• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

NBA / NCAA Basketball

Page 37 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
She's a rabid fan! For her, this is bigger than any sporting event ever!
So who is your monopoly money on?

ESPN’s Basketball Power Index computer has Gonzaga winning by just 1.4 points and a 55% chance of winning, that's pretty damn close. I just don't know... if Gonzaga loses by something like 20 points it'll be like ah well. But if they lose by 1 or 3 points it'll be just devastating. Those close games usually hurt the most.

Reactions: jmdirt
So who is your monopoly money on?

ESPN’s Basketball Power Index computer has Gonzaga winning by just 1.4 points and a 55% chance of winning, that's pretty damn close. I just don't know... if Gonzaga loses by something like 20 points it'll be like ah well. But if they lose by 1 or 3 points it'll be just devastating. Those close games usually hurt the most.
I don't even bet fake money! :p

Reactions: Tricycle Rider
Well, that was anticlimactic, Gonzaga got caught with their pants down and had absolutely no answer for Baylor's shock and awe. I will not be crying into my pillow, Baylor deserved this title.

Ah well, there's always next year for the Zags.
Yes, Baylor was very good.

Obviously some of the reason that GU was off is because Baylor was so on, but GU was also just not sharp. From a fan standpoint I would have liked to see both teams be on, but that's sport right?!

Reactions: Tricycle Rider
Draymond Green needs to just StFU! He is a dumb ars! He thinks because he makes a lot of money that makes him an expert on everything, but every time that he opens his mouth he proves that he isn't an expert on anything. He should work on his poor sportsmanship before he tries to help the rest of the world with his words of stupidity. Dumbmond, just stick to claiming that you are the best defensive player of all time, and stay out of things more complicated than that (are you even in the top 10 all time).

Could be an interesting playoffs with injury clouds over some of the Nets and Lakers players. Utah will hope to have Michell back in the playoffs. Phoenix may not have the experience but had a good regular season. Utah blew a 3-1 lead against Denver last season and were bitter about it. Here's their chance to go further if they can replicate their regular season form. The Bucks have to face Miami again but I think they will win the series this time.

Very good opening night of the playoffs, at least the first 2 games. Hoping Dallas can keep this up. There's nothing more satisfying than seeing the Clippers crumble. Denver's going to miss Murray very much this playoffs. Overall I can see quite some lower seeds going to the semis.

Draymond Green needs to just StFU! He is a dumb ars! He thinks because he makes a lot of money that makes him an expert on everything, but every time that he opens his mouth he proves that he isn't an expert on anything. He should work on his poor sportsmanship before he tries to help the rest of the world with his words of stupidity. Dumbmond, just stick to claiming that you are the best defensive player of all time, and stay out of things more complicated than that (are you even in the top 10 all time).
If you watched the last @10 minutes of the game..Green got beat inside..and when he meets people outside the perimeter, they wait for his feet to be flat and then they drive right by..best defender? NFW..and then the other side of the ball..Green played decent,but great players make big plays..he missed a few critical shots and his team is done for the season. Curry did his job..

Lakers!! Better not play sloppy today..Phoenix is good..LA better keep Caruso and Schroder on the floor and running..if Davis is cold they better get the bench up and not leave Anthony Davis out there hoping he comes around..Davis needs points and rebounds and needs to pick up on the perimeter because the Suns can shoot..I look at Schroder as one of the most exciting players around..he is super fast, very disruptive defense..and he dishes the ball all over the court if the team stays spread out..I take the Suns vs Lakers today as a complete toss up.. LeBron has been pretty quiet and he better get hot today.and the Lakers need to take lightning bolt like advantage of the typical double team on LeBron James..

Reactions: movingtarget
Same as before for the Lakers..if Davis and LeBron don't both show up on the same night,tonight Phoenix Suns I think are better
Yeah, they need to be on point to beat them. Also wondering if Lebron is using his magic again just as last year in the first 2 rounds. Figuring out the opposition in game 1 and eventually losing that game, and then just cruising the rest of the series. Phoenix' team is better than Houston and Portland last year though.

Predicting sweeps for the Bucks, Nets (unfortunately), and the 76ers. Outside chance for Dallas too. Lakers coming good when they need to but I won't count out Suns just yet, the Jazz should be fine now Mitchell is back, and Portland/Denver and Hawks/Knicks are just too close to call.

TRENDING THREADS