• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

New Jerseys - 2016 Season - TeamKits-Maillots-Tricots-Tenues

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Hugo Koblet said:
Here's another look:

iam-cycling-presenta-su-maillot-2016-001.jpg
I like that they're going against the black/dark blue grain and kits always look different out on the road, but...I find the new IAM kit really bland. Much prefer last year's version to this one. Then again I thought the Castorama overalls kit back in the 90s was awesome so I may not have the best taste.

Talking of Rapha, I notice they've demanded more ad space on the kit.

Hugo Koblet said:
Armchair cyclist said:
VanBsr said:
More white at Trek it seems

‏@peterstetina
Sneak peak towards 2016 #ShowYourStripes

Another irritating teaser campaign: just tell us for crying out loud.
Agree! Though in spite of the small spoilers, IAM's jersey was indeed a surprise when it was revealed. Hopefully Trek's jersey is a surprise as well. Heck, my guess is that it's pink!

Even more annoying than teasers is each team having a goofy generic hashtag someone was probably paid good money to come up with.

Re: New Jerseys - 2016 Season - TeamKits-Maillots-Tricots-Te

Cance > TheRest said:
What is it with SKY and long sleeves...?
Jersey not too bad, but there's a long way to go compared to the 2010/11 jersey
You kidding? That white back on the 2010/11 jerseys, awful. Hated those jerseys. So clean, so corporate, and yet that stupid flat white back out of nowhere to make it harder to pick out from above. Painfully dull.

This jersey is still boring, but at least with a semblance of classiness. It is more designed to sell to British Freds than to be noticeable on the roads. This seems to be the route most teams are taking, in fairness, leading to lots of boring, understated kits because designers understand only the hardcore cyclist will have the temerity to purchase a bright, distinctive cornea-scorcher.

I really dislike the transliteration of the team as well.

ю ≠ у

Given the "sh" they've used English orthographic norms as the transliteration standard, therefore

Катюша = Katyusha
Катуша = Katusha

The former is correct Cyrillic (and the one that makes sense), therefore the former transliteration is the right one :p

Hence why they're Katjoesja, Katjuscha etc.

They've always previously had the Russian on the jersey, so it's been in Cyrillic, but I am not able to un-see them putting such an error on their jersey. It's a small thing but it's going to bug me every time.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: New Jerseys - 2016 Season - TeamKits-Maillots-Tricots-Te

This was the best imo

2010_Katusha_Blue_Team_Cycling_Jersey_And_Bib_Shorts_Kit.jpg

But this one (2012) too:

2012_Katusha_red_Team_Cycling_Jersey_And_Bib_Shorts_Kit_5.jpg

The current one is not bad, but not really special either. But perhaps it looks different when racing in it.

TRENDING THREADS