• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

"New Test, Introduced Without Warning, Could Give Antidoping Officials an Edge"

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Actually I am referring to a specific box you check when providing a sample. It basically states that you agree to your sample being stored and available for any future testing protocols.

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
straydog said:
Actually I am referring to a specific box you check when providing a sample. It basically states that you agree to your sample being stored and available for any future testing protocols.

In an effort to aid transparency that should no longer be an option but a requirement.

A

Anonymous

straydog said:
Having recently completed a "ban" myself, I feel I can add a somewhat personal perspective on this thread.

Retrospective testing with new tests. Yes. The riders sign up for it.

Just as I hope the mods continue to introduce new and approved rules on posting etiquette here and then trawl through all of our previous posts to find any contraventions :D

One thing though, TFF (note my punctuation). You said something about hoping cycling "gets through this period". I am genuinely not being facetious, but I am interested in how long you have been a fan of cycling. This particular "period" has been going on for 20 odd years now, and cycling's general history regarding "doping" has been pretty tainted since it's inception as a competitive sport. This forum has roughly 15,000 members, and how many of them would you say are regular contributors to the clinic? How many are "sick and tired" of their sport being ruined by cheats?

Now, against that, how many lined the road to watch the tour live this year, or the giro or even the vuelta? How many were at Roubaix? At Geelong? My point obviously, is that i don't think most "fans" actually care a great deal about this topic, or think that their enjoyment of the sport is being ruined by doping.

Sorry for being a bit off topic, but basically, if riders get caught they should get banned. However they get caught. Until they do though, I hope people just carry on enjoying the sport more than they enjoy talking about doping or speculating about who might be doing so. I know it's kind of fun, but bike racing is much more fun.

Anyway good to "see" you again TFF....and Colon Commando would be my choice:D

I have been a fan since 1985. What I meant by "this period" is not the doping, but the public exposure to a greater extent than ever before. Doping positives have been reported throughout the years, but the fervor over them is different now.