• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a España Ninja of La Vuelta

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
As de la Parte was already mentioned, i'll go with Latour. Back after a longer period of injuries and probably not where he would have been otherwise. But he is fresh, AG2Rs GC man and will want to have some result. So chances are good he is the one hanging on the group in the mountains and finishing in the low top10 or just outside.

I just proposed this, as I have done on intermittent GTs over the last few years, for a bit of fun. I have no objection to there being a rider proclaimed as the ninja by acclamation who doesn't fit these rules, but if it is going to have any pretence of being a prediction competition, there has to be some objectivity. I'm perfectly hapy if we have a "rules" winner and a separate "people's choice".

Chill, as I believe the young people say today.

Reactions: hayneplane
I just proposed this, as I have done on intermittent GTs over the last few years, for a bit of fun. I have no objection to there being a rider proclaimed as the ninja by acclamation who doesn't fit these rules, but if it is going to have any pretence of being a prediction competition, there has to be some objectivity. I'm perfectly hapy if we have a "rules" winner and a separate "people's choice".

Chill, as I believe the young people say today.
This seems like a good approach.

Since nominations seem to be still open:

The Official CNForums Ninja of the Vuelta: Oscar Rodriguez
The Haimar Zubeldia Memorial People's Choice Award winner: Wilco Kelderman

Reactions: F_Cance
RiderPickerBest placingCurrent GCGap
Lopez155-
Rafal MajkaKoronin181000:13
Victor de la ParteTobydawq171100:15
Pierre LatourHayneplane111500:36
George BennettSalvarani141700:40
David de la CruzDel1962373201:31
Herman PernsteinerSafeBet483501:32
Ruben GuerreiroDJSprtsch213601:39
Matteo FabbroCian463801:39
Sergei ChernetskiStarlord264301:46
Oscar RodriguezCarton364601:52
Jesus HerradaPantani lives195504:47
Louis MeintjesWirral335805:44
Peter StetinaTigerion446607:02
Sergio PardillaArmchair Cyclist536707:14
Antonio PedreroLibertine Seguros717608:55
Tao Geoghegan-HartShadow93518809:39
Felix GrossschartnerAnderis10610712:17
Robert PowerLaarsland16817445:07
Nicolas RocheLogic is your friend2 (st 2)
Alex AranburuScarponi9 (st 2)

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS