• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Nurtitional Snacks

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
I 'm looking for some advice on food to munch on while off the bike. I tend to eat lots of toast with butter and cheese on it.

Anyways I feel fat and I'm just wondering what all of you eat when your hungry.

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
fruits vegetables whole grains lean meats poultry fish low fat dairy nuts legumes etc... the more natural/organic the better the more simple the better. also eat a decent amount of protein always that promotes lean muscle and better body composition.

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I would advice you to have fresh fruits.
If you feel very boring to eat fruits you can have yummy fruit salad.
You can have vegetable soup and also veggie salad.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
easy soups (for example get some good quality miso paste and some nice seaweed/tofu), variety of nuts, fruit. With fruit I have noticed it's best to wash and store straight after you've purchased them. That means you only have to dive into the fridge, once you are ready for a snack. Drink water (tea if you like it) throughout the day, and eat well at breakfast lunch and dinner.

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
People always say eat fruit - but fruit just doesn't fill me up and leaves me feeling pretty hungry still. I've started eating a mix of nuts and dried fruit as an alternative. I know there's a bit of fat in nuts, but it's good fat - and there's also protein and minerals. And they're a lot more filling than just fruit.

Reactions: jmdirt
Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
For snacks, nothing like fruit. Pineapple, mango, organic Bananas, apples and such. But ... too much can leave me unbalanced...... so I sometimes eat unsweetened coconut too. You can take some in a small bag with you anywhere you go.

Alternatively ...unsweetened dried coconut and organic dried apricots make for an awesome high energy snack. The coconut stabilizes the blood sugar . This is very tasty. The organic dried apricots have a totally different taste(real) than the crappy orange gummy bear tasting ones you find preserved with sulfur.

Or add some some nuts .... walnuts, pecans or pumpkin seeds.

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I like smoothies with lots of fruit. It's filling and contains lots of vitamins and gives you lots of energy. I also like eating nuts like peanuts and almonds and oats is really good and healthy.

ellaharry45

BANNED
Nov 16, 2020
Visit site
Dry fruits are a great source of nutrition, it's great, its delicious and healthy snack, these are rich of vitamins, minerals, and protein you can take it daily, you will feel better and active. I also take twice in a day and I feel good, I got my one from couponcodify by using Braga Organic Farms Coupons , because they give high-quality dry fruits, I recommend you to add dry fruits to your daily diet. It will boost your energy.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS