• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

New Jerseys - 2016 Season - TeamKits-Maillots-Tricots-Tenues

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
When I asked someone on twitter (not Trek) if this jersey is the same as last year, Trek replied to me saying: "only a little changed. Same basic pinstriped design with the @Segafredo emblem added. Simple. Classy." I was very tempted to reply "Corporate. Bland. Boring." :p

Re:

LaFlorecita said:
When I asked someone on twitter (not Trek) if this jersey is the same as last year, Trek replied to me saying: "only a little changed. Same basic pinstriped design with the @Segafredo emblem added. Simple. Classy." I was very tempted to reply "Corporate. Bland. Boring." :p
:D
Although the pinstripes look classy somehow.

Re: Re:

staubsauger said:
LaFlorecita said:
They're not wrong. The white with black is simple and classy. It's also horribly boring.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site

LaFlorecita said:
staubsauger said:
LaFlorecita said:
They're not wrong. The white with black is simple and classy. It's also horribly boring.

It's sponsor pleasing. Pinstripes give just enough of a design element to give them a little difference from all the other black kits while not being too flashy to the point the sponsor says "that's too much."

The sponsor will be happy with a simple and clean look where their logo is predominant. And for the fans, well, it's just another bland and boring black jersey that melts in with all the others during a race.

Afrank said:
It's sponsor pleasing.

It certainly seems to be sponsor driven. Which is perfectly understandable when the sponsor hasn't been in cycling long. They will tend to judge the kit as garments in their own right, and will want their riders to present a clean, stylish look. It's also understandable where the sponsor is a behemoth which brands everything, everywhere, the same way. But I will admit that I find the thinking a bit odd when it comes to bike industry sponsors or sponsors with a long record in the sport. They should know that visibility is at least as important and that distinctive, immediately recognisable, jerseys are invaluable in encouraging recognition of team and consequently brand.

Short version: I am more forgiving of a sponsor like Bora doing the clean, corporate, tasteful but all too often invisible thing than I am of a sponsor like Trek.

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Brullnux said:
But seriously: Nizzolo's other half/good friends need to tell him,

Much like Andy needs to tell Frank that parting his hair in the middle like that makes it look like he's on that episode of Seinfeld with the low-flow shower heads.

thumbnailImage

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site

Zinoviev Letter said:
Afrank said:
It's sponsor pleasing.

It certainly seems to be sponsor driven. Which is perfectly understandable when the sponsor hasn't been in cycling long. They will tend to judge the kit as garments in their own right, and will want their riders to present a clean, stylish look. It's also understandable where the sponsor is a behemoth which brands everything, everywhere, the same way. But I will admit that I find the thinking a bit odd when it comes to bike industry sponsors or sponsors with a long record in the sport. They should know that visibility is at least as important and that distinctive, immediately recognisable, jerseys are invaluable in encouraging recognition of team and consequently brand.

Short version: I am more forgiving of a sponsor like Bora doing the clean, corporate, tasteful but all too often invisible thing than I am of a sponsor like Trek.

Their new sponsor, Segafredo, as far as I know is new to cycling (sponsoring it). So perhaps Trek's sponsor pleasing look is more for them then themselves. Treks been around long enough and is prominent enough of a brand that they shouldn't have trouble with cyclists not knowing about them.

Or maybe the Trek people just like the boring and bland jerseys. They've had quite a lot of them. ;)

Re:

WildspokeJoe said:
The decline of Western Civilization is almost complete. The Canyon//SRAM jerseys are hideous. Taste the rainbow.
At least they'll stand out. Between all the usual suspects with dark kits and now all the teams with heavy red (Katusha, Lotto Soudal, Drapac, Androni, BMC, RusVelo, Cofidis) it's good to know that at least one team is smart enough to consider whether or not they stand out.

42x16ss said:
WildspokeJoe said:
The decline of Western Civilization is almost complete. The Canyon//SRAM jerseys are hideous. Taste the rainbow.
At least they'll stand out. Between all the usual suspects with dark kits and now all the teams with heavy red (Katusha, Lotto Soudal, Drapac, Androni, BMC, RusVelo, Cofidis) it's good to know that at least one team is smart enough to consider whether or not they stand out.

Well... Canyon//SRAM won't really need to worry about standing out amongst those teams. :p
Except Lotto Soudal, I guess.