• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

New Forum! Feedback thread

I'm struggling to understand how to jump to the first unread post in a thread. I'm aware there's a "jump to new" button but it doesn't seem to work for me.

A bit less banners would be appreciated too, but I guess you guys can't do much about it.
What do you mean it doesnt work? It seems fine to me.

And lets be totally clear: we can't do anything about anything, only thing we can do is informing the devs about it.

What do you mean it doesnt work? It seems fine to me.

And lets be totally clear: we can't do anything about anything, only thing we can do is informing the devs about it.
When I click on it, it takes me to a random message that I had already read.

Just tried it in the Remco Evenepoel thread. It took me to the message #1123, while the first unread message for me was #1340. Incidentally both were written by... Logic-is-your-friend.

The good thing is that when I go back to a topic that I've opened with this new interface it automatically takes me to the first unread message by just clicking on the title. So I guess it won't take long before this is a no issue for me.

Forgot to mention I am now browsing by mobile.

I can't find a link to the main Cycling News Page from the forum
True. I guess we need one.
When I click on it, it takes me to a random message that I had already read.

Just tried it in the Remco Evenepoel thread. It took me to the message #1123, while the first unread message for me was #1340. Incidentally both were written by... Logic-is-your-friend.

The good thing is that when I go back to a topic that I've opened with this new interface it automatically takes me to the first unread message by just clicking on the title. So I guess it won't take long before this is a no issue for me.

Forgot to mention I am now browsing by mobile.
Ok, then I guess the migration messed up the read/unread infos.

Reactions: SafeBet
Question 1: On a PC/laptop screen, why is so much real estate being wasted? I went into one thread and the top 385 pixels and the bottom 100 pixels (out of 768 pixels) were the header and ads top and bottom of the page. That's not a lot of real estate in which to actually read anything.

Question 2: The real estate is used better on mobile, but how do I get to the latest page of a thread, the only link I see takes you to the first page of the thread.

TRENDING THREADS