• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

New Jerseys - 2013 Season - TeamKits-Maillots-Tricots-Tenues-and-Exotics

Page 26 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Hunter Grant said:
Team kit review is up:

http://cyclistsarenotrockstars.blogspot.com/2013/01/1403.html

All ( well... most ) of the commentators in this thread deserve a nod for being knowledgeable bout proper kit design.
You mean: deserve a nod for agreeing with you? ;)

An A+ for Sky. Jesus Christ...

GPdesAmeriques said:
New Rabobank jerseys:

a78618471258e04e1e33d8897ef3e0f9_view.jpg
After seeing this pic, the men are probably happy to lose their sponsor. Not a good look.

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Hunter Grant said:
Team kit review is up:

http://cyclistsarenotrockstars.blogspot.com/2013/01/1403.html

All ( well... most ) of the commentators in this thread deserve a nod for being knowledgeable bout proper kit design.

Endura is way underrated imo, but given a D? And giving Argos a way lower score than the diabetes team with virtually the same design, how ridiculous can they get? Blanco gets the worst kit award for having stripes, but they give Cannondale an A? Astana and Lotto would probably be an A too, considering these strange grades. :p

Pentacycle said:
Yeah, Saxo is the only one they got right, but the other 'grades' are all just wrong in some way. :mad:

I actually agree with most of them.

] Saxo design is brilliant, definitely the best. No wonder it's made by Sportful.

] Sky is actually very good, maybe not really A+ but they got it definitely right. Very modern, classy, sleek and clean. and I love that full black, to pair with a nude carbon bike...awesome.

] Cannondale outfit is great. Could've been probably better on the front, especially on the upper part, yet they blended the shirt with the bibs awesomely. And lime green is the best freaking colour in cycling :D

] BMC outfit design is coherent with their bike design, mind you I really dislike it, but at least that homogeneity deserves a +.

] OPQS is another great kit, definitely agree with the review.

] Euskaltel, they went with a more "organic" look and feel, and with that change in the fonts it looks more modern. They're the "carrots", you get what you expect, nothing great yet good overall, and one of the easiest to spot.

] IAM strikes me as terribly bland. To me the reviewer got it wrong in this case, it sure as hell is clean and gives the corporate feeling, yet it feels like something coming from an insurance brochure. It doesn't scream, it doesn't feel fast, it doesn't feel bike racing, it doesn't feel anything. Bland, bland, bland again.

] Europcar is great, and deserves to be amongst the top. Visually bold, with that dark elegant green underlined by those touches of lime green and yellow. Great kit.

] Lampre is a good kit which could've been classic, and maybe it'll be in 2014 who knows. that neon pink is pure awesomeness, if they just played better with that lime green they could've got an absolute winner. In the end it's more meh than yay.

] Lotto is definitely improved. The overall design is a little mess, but the colours are bolder and bolder and the choice of more white was good. What really makes this kit amazing tho is that yellow right arm: a bold and brilliant move. Bold is the key here, a great kit for bold riders.

] AG2R didn't really change. The kit is something strange, which crazily works. It is unpleasant, unclassy, yet that vintage look makes it somehow work. And actually what makes it work, leaving aside the awesome argyle, is that ****ty brown. Moreover they created something you easily spot and identify. It's incredibly a yes.

] Garmin is more or less the same, with minor changes to the argyle thing. I'm not particularly fond of it, because they could've tried something more with the argyle (I miss the old Garmin-Slipstream...), and I'm not totally convinced by the positioning of the logos. It works, but they went a little too far with the corporate design for my liking.

] Radioshack gets worse every year: it looks like they had no idea how to change for 2013 so they put some white, changed some lines and that's it. No direction, no style. A mess.

] Blanco kit is plainly ridiculous. There are far better kits over at Decathlon. And that "Blanco" font is ugly as hell. Oh boy, it's Blancofail all over again.

] Argos is another ruined kit. It could've been better if they went the bold route like yester year , what with that lime green 1T4i and bold colours. Now it's just another corporate and soulless ****. That's really a no-no.

] Netapp is an improved Blanco kit. Still boring and cheap.

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
BBQBInACcAAVdwn.jpg

Emma Johansson (@emmaprocyclist) tweets her new GreenEdge champions' kit.

I preferred the old Hitec one, which was a normal Scandinavian kit with the cool large cross, rather than this Sky/Katyusha-themed one, I'm afraid.

They have probably adopted the central band design as it would stylistically match the traditional Australian champion's jersey design (rather than a decision to adopt any Sky/Katusha theme)

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Parrulo said:
a bit more digging and also found ceramica flaminia's kit

13magliaflaminia13.jpg

simple but classy. reminds me of a mix of cervelo test team

Also reminds me a little about the little Saxo 2011. Anyways I agree. Simple but nice.

Libertine Seguros said:
BBQBInACcAAVdwn.jpg

Emma Johansson (@emmaprocyclist) tweets her new GreenEdge champions' kit.

I preferred the old Hitec one, which was a normal Scandinavian kit with the cool large cross, rather than this Sky/Katyusha-themed one, I'm afraid.

There is only one Swedish champion's kit for me:

3283213317_8c83c81b75.jpg

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
188289_10151340130827732_1032045490_n.jpg

Bontrager 2013 team, pretty much the same with a few minor changes (no livestrong band on sleeve, white spots on shoulders and right side of shorts) but thought I might as well post.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
2013 RACE SCHEDULE
02.15 | Hullabaloo in Waterloo
02.16 to 02.27 | Winter Training Camp
03.20 to 03.24 | Volta ao Alentejo (Portugal)
04.04 to 04.07 | Redlands Bicycle Classic
04.13 | Liege-Bastogne-Liege
05.01 to 05.05 | SRAM Tour of the Gila
05.26 | Paris Roubaix
07.16 to 07.21 | Cascade Cycling Classic

Good to see them racing a couple races in Europe, hopefully they get invites to Cali, Utah, and Colorado.

Afrank said:
2013 RACE SCHEDULE
02.15 | Hullabaloo in Waterloo
02.16 to 02.27 | Winter Training Camp
03.20 to 03.24 | Volta ao Alentejo (Portugal)
04.04 to 04.07 | Redlands Bicycle Classic
04.13 | Liege-Bastogne-Liege
05.01 to 05.05 | SRAM Tour of the Gila
05.26 | Paris Roubaix
07.16 to 07.21 | Cascade Cycling Classic

Good to see them racing a couple races in Europe, hopefully they get invites to Cali, Utah, and Colorado.

Thanks.Many.