• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

No way anyone posting in the Clinic is clean

The logic here is pretty simple:

1) at least a few people posting in the Clinic are not clean because:
a) every organization in the world today has cheaters, individuals who make use of an unfair advantage; the Clinic is no exception
b) some posters on the Clinic have been banned in the past; yet when they return from a ban, the quality of their posts is about the same as it was before they were banned. This proves that whatever they were doing before they got banned they are continuing to do.
c) Some posters here demonstrate an unusually fast learning curve. When they join the forum they are completely ignorant about some subject, but after a little while they become quite familiar with it. This isn’t possible if you’re clean.

2) Given that at least a few people on the Clinic are not clean it follows that most are not clean, because:
a) if only a few were not clean, the great majority would not be able to keep up with them on the forum, yet most are able to do this.
b) everyone posting on this forum has at some time in the past interacted in some manner with someone else posting on this forum. This means that many of these individuals have an association with someone who is not clean. This is prima facie evidence of their not being clean themselves.

3) If most posters on the Clinic are not clean, then no one is clean, because:
a) Though a few people in the Clinic get banned, most do not. This means that mods must be corrupt, allowing people who are not clean to post. If the mods are corrupt, then everyone posting here is suspect.
b) if there is anyone posting here who is clean, he/she would stand out in an obvious manner from the great majority who are not clean. While a few posters here may indeed stand out in this manner, this is more likely because they want to appear clean, rather than their actually being clean.
c) Since everyone interacts with someone else, and almost no one is clean, it follows that anyone a poster associates with is with high probability not clean. Following this logic, it becomes clear that no one can spend much time here and remain clean.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I never saw anyone doping.

I was only using the good doctor for his training programs.

After a long battle with a sore little finger i came back and my physique was altered and cadence higher.

I never tested positive.

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
beware!

UCI/WADA/AFLD and Brussel's internet czarinne collaborated to introduce on Cyclingnews a special antidoping script that records your breathing using the computer microphone, your typing and mouse moving profiles etc. to create your clinicologic passport. CN can use it once the A sample of your monthly google searches for PEDs exceeds a given threshold (proportional to the donations you make). During the investigation you can continue discussing only if you scored at least 50% likes in the previous year's Tour-related Clicnic forum.

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Times are changing. There is no way the Clinic is anywhere near as dirty as the mid 90's - early noughties period. Why can't we all just move past this and enjoy the spectacle of people who dedicate their lives posting in this forum.

You guyz are just haterz.

Don't hate on the clinic. It's done a lot of good work for mental patients and it provides power trips for ego-maniacs.

Everyone is dirty so its a level playing field. I just train harder before posting and concentrate on my clinic posting. I don't waste my time posting the road section or general which means I am in top form in to post in the clinic.

I think that the French and Euros are just jealous of the clinic posters, I think it must be because we rescued them in 1944.

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
P,u,i

So is posting while under the influence an offence and just what is the legal limit to type and post. Can one still post the morning after the big party with a hangover or do you have to be able to type in a straightline. Or is that *typeinastraightline* ah yes , thats it .
Typeinastraightlinewithoutfallingoffthechairinfrontofthepcandneverhittingthespacebaronceitsalotharderthanyouthinkbetyouwillhitthespacebarwithyourthumbanditreallyslowstypingdownehlmaoeh.:D now i am a legal poster cause i can type in a straightline for the posting police .

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
I think the key is to focus on the new, young posters, as they're our hope for a clean future.

Mods - would you please repost that sentence every two years? Cheers.

Apr 9, 2009
Visit site
I look forward to proving my innocence, and I continue to train.
Besides, there's no way I would put any PEDs in my body after suffering through the hangover I had last weekend.

May 20, 2010
Visit site
general questions

Are banned posters more likely to be on a "premium" or "budget" program?

Do "supercharged" posters have a trainer?

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Merckx index said:
The logic here is pretty simple:

1) at least a few people posting in the Clinic are not clean because:
a) every organization in the world today has cheaters, individuals who make use of an unfair advantage; the Clinic is no exception
b) some posters on the Clinic have been banned in the past; yet when they return from a ban, the quality of their posts is about the same as it was before they were banned. This proves that whatever they were doing before they got banned they are continuing to do.
c) Some posters here demonstrate an unusually fast learning curve. When they join the forum they are completely ignorant about some subject, but after a little while they become quite familiar with it. This isn’t possible if you’re clean.

2) Given that at least a few people on the Clinic are not clean it follows that most are not clean, because:
a) if only a few were not clean, the great majority would not be able to keep up with them on the forum, yet most are able to do this.
b) everyone posting on this forum has at some time in the past interacted in some manner with someone else posting on this forum. This means that many of these individuals have an association with someone who is not clean. This is prima facie evidence of their not being clean themselves.

3) If most posters on the Clinic are not clean, then no one is clean, because:
a) Though a few people in the Clinic get banned, most do not. This means that mods must be corrupt, allowing people who are not clean to post. If the mods are corrupt, then everyone posting here is suspect.
b) if there is anyone posting here who is clean, he/she would stand out in an obvious manner from the great majority who are not clean. While a few posters here may indeed stand out in this manner, this is more likely because they want to appear clean, rather than their actually being clean.
c) Since everyone interacts with someone else, and almost no one is clean, it follows that anyone a poster associates with is with high probability not clean. Following this logic, it becomes clear that no one can spend much time here and remain clean.

....post of the millennium...in fact we can all go home now as there is really nothing more to say...

Cheers

blutto

Aug 9, 2009
Visit site
I think it is time to set some threshold limits on certain substances. The keyboards in many laptops are made in China, and testing has shown that clenbuterol is a common trace substance in such keyboards, easily absorbed into the blood through contact/transference.

The real problem is the running of the clinic. The authorities have been protecting certain dirty posters for years, while they throw easy targets like TFF under the bus.

I'd just like to point out:

I had a TUE for that post that came back positive in 1999
Those 6 positive posts from 1999 came from frozen posts and were probably tampered with by the French.
I train harder for posting than anyone. I was even training on xmas day.
I no longer work with Dr Ferrari on my posting, although we remain close personal friends.

Anyone is free to look at my posting data. I've put it up on my website.

The clinic mods do more to clean up the clinic than any other forum - why are people always picking on the clinic? of course there's going to be issues since the mods started increasing their testing. There will always be cheats but people need to applaud us on here for the efforts made - there;s a new generation out there who need to know that you can post on here clean. In fact I want to start a bracelet campaign saying 'I support clean posting'.

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
blutto said:
....post of the millennium...in fact we can all go home now as there is really nothing more to say...

Cheers

blutto

...oh ooops!...just had a frightening sober second thought...maybe in the big picture ( you know the one that includes this concept called reality ) the Clinic is a great idea that needs more input from the cadre of august supporters of the Clinic faith...put it this way..the Clinic is a great mechanism to focus the energy of all those faithful...just think of the carnage that would result when those faithful, who are now so gainfully occupied in dealing with all those really important Clinic issues, were loosed on the world outside...the mind boggles...

Cheers

blutto

TRENDING THREADS