure.
All good points. I do however think that Hurts being out not only affects the O, but the D as well (they are on they field more, shorter fields, different sideline energy...).

Reactions: Alpe d'Huez
As of midnight (PST), the closest thing to an official report from the NFL is he had a cardiac arrest of some sort. But there are doctors out there if not on regular TV, but social media going into detail. I think this doctor pretty much identified it. "Commotio Cortis". Watch this video here.
This orthopedic surgeon explains things fairly clearly too.

I'm not going to share any links, but there are some really disgusting people on social media saying this entire thing was staged by the NFL and is fake. What a sick world we live in.
Sanjay Gupta on CNN referenced a rare occurrence where getting struck in the heart area could cause atrial fibulation . Treated instances seemed to have full recovery outcomes and he cited how quickly he got up to likely minimal other damage. We'll see but best of wishes Hamlin for a full recovery.

To those on reported sites blaming the collapse to Covid vaccination and to John Stockton referencing "thousands of athlete deaths..." from vaccination: F*ck you very much for taking a potentially tragic moment and converting into hits on your websites and incitement networks.

TRENDING THREADS