• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

New site design: Post all feedback here

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

sam

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
mewmewmew13 said:
I'm on Safari..I have to go to first page to log in ..then need to reclick on "log in" to get the window to go away..then have to go back and click on "forums"

Besides the general loathing over the horrible new layout what might be a time frame for fixing the login process?

We are in the final stages of testing the forum intergration should be this week all being well.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
I have one main complaint about the new design: The headings of the race reports prominently display the winner. I like to be able to read the report (particularly the live report) without knowing the winner in advance.
On the whole, I liked the old format better, where race reports and news items appeared in separate columns that could be accessed directly.

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Hello, King Boonen here.

I have a problem. I created this account ages ago when I forgot my password to ask for help recovering it, however I managed to remember it so as you will see this is my first post from this account.

The email I set up the King Boonen account with is defunct. Is there anyway you can reset the password and send it to this account?

Cheers,

KB.

Re:

King of Fife said:
Hello, King Boonen here.

I have a problem. I created this account ages ago when I forgot my password to ask for help recovering it, however I managed to remember it so as you will see this is my first post from this account.

The email I set up the King Boonen account with is defunct. Is there anyway you can reset the password and send it to this account?

Cheers,

KB.

Hi KB

I've sent you a PM. I'm sure we can get you back up and running..

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
What the hell happened to this website?

It appears to be impossible to get spoiler-free links to race stages.

Even on a 30" 2550x1600 setup it's tougher to find content.

Has the dev team been exiled to scroll city? Are they now paid on a per-scroll basis?

There are tons of problems
1. No avatars
2. No smilies - great when you weren't really being serious
3. Small font
4. Appears to be a new threshold to become a senior member - I was a senior before and now I am a junior????
5. No rules to get rid of trolls, off topic and ad hominem posters
6. No real effort to improve the quality of the discussion on doping topics
7. How do you download photos?
8. Changing the format when it was not broke is dumb - the problem with the Clinic was not the format but the stupid, sarcastic, ill-informed, speculative and illogical comments. A real discussion of doping could not be had because so many posters are biased and used mocking tactics.

Mar 16, 2009
Visit site
Can you go lot go and post forum gripes on the forum feedback page. This is the Website feedback page.

This area should be for saying how great the new website is, but it's not.
It's worst than crap.
Plainly there has been little design involved with in the website revamp. I thought the site had been hacked by spammers at wiggle, what's with the Orange, purple and orange? each time this site changes there's more white space, a worst colour combo and less cycling news. 5 or 6 years ago this site rocked to had a proper mobile app which stopped being supported last revamp but still worked as a better interface to the news feed than this website. Now that's been dropped I'm looking elsewhere for my cycling news.

This site was once an oracle, it was sold to a mag, but still retained most of it's qualities, now it's turning into billboard for wiggle and chain reaction and let's face it, we know where we're going to get cheapest gear from without it being thrust in front of our eyes every time we try and find out where Cav's up to with his bowl movements.

Can someone explain how I would go about finding where the latest races news you have for say Australia or women's racing or BMX etc etc? There used to be an always visible section on the front page where you could navigate straight to different different News streams. Some one seems to have taken their eye off the ball in relation to presentation of the news, the amount of news available here appears to be a lot lot less, is this so ? or is it just harder to access because it's hidden?

This was once a fine Cycling NEWS site, not a shopping channel

Jun 3, 2009
Visit site
crashes often on ipad and android phone. i can't see news editions or easily see when up coming races are. when loading a race report the thumb nail photos are full size for a while and then often crashes

It does kind of feel like the Race Results have disappeared on the new site because you have to scroll down past the News to get to them. The concept of having results in one column and news in the other worked much better in my view and also having each news/result item take up less space so that you can easily review what articles are available in a single glance. Overall the new site seems cluttered and without a clear structure, even if it does look more modern. I don't think the old site was perfect, but the new one needs more work. Having said that, I have noticed it's been getting better since the first beta version so hopefully that trend will continue.

Jeff

Administrator
Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Re:

Not Riding Enough said:
crashes often on ipad and android phone. i can't see news editions or easily see when up coming races are. when loading a race report the thumb nail photos are full size for a while and then often crashes
We've fixed the crashing problem. It was a serious issue that took several weeks to debug, rebuild and test, but hopefully now it's all working. It was top priority, which meant other bugs and changes have had to wait. More to come in the next few weeks.

TRENDING THREADS