• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Nordic Skiing/Biathlon Thread

Page 44 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
cologna produced almost exactly the same win as in the last 2 skiathlons he won in val di fiemme and in sochi...the freshest legs for a decisive attack on the last hill.

objectively, i think sundby was the strongest and vyleg was the least lucky...with legkov who broke a pole with 1 km to go.

but the moral of the story is really that they have cracked the northug puzzle and his games of playing positions are used to hurt him.

duerr excellent, hellener excellent, cologna - a TRUE CHAMPION !

Waterloo Sunrise said:
Are those lanes just dotted on for show? Surely Sundby should be relegated for blatant and crucial blocking of a home athlete, which was the only way he stayed ahead.

Well, Norwegians can always do what they want. If it was the other way round, there would have been a relegation for sure.

Impressive win by Cologna. Norwegians didn't look to good at all. All of a sudden it seems that Sweden could win the relay.

Bavarianrider said:
Well, Norwegians can always do what they want. If it was the other way round, there would have been a relegation for sure.

Impressive win by Cologna. Norwegians didn't look to good at all. All of a sudden it seems that Sweden could win the relay.
This one's in front of a Russian crowd though. It was a bit daft but I guess if he gets away with it he gets a medal, if he doesn't get away with it he loses nothing.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
as i have consistently predicted - including several posts in this very thread - we are witnessing the 1st step in the undoing of the over-hyped norwegian man's team (dont get me wrong - they still the example and will recover, but not in soch)

only 1 norwegian - the true hard core sundby as i can't get tired stressing - in top 15 ! yet all 4 swedes :p 3 russians and 2 germans and 2 french

lets the whining begin :rolleyes:

Wow Impressive from Dario and Hellner.

And we were beaten by the Swedes. NOOOOOO! The Pain is unbearable.:D

Sundbys finish looked a bit questionable. He was apparently called to a meeting with the jury, and received a written warning. They didn't change the result, so they probably did not view it as a game changing maneuver. Or rather. Norway owns FIS and decided to award the medal to Norway despite Putins anger. Norway strong! Russia weak, even at home!

Northug was disappointing, I thought he would be better. If his form doesn't improve, I don't see him being a factor in the 50k, and I'm starting to worry about the Relay.:eek: Then again, I can't remember him getting off to a good start before either, so I still have hope.

I'm impressed with how Hellner and Dario found their form at the right time. 2 weeks ago I would have thought they needed a few more races to find their mojo, I guess not.

And the Swedish team has really impressed. The whole team were supporting Hellner the entire way. I didn't expect that either.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
The pictures clearly show martin almost cutting off vyleg in the last meters..and winning by .1 sec

the russians launched a protest. the norwegian TV2 expert fredrik aukland admitted what sundby did was strictly illegal.
http://www.tv2.no/2014/02/09/sport/sotsji/langrenn/ol/5300432#

The result ?

martin broke rules, gets a written warning but….. keeps his medal.

if a russian broke any rules at the finish, would he keep his medal ?

perhaps it is time to revive conversations about lack of favouritism in fis lead by a norwegian ?

python said:
The pictures clearly show martin almost cutting off vyleg in the last meters..and winning by .1 sec

the russians launched a protest. the norwegian TV2 expert fredrik aukland admitted what sundby did was strictly illegal.
http://www.tv2.no/2014/02/09/sport/sotsji/langrenn/ol/5300432#

The result ?

martin broke rules, gets a written warning but….. keeps his medal.

if a russian broke any rules at the finish, would he keep his medal ?

perhaps it is time to revive conversations about lack of favouritism in fis lead by a norwegian ?
As if the russians would ever win a medal :rolleyes:

:p

TRENDING THREADS