• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

New Jerseys - 2017 Season - TeamKits-Maillots-Tricots-Tenues

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

BigMac said:
Every piece of clothing looks cheap on a plastic mannequin. I think it'll look quite classy when worn.

Note to BigMac and others who like the Astana kit:
Are you familiar with the term "fade to black?"
The Astana kit is basically the sign of the coming apocalypse.
It's dark. It's dreary. It signals the end of time. That's how bad the kit is.
I kid.
In all seriousness, that kit is horrible.
They should have eased into it a bit before going all out.
My psychotherapist agrees.

Re: New Jerseys - 2017 Season - TeamKits-Maillots-Tricots-Te

Now that was a f***** good kit. 2006 bonanza ;)

20061723_69057_670.jpg

Re:

TMP402 said:
Astana join the black mass.

Huh? I thought black shorts were a good thing. :confused:

the delgados said:
BigMac said:
Every piece of clothing looks cheap on a plastic mannequin. I think it'll look quite classy when worn.

Note to BigMac and others who like the Astana kit:
Are you familiar with the term "fade to black?"
The Astana kit is basically the sign of the coming apocalypse.
It's dark. It's dreary. It signals the end of time. That's how bad the kit is.
I kid.
In all seriousness, that kit is horrible.
They should have eased into it a bit before going all out.
My psychotherapist agrees.

I wouldn't call bright turquoise 'dark'.

Personally, I like the kit. I especially like the fact that it no longer looks as if they've simply repurposed the Kazakhstan national kit.
However, the yellow bits does look like something you'd add after having won the Tour, which probably isn't that likely this year.

I actually like the new Astana kit more than the traditional all-blue one. It will look great in races with classic Astana blue jersey remaining very distinctive and black as a bib colour is far superior to light blue. I know there has been an overkill of black/dark-dominated kits in recent years, but in this case Astana's black bibs wont dominate the colour scheme. New kit will look much better on bike than on a mannekin. I personally prefer the combination of bright distinctively-coloured jersey and dark/black bibs. As such Cannondale-Drapac's is also a great kit.

Dimension Data's on the other hand is classic case of stylish, yet boring and corporatively sterile kit design. Looks much better in photoshoots than on race action. As such it is very typical of recent trends in kit design.

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
Dimension Data looks very bland and uninspired. The corporate logo is too overpowering, it looks like they're the company's club team and not a professional cycling team.

Not ugly, but boring and soulless.

Re: Re:

classicomano said:
Mayomaniac said:
RedheadDane said:
Sure, the current Ag2r jersey isn't necessarily pretty, it's just rather iconic.
Just like the brown shorts, my Mother only knows the team as "the team with the brown shorts that has Pozzovivo as their team leader for the Giro".
Thats really all you need to know about the team anyway.
To me, Ag2r is simply the team that Becancur used to ride for.

pastronef said:
for the second year in a row, the DiData jersey is my favourite.
simple and easy

Really? Their kit is as intellectually stimulating as dry toast.
That said, I'm guessing the second rider on the right disagrees. He seems to be enjoying the look and feel of the new design.

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
Ironically, the little rainbow tri-band logo saves the Astana kit.

Much better than the flamboyant superhero kit of the last few years. All teal is almost as crazy as all white.

the delgados said:
pastronef said:
simple and easy

That said, I'm guessing the second rider on the right disagrees. He seems to be enjoying the look and feel of the new design.

I dont need a cycling jersey to be intellectually stimulating.

I´d wear it. as I would´ve worn the Leopard one.

I´d never wear Mapei or Lampre

pastronef said:
the delgados said:
pastronef said:
simple and easy

Believe it or not. The Mapei style was actually super fancy back in the nineties! Colorful and flamboyant like the 90s streetwear. Luckily Fila brings back their vintage line these days!

staubsauger said:
pastronef said:
the delgados said:
pastronef said:
simple and easy

Believe it or not. The Mapei style was actually super fancy back in the nineties! Colorful and flamboyant like the 90s streetwear. Luckily Fila brings back their vintage line these days!
Mapei style is still in fashion today

Say what you will about the Dimension Data jersey, at least it's an improvement on 2016. A real person got paid some real money to draw a black line across a white template and spout some corporate BS about "the line represents the road we race with the triangle of the corporate sponsor's logo representing the upward progress through the GC the team will be making".