• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

New Moderators

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the broadly positive response to my appointment.

I will strive to maintain objectivity, though in the Clinic, fairly small amounts of objectivity can go a long way, so I should be OK!

The extra forum functionality one gets as a moderator is a bit complicated for a simple type like myself, so it will be a while before I can work out how to ban anyone, but rest assured, the clock is ticking and I have a very long memory!

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
darwin553 said:
With the little I have interacted with the two, I support W & G's appointment but against AFrank. No offence AFrank :eek:

Welcome to my list. :cool:

Nah, just kidding. :D I am curious as to why however? You could PM me if you don't want it public, or not tell me if you'd prefer (that's fine too).

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Zam_Olyas said:
Did anyone nominate afrank and wallace and gromit in Hiero's thread? lol ..not saying those who got nominated should have been appointed.

Muuaaaahhahahahaha! Hehehehe! LO effing L!

King Boonen said:
So why is Wallace and Gromit not a mod? It says senior member under his username. Shortest tenure-ship in history? Or was he so bad with the extra forum facilities he managed to kick himself off the team? :D

Dan is, ahem, perpetually behind schedule, when it comes to updating forum status.

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Btw - sorry for being rude, afrank, and W&G! I neglected to say:

"Welcome! Good on ya! May you keep a level head and a sane attitude through the upcoming trials and tribulations of being a mod!"

EnacheV

BANNED
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
I think he's doing well so far.

Yes, because he is so partisan and fortunately he is on the same side with you.

Worst moderator : public warnings, applying same rules differently based on people or thread topics, encouraging doping talk in other sections than the clinic, trying to shut people's mouth when they talk about his favorites in the clinic, etc

The worst moderator i ever saw.

EnacheV said:

Worst moderator : public warnings, applying same rules differently based on people or thread topics, encouraging doping talk in other sections than the clinic, trying to shut people's mouth when they talk about his favorites in the clinic, etc

His admonition in the Contador thread seemed on point. As I was reading your posts, I thought, how long will the baiting go on before there's a response? Voila, there comes Afrank with the exact correct admonition.

Sad that all you hear is "partisan". The public admonition serves a clear purpose, that everyone gets the same warning that this is not OK, and that everyone sees that the moderators are dealing with the trolling and baiting.

Your question was asked and then answered several times, quite satisfactorily. It was baiting because the question was agenda-based, just as Afrank outlined, and you ignored the many clear, concise answers to your "question". A "question" which was simply a dig at anyone who doesn't see the world as you do, and not really a question at all.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
EnacheV said:

Yes, I'm just awful aren't I. :D :rolleyes: A few things.

Every moderator makes public warnings.

One post on a topic where it's hard to make any comment that can't be seen as having a clinic reference to it is not encouraging doping in PRR. And like I stated, it was more a comment on how Sky have been able to bring the best out of riders, and help them achieve results you would never expect them to achieve in another team. Besides, maybe this is due to their marginal gains for all I know.

Contador is not one of my favorites, I've grown to like him more this and last year. But I'll always cheer for guys like Quintana, Nibali, and Andy before cheering for Contador.

And that will be my only reply here on this.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Partisan mods are fine, so long as they are writing posts like fans and not moderating like fans. It's a shame when the members who become mods no longer feel comfortable voicing their preferences or writing as regular forum users. Try though they may, the mods are going to moderate different people differently. The guy who was just warned the day before might get less rope than the guy who has received no prior moderation. They're human. Public cautions can be useful too, they often hold back the waters before the septic tank bursts and the thread is flooded with crap. Afrank needs to up the level of sarcasm and derision, but otherwise is doing well IMO.

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
EnacheV said:

Every mod here that I can remember have given public warnings.
No idea what you mean with your second point, as that is very much a no no.
Shut your mouth or your obvious trolling? :rolleyes:

Without the mods this place would be unreadable, so thanks, again. :)

pedaling squares said:
Partisan mods are fine, so long as they are writing posts like fans and not moderating like fans. It's a shame when the members who become mods no longer feel comfortable voicing their preferences or writing as regular forum users....

^ This bolded!!

And for me the red is very important. I rarely write like I used/want to, most of the time now its some kind of play on words or making a little joke...which can sometimes go awry by its inherent nature.

Hopefully its very clear when I have my mod hat on and when I just post. I never moderate when I'm posting.

EnacheV said:

$T2eC16NHJH8E9qSEU6!eBQFD9RiDUw~~60_35.JPG

What's wrong with public warnings? As long as they don't single out one person in particular they are better than the other alternative - usually mass bannings.

As for the rest of your post, I think you have AFrank the mod and AFrank the poster mixed up. Maybe you need to spend some time here to cool off:

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=40002