• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

NovitzkyÂ’s European vacation

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
L'arriviste said:
Not sure if it's what you mean, but the Cols d'Eze and de la Madone above Nice are very popular for measuring condition and very commonly used by pros based in that area.

450px-Col_d%27Eze.jpg

Thanks! It was the Madone:

Armstrong himself explains: "The Col de la Madone is a 12km climb that starts in the French village of Menton. It rises from close to sea level to 927 meters. Cyclists have long used it to test themselves. Having lived in Nice for four years, I rode it many times as well. The record of 31:30 stood for many years, until in 1999 when I broke it with a 30:47. For me, the Madone is the ultimate test. It always tells me if I'm ready - ready to ride fast and ultimately, win the Tour de France. It never fails."

the famous Col de la Madone - used regularly by the great Tony Rominger, made famous by the even greater Lance Armstrong, and ridden the fastest by the slight shouldered climbing enigma, Tom Danielson (30:24).

Now I just need to find the article that links his time in Nice to Doping, the Madone and his eventual decision to leave France for Spain, for 'tax reasons.'

Just One Actor

masking_agent said:
i certainly hope you're right, but my faith in Novitzky is dwindling

Remember, Novitzky is just one actor on the Government's side of the story. Novitzky has/had? people running political cover for him way above his rank in the FDA. Only he knows if he still has the political cover to do his job. Even if he's still on the case, he's the named guy collecting stuff for the prosecuting Attorney.

Once it hits the Attorney's office, *anything* from it all evaporating to minor crimes settled, to full felony convictions are possible.

This can go pretty slow. BALCO took an eternity even from the BALCO office raids to teary-eyed confessions about a doping career in front of the courthouse. Compared to the court of public opinion, this thing will grind on even if it the outcome is in the Fed's favor.

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
masking_agent said:
his european vacation produced what ? more "circumstantial" evidence ? ;)

Hello, Mr Ressiot? Coucou, where are you?
You know Mr Bordry well, so what did he tell you about Novitzky team meeting in Lyon?

Errr, L'Equipe management won't let you investigate and publish bad bad stuff about sexy Lancie? Hmmmm, snowball effect on other stars like the Shrek brothers? Not good for Tour de France publicity? Shame, cause this time non French people would believe you...Your "Armstrong, le grand mensonge in 2005?" Bad timing, bad bad timing.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
It appears the groupies want this over as soon as possible. Like ripping a Band aide off.

Sorry, it is not going to be that way. This will be a slow motion train wreck. Your hero is about to be pecked to death by ducks.

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Race Radio said:
It appears the groupies want this over as soon as possible. Like ripping a Band aide off.

Sorry, it is not going to be that way. This will be a slow motion train wreck. Your hero is about to be pecked to death by ducks.

Interesting that SO MANY fanboys seem to be demanding this in just one day.

Sounds like we're being played by a 15 year-old kid with multiple handles.