• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

New drug surfacing in Moscow?

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
According to German television channel ARD, a reporter was recently approached by a reputable russian scientist, employed by the russian academy of Science (Rossijskaja Akademija Nauk), and was given a sample of "Full size MGF", a substance with IGF-1 effect. According to the russian, no test exists for this new substance, and it hasn't been tested on humans yet.

May 27, 2012
Visit site
hektoren said:
According to German television channel ARD, a reporter was recently approached by a reputable russian scientist, employed by the russian academy of Science (Rossijskaja Akademija Nauk), and was given a sample of "Full size MGF", a substance with IGF-1 effect. According to the russian, no test exists for this new substance, and it hasn't been tested on humans yet.

Officially or unofficially?

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
There have been rumors of this type of drug for several years. A USPS rider told me about how they were able to get access to a similar experimental drug in the US almost a decade ago. A lot of potential in this crap

I have a hard time understanding people who use this stuff. Not tested on humans says to me that there might be side effects that are too grave for any testing to be conducted.

Hell a simple contaminated drug could ruin you for life, or turn you into a veggie.

ToreBear said:
I have a hard time understanding people who use this stuff. Not tested on humans says to me that there might be side effects that are too grave for any testing to be conducted.

Hell a simple contaminated drug could ruin you for life, or turn you into a veggie.

That's never been a problem before for dopers.

At least 10-20 cyclists died from EPO overdoses prior to it's introduction into the pro peloton.

Allegations including Ferrari's own concern that Armstrong was using lethal levels of dope are worth mentioning too.
http://si.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1180944/5/index.htm

Mechano growth factor

I found detailed instructions for use dated 2011. The recommendation is to use it like a recovery drug. This one seems to add mass though, so I'm not sure it will be useful for endurance athletes.

This seems like another peptide. The peptide revolution is definitely on with "buy one, get one free" at less than $30 for powder that needs to be reconstituted.

For research only of course!

DirtyWorks said:
That's never been a problem before for dopers.

At least 10-20 cyclists died from EPO overdoses prior to it's introduction into the pro peloton. Allegations including Ferrari's own concern that Armstrong was using lethal levels of dope are worth mentioning too.

That was in the 80s-90s. With the internet, people should be able to get more information from multiple sources.

But, if cheats end up killing them selves, It's their problem of course. But they are still people.:(

DirtyWorks said:
I found detailed instructions for use dated 2011. The recommendation is to use it like a recovery drug. This one seems to add mass though, so I'm not sure it will be useful for endurance athletes.

This seems like another peptide. The peptide revolution is definitely on with "buy one, get one free" at less than $30 for powder that needs to be reconstituted.

For research only of course!

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/00000360.htm
Perhaps this should be included as an illustration of what might happen if you are unlucky with the drug, or the dude who made the drug made a mistake.

DirtyWorks said:
Again, competitive cyclists have died from too much EPO. A little neurological(?) damage is okay if it gets the top podium spot.

It's just an example of what might happen. In this case frying the Substantia Nigra, affecting the ability to move(at all), learn etc.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
ToreBear said:
It's just an example of what might happen. In this case frying the Substantia Nigra, affecting the ability to move(at all), learn etc.

Well, administering IGF-1 has showed retionpathologigal effects like you get among diabetics, so I'd go gently on a non-proven substance for its anti-aging and anabolic effects until proven harmless. But, then again, I'm just a weekend-warrior on my bike....

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
hektoren said:
Well, administering IGF-1 has showed retionpathologigal effects like you get among diabetics, so I'd go gently on a non-proven substance for its anti-aging and anabolic effects until proven harmless. But, then again, I'm just a weekend-warrior on my bike....

Just curious what retionpathologi[c]al means?

People* are taking GW501516, and that causes Cancer (admittedly proven only in rats, but by a mechanism that suggests it would do so in humans).

Whats a little bit of blindness as a deterrent.

*Couple of cyclists suspended for it, and its well known to bodybuilders, check any of those forums for discussions.

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
hektoren said:

Vindicated, great post dude!

Briant_Gumble said:
Have you got a link to that?
I found it!!
After Armstrong's cancer diagnosis, former teammates say, even Ferrari questioned his methods. "I remember when we were on a training ride in 2002, Lance told me that Ferrari had been paranoid that he had helped cause the cancer and became more conservative after that," says Landis. (Ferrari, again, declined to talk to SI for this story.)

Hincapie's affidavit suggests armstrong himself had some concerns about using HGH. He apparently stopped after cancer treatment.

http://d3epuodzu3wuis.cloudfront.net/Hincapie,+George+Affidavit.pdf

Line 53

DirtyWorks said:
I found it!!
After Armstrong's cancer diagnosis, former teammates say, even Ferrari questioned his methods. "I remember when we were on a training ride in 2002, Lance told me that Ferrari had been paranoid that he had helped cause the cancer and became more conservative after that," says Landis. (Ferrari, again, declined to talk to SI for this story.)

Hincapie's affidavit suggests armstrong himself had some concerns about using HGH. He apparently stopped after cancer treatment.

http://d3epuodzu3wuis.cloudfront.net/Hincapie,+George+Affidavit.pdf

Line 53

As I understand it, you only have so many blood cells, so by increasing the red blood cell percentage, you decrease the white blood cell percentage--and the white blood cells are vital in the fight against disease. Seems like EPO is really stupid to take from a health point of view (unless necessary), and that Ferrari's "orange juice" statement is not true.

And then there's the sludge-blood problem...

TRENDING THREADS