• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

New Movistar America Continental

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I´m Hector from Colombia. This is my first time in the forum. A pleasure!

Movistar will build a continental team in Colombia and America with many .2 races and events in Colombia.

In Colombia sounds rider like Gregory Brenes from CR, Guama from ECU, and colombians like Sebas Tamayo (brother of Carmioro rider), Edward Beltran like promissing rider or Jeffry Romero. People know some more? Also Walter Pedraza sounds in the list of the team. I suppose they prefer U25 riders and U23 but some rider like Walter with experience.

Henao was asked by this team but I think is not possible he signed with Orgullo paisa again for 2011...

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Hola Hector bienvenidos a esta casa -

Good from you to fill the gap here. The team should contain 15 riders if we are correct, and it would be nice if you keep tab on that, and keep us informened about the progress, thank you so much.
We have already been busy in the other Movistar thread, but please it is our privilege to have you on board with your knowledge, other active threads of interest to you, (especially the upcoming Clásico RCN and la Vuelta Gobernación de Boyacá starting tomorrow) I will list below.
There are a couple of die hards here, with some knowledge about your habitat, so that will be fun. Please keep up the good work it's an honor gracias amigo.
chini.gif

Threads of interest:
1) http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=9671&page=16

2) http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=9708&page=6

3) http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=10058&page=4

logo_movistar_esp-6.jpg
Unzué, Movistar 2 - 2011/2013 (Continental with seat in Colombia)
1)-
2)-
3)-
4)-
5)-
6)-
7)-
8)-
9)-
10)-
11)-
12)-
13)-
14)-
15)-

! So big names from Colombia and South America to be announced as of today is it Hector, please feel free to fill the list and Submit it every time again when you have new names.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
to be honest henao will never sign there he makes way too much money in orgullo he would only leave for a pro tour team and rightfully so. he's had many offers from gianetit but refuses them all.

pedraza sucks in the last 5 years I hope he's not in he probably goes back to racing with nectar cundinamarca

I think they will have 15 riders and one rider from every big country, so at leats one mexican, brazilian, argentinean, chilean, venezuela and rest mostly colombians or othe rbig talents. we will see who they can get it's not that easy as they are all pro's anyway.

I thionk they will go for u23 riders only

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Atenciones señores y señoritas

More about the subsidiary Movistar 2 Continental+.
The team will have its basis in Colombia and will count 15 riders. Consisting of eight or nine Colombians, two Venezuelans, two Mexicans, one Brazilian and one Ecuadorian.

Five Colombians have already signed a contract. The other two Colombians are currently riding in Europe for ...
During the Clasico RCN will the names be publicized of all 15 members from whom the most, if not all will be lined up for that race..

DAOTEC said:
More about the subsidiary Movistar 2 Continental+.
The team will have its basis in Colombia and will count 15 riders. Consisting of eight or nine Colombians, two Venezuelans, two Mexicans, one Brazilian and one Ecuadorian.

Five Colombians have already signed a contract. The other two Colombians are currently riding in Europe for ...
During the Clasico RCN will the names be publicized of all 15 members from whom the most, if not all will be lined up for that race..

One big surprise is Sergio Luis Henao (22)
Who had received sweet offers from Team Sky, Cafe de Colombia and Movistar Pro-Tour, but then at first decided to stay loyal to his current team. Henao perhaps changed his mind, to become one of those Colombians for the South American Movistar 2 Conti+ team, and will at the end of 2011 (fuera a parar a Europa a finales de 2011)) melt in with Movistar 1 (PT), to become a big Movistar to ride the Vuelta.

OMG. Movistar will have Henao in 2011. THat will be 1 hell of a team. Leaders - Valverde, Henao. And you seem so adamant that they will have Contador as well.

Ryo Hazuki said:
to be honest henao will never sign there he makes way too much money in orgullo he would only leave for a pro tour team and rightfully so.

:D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
wowww...perhaps some riders from Orgullo Paisa will sign with Movistar like Henao or BEtancur also...from Antioquia...

I dont know, but they need big riders and Pantano, Quintana, Atapuma will race for Colombia es Pasion. Perhaps Beltran if he makes great Worlds could sign in this team, continental or PT. Javier Gomez is too young like jaramillo. But Jaramillo is possible also.

I believe they are not 5 riders signed. Only next weeks in Clasico RCN. Perhaps pre contracts or words, but not contracts signed.

In Ecuador Guama or Bone are the big options. In Venezuela riders like Alarcon, Camargo, Galviz as young riders but others like Tomas Gil or Ronald Gonzalez? we will see.

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
One thing...if Henao makes 150000 euros, is difficult that Movistar could pay this. Only if Antioquia and Orgullo Paisa and Movistar are the same team. And Orgullo Paisa has all that Movistar needs...cars, structure, staff; and big riders. Its a real possibility.

I think they will have 15 riders and one rider from every big country, so at leats one mexican, brazilian, argentinean, chilean, venezuela and rest mostly colombians or othe rbig talents. we will see who they can get it's not that easy as they are all pro's anyway.

DAOTEC said:

One big surprise is Sergio Luis Henao (22)
Who had received sweet offers from Team Sky, Cafe de Colombia and Movistar Pro-Tour, but then at first decided to stay loyal to his current team. Henao perhaps changed his mind, to become one of those Colombians for the South American Movistar 2 Conti+ team, and will at the end of 2011 (fuera a parar a Europa a finales de 2011)) melt in with Movistar 1 (PT), to become a big Movistar to ride the Vuelta.
I really hope that Sergio Henao changes his mind. He needs that extra year for the experience in the European peloton. :cool:

And about the loyalty to the team. You have to do what is best for you and your family. It is like in the big company or in fact any other sport. You can not think about the Company as your prime goal. Once you are not productive or the same talent that you were before, you are disposable. I know some people won't agree with me but that is the fact of life. I think is OK to have "some" loyalty but without jeopardizing your goals in life.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Hector said:
One thing...if Henao makes 150000 euros, is difficult that Movistar could pay this. Only if Antioquia and Orgullo Paisa and Movistar are the same team. And Orgullo Paisa has all that Movistar needs...cars, structure, staff; and big riders. Its a real possibility.

what daotec said is wrong. henao isn't going to movistar ct. he stays with orgullo

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
orgullo will alway stay. they are oldest team in colombia.

Which Orgullo do you mean then ...

¡QUÉ ORGULLO SER ANTIOQUEÑO! ¡Qué orgullo ser colombiano!

The Governor has other plans as you know ....

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Tell me Ryo that Hector the Brenes agent do you know him ... needs a kixk in the as$ if you ask me. coming on here with noting to bear.