• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

No love lost for Lance - media reacts

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
look at this idiotic article

http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/society-and-culture/lances-shades-of-grey-20130116-2ctoz.html

All sense of proportion has been lost. Lance Armstrong isn't Jimmy Savile. He isn't the subject of a royal commission. In an ethically bereft sport, he was the dirtiest, the hardest and the best.

by his logic, Jimmy Saville isn't Oasama Bin Laden, and Oasama Bin Laden isn't Adolf Hitler, so lets just let them be as a society, because if you aren't the worst offender in history, you deserve a free pass.

"The platform on which he built all this turns out not to be granite but manure," said Pound.

"As an athlete it is pretty clear he was a rigorous and relentless cheater and that he enforced it on his team.

"He certainly attempted to ruin a whole bunch of people around him, that's a very, very unattractive side of him.

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I just watched the Charlie Rose show: OMFG Sally Jenkins.... ugly inside and out. It's OK if you dope if you are my friend, Lance is My friend.

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:
Front page of CNN (US version).

Here is the article.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/15/us/lance-armstrong-public-opinion/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

The reaction so far from articles (see Lupica's article, among others), and the general public is overwhelming disgust with Lance. He's become a national pariah, beyond any other drug cheat in all of sports.

Most sports writers don't like anything without a ball so the zeal is hardly surprising if a sporty worte it. Funny how they go nuts on some cheats and look completely the other way on others.:rolleyes:

Jeremiah said:
She is pathetic but you can't go after what she looks like. That's just wrong..

And I will say that I was completely repulsed by that crazy b!tch Giselle Bunchen, or whatever the heck her name, is when she was criticizing Brady's receivers after the Super Bowl. Just STFU...That's almost grounds for divorce in my book...:D

I allowed myself that because at one point in the interview she mentioned misrepresentation, which she obviously engages in herself.

Then again her words are much more revealing as to her ugliness than her looks.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, I badly orientate in US time. Has the interview already been shown and if not in how many hours it is going to be broadcasted?

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
L'Equipe

L'Equipe has a reminder about the upcoming Oprah/Lance interview on the front cover of the paper. Upper left corner:
La Nuit du Menteur = The Night of the Liar

une17012013_hd.jpg

Some comedian guy who does a regular segment on a local radio station pretty much defended Wonderboy. The angle was not surprising to me though and it was, "What's cycling? It's what the busboys do to get to work! Nobody cares about cycling and didn't know it was a sport until this guy."

Outside of cycling enthusiasts in the U.S., that perspective is all too common. Or, at least it is for me. The amount of indifference to cycling sets up a bias to not really care about Wonderboy's scams.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Ferminal said:
Eighteen Hours.

Checking the Oprah network channel number for Comcast last night and found confirmation of the interview's importance to her financial empire: they had a countdown clock in the corner of the broadcasts!

ValleyFlowers said:
L'Equipe has a reminder about the upcoming Oprah/Lance interview on the front cover of the paper. Upper left corner:
La Nuit du Menteur = The Night of the Liar

une17012013_hd.jpg
Oh, and btw: Bayerns Pep was popped for nandrolone twice and the corrupt German media gives a flying **** about it. 20+ million for a doper who was "mysteriously" cleared by his own federation. Well, yeah! Natürlich!

TRENDING THREADS