• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

New Jerseys - 2022 Season - TeamKits-Maillots-Tricots-Tenues

Ladies and Gentlemen, what a great way to start this legendary thread's 2022 edition:

FDbEEq4WQAQz78M

(new Continental team from Spain)

TBF they've been running an amateur team in Spain in the interim, but yes.

Takes me back to the glory days of Team Ukyo - team boss Ukyo Katayama (the former F1 driver and mountaineer) has a personal link (I believe through his wife) to the manufacturers of the popular Hatsune Miku vocaloid, essentially an anime girl embodiment of autotune software that has taken on a merchandising life of its own, resulting in some pretty absurd jerseys. 2018 started with them clad in this:

Atlas-Short-sleeved-cycle-jersey-Top-and-bottom-bib.jpg

The riders are probably glad that Zenrin came on board as a secondary sponsor meaning that by the time most races came along they looked a bit more presentable:

w960

...well, at least from the front. Helicams will have picked up the back of the jersey, which looked like this:

49945661246_09f2846282_b.jpg

(I will give bonus points for the creative way to get Zenrin's sponsorship on the back while keeping the vocaloid).

Racing Miku is less of a thing now in terms of the jerseys. "Itasha" designs are a bit more presentable as a car wrap (see Goodsmile Racing in Super GT, also run by Katayama) than body-hugging lycra, so instead they have normal cycling team styled jerseys, and just sell figurines of Racing Miku with a bike and Team Ukyo kit.

Takes me back to the glory days of Team Ukyo - team boss Ukyo Katayama (the former F1 driver and mountaineer) has a personal link (I believe through his wife) to the manufacturers of the popular Hatsune Miku vocaloid, essentially an anime girl embodiment of autotune software that has taken on a merchandising life of its own, resulting in some pretty absurd jerseys. 2018 started with them clad in this:

The riders are probably glad that Zenrin came on board as a secondary sponsor meaning that by the time most races came along they looked a bit more presentable:

w960

...well, at least from the front. Helicams will have picked up the back of the jersey, which looked like this:

(I will give bonus points for the creative way to get Zenrin's sponsorship on the back while keeping the vocaloid).

Racing Miku is less of a thing now in terms of the jerseys. "Itasha" designs are a bit more presentable as a car wrap (see Goodsmile Racing in Super GT, also run by Katayama) than body-hugging lycra, so instead they have normal cycling team styled jerseys, and just sell figurines of Racing Miku with a bike and Team Ukyo kit.

The Canyon manga bikes would work quite well with those jerseys.

PB7PiSwRL4M4oCM5ahsQxW-970-80.jpg.webp

w960

Cool, I haven't seen a jersey on a jersey since Vino4ever.

TRENDING THREADS