• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

National RR Champs

euanli said:
I can imagine Sky will get that updated.

You know, I was thinking the same as you, but I seem to recall that it's like that because of an arcane BCF ruleset. I've seen the MTB rules and I daresay the same exists for road.

Old generations still die hard at the top of the cycling NfPs. Move over and let someone else have a go!

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
Agreed, the Jersey is terrible. I think it all harks back to the original GB Olympic kit. It looks more like a dutch or french jersey to me.

0811_large.jpg

At least Rapha had the sense to stick a couple of union flags on it.

image2_600.jpg

When Wiggins won the TT champs, I was hoping for a Garmin disaster jersey, with Union-Jack patterned argyle in the bottom corner.

Or, even better, white sleeves and white argyle in the bottom corners, and one great big union jack for the jersey.

Would have been HIDEOUS. Yet so much better than the current dull-fest. Which also looks ridiculous when paired with the standard GB outfit, as Nicole Cooke is demonstrating at the moment.

Libertine Seguros said:
When Wiggins won the TT champs, I was hoping for a Garmin disaster jersey, with Union-Jack patterned argyle in the bottom corner.

Or, even better, white sleeves and white argyle in the bottom corners, and one great big union jack for the jersey.

Would have been HIDEOUS. Yet so much better than the current dull-fest. Which also looks ridiculous when paired with the standard GB outfit, as Nicole Cooke is demonstrating at the moment.

Here's a pic I took of Nicole on the Muur this year. (The rest of that day's pics are here). Crap jersey - and she's been wearing it for so many years - great shorts per national style, but most of all I love her Welsh shoes!

r2lpmx.jpg

Haha, to be fair I don't know if I could get used to Nicole wearing a normal jersey - so used to national champs and WC stripes. I just wish the British champs' jersey was a bit more interesting. And I'm one of those who really loves the clean, simple lines of a white jersey with three bands. The German national champs' kit that Wegmann had a couple of years ago with Gerolsteiner, for example, I thought was really nice. And Pozzato's national kit has got much better since he went to the three bands. I think the problem is that the bands are not the British flag, so it just doesn't quite look right. The Dutch champs' jersey is the giant flag style, but I do have to think twice upon seeing the British champs' jersey to remember it's not the Dutch one.

It's also rather irritating to see the sky logo on the British national kit considering she's riding for the national team this year because Dave Brailsford and Sky had no interest in women's cycling (unlike a few - Cervélo, Columbia, Androni, Euskadi, Giant Pro, Lotto and TopSport Vlaanderen to mention some, plus Rabo have a development team) even when she had to go begging cap in hand for help when Skyter pulled out.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Johnny Bellis will be back and turning a pedal in anger at the British RR Champs! I'm amazed that he is back to racing, I thought his career was over for sure.

Arranged to have the weekend with friends in Madchester, so I'll be at the RR watching. Should get some nice rides in up there too.

I think I'll support an underdog - House has worn the jersey well so he might get my support. For all that it's worth! :p

TRENDING THREADS