• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

NBA / NCAA Basketball

Page 50 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Murray definitely had the hot hand with 23 in the 4th period. The Joker's triple doubles are becoming such common place that it would be breaking news if didn't complete one. Lol.

Yeap...complete pressure on the Lakers. Game 3 is a MUST win - they can't afford to go 0-3 & expect to win the series. And you know things are going really bad for the Lakers when LeBron misses a breakaway uncontested dunk.

The Nuggets are clearly in the driver's seat - and the city is going crazy here.

Last edited:
Nuggets move onto the finals for the first time in franchise history. Also, first time Nuggets swept a team in the playoffs.

Tale of two halves: Nuggets looked flat & LeBron was on fire in the first half.
2nd half Nuggets set a torrid pace with the Joker dominating. Complete reversal for LeBron in the 2nd half missing shots & couldn't take over the game like he used to in days of old.

The Mile High City will be going crazy over the next couple of weeks.

Last edited:
Reactions: movingtarget
As Shaq said a few times, the Heat play the same or similar way consistently, win or lose. They are not gonna have peaks and valleys in performances, they’ll be level most of the time, while the Celtics are the opposite. This series showed that. The Celtics are the more talented team, but they’re extremely stubborn with their 3’s. When you start a game 0-12 from 3, perhaps it’s a good idea to change the tactics a little bit and slow it down. They kept shooting and kept missing. Miami stayed level headed and did the job. Totally deserved series win. I was half expecting the Heat to wilt, but when they took a double digit lead in the 1st quarter I knew they weren’t gonna beat themselves and choke.

The Nuggets are a different beast. In many ways they’re quite similar to the Heat. They play team ball, they pass it well, they can run, play good defense and they have the best player in the league who already has 8 triple doubles in these playoffs, passing Wilt Chamberlain’s 7 in 1967.

It’ll be a tough series, even if it doesn’t go to 6 or 7.

As Shaq said a few times, the Heat play the same or similar way consistently, win or lose. They are not gonna have peaks and valleys in performances, they’ll be level most of the time, while the Celtics are the opposite. This series showed that. The Celtics are the more talented team, but they’re extremely stubborn with their 3’s. When you start a game 0-12 from 3, perhaps it’s a good idea to change the tactics a little bit and slow it down. They kept shooting and kept missing. Miami stayed level headed and did the job. Totally deserved series win. I was half expecting the Heat to wilt, but when they took a double digit lead in the 1st quarter I knew they weren’t gonna beat themselves and choke.

The Nuggets are a different beast. In many ways they’re quite similar to the Heat. They play team ball, they pass it well, they can run, play good defense and they have the best player in the league who already has 8 triple doubles in these playoffs, passing Wilt Chamberlain’s 7 in 1967.

It’ll be a tough series, even if it doesn’t go to 6 or 7.
Unfortunately that's how the Celtics are built and they don't really have anyone who can just decide to go get points at the rim. As much as I love RWIII he averages under 8 ppg and JT shoots more 3PA than any other forward, with Jaylen up there too. They're constantly looking for players who can space the floor, and I know that's how the modern game is supposedly played, but they really need JT, JB and RW to be able to attack the rim more consistently when needed.

TRENDING THREADS